Easter.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
With mine looks like 'What's new' is all new posts but 'New posts' only shows me posts I haven't opened and read yet.

marke

Happy Easter everyone.
I thank God for His son, and I thank Jesus for enduring faithfully until His death...for us.
Unlike mere mortals, Jesus endured to the end because He was the firstborn of the Living God. Jesus was God come in the flesh.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now I see what you're talking about. I'm seeing your post under "what's new" but not under "new posts." That's strange.
@Sherman
I looked at it, there does not seem to be an option for editing it. It may be that the forum software is getting due for an update.

Hoping

Banned
Unlike mere mortals, Jesus endured to the end because He was the firstborn of the Living God. Jesus was God come in the flesh.
Jesus was the Word that came in the flesh.
And thanks be to God, we mere mortals can be baptized into Jesus, so have the same power He did to resist temptation.
Jesus was the first reborn, but thankfully, there have been many more reborn since He showed the way.
Walking in the Spirit, instead of in the flesh, is such a good thing !

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
I looked at it, there does not seem to be an option for editing it. It may be that the forum software is getting due for an update.
I was wondering if I needed to be in a certain "forum" in order to make new posts, but I don't see the "Post Thread" button anywhere but in the "Home" section.
From there, I can post "New threads" in the "Creation Science" and in the "Dominic Enyart Show" sections...only.
Maybe I will figure it all out before I hit two thousand posts...:unsure:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was wondering if I needed to be in a certain "forum" in order to make new posts, but I don't see the "Post Thread" button anywhere but in the "Home" section.
From there, I can post "New threads" in the "Creation Science" and in the "Dominic Enyart Show" sections...only.
Maybe I will figure it all out before I hit two thousand posts...:unsure:
It isn't for anyone. You need to be browsing a section to open a new thread. If you browse 'the Rest' for example. You should be able to start a new thread.

marke

Jesus was the Word that came in the flesh.
And thanks be to God, we mere mortals can be baptized into Jesus, so have the same power He did to resist temptation.
Jesus was the first reborn, but thankfully, there have been many more reborn since He showed the way.
Walking in the Spirit, instead of in the flesh, is such a good thing !
Simon was baptized into Jesus after he believed, but he had a problem as told us in Acts 8

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Simon was baptized into Jesus after he believed, but he had a problem as told us in Acts 8

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
That's where we get the word 'simony' trying to buy a bishopric.

Hoping

Banned

Simon of Samaria didn't first repent of sin, as commanded by Peter in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Sinners won't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, as the Spirit of God will not reside in a corrupt temple.
It is written..."If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." (1 Cor 3:17)

marke

Simon of Samaria didn't first repent of sin, as commanded by Peter in Acts 2:38..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Sinners won't receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, as the Spirit of God will not reside in a corrupt temple.
It is written..."If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." (1 Cor 3:17)
You have everything wrapped up in a neat little package that does not satisfy every verse in the Bible. The thief on the cross was saved and gained access to heaven without being baptized.

Hoping

Banned
You have everything wrapped up in a neat little package that does not satisfy every verse in the Bible. The thief on the cross was saved and gained access to heaven without being baptized.
The thief did literally what we do by faith.
He took the blame for his sins, and suffered and died with Christ for his sins. (1 Peter 4:1)
He was buried with Christ and he was promised eternity with Jesus, just as we are.
Exactly as Romans 6:3-6 says we are to do.

Besides, we are water baptized into Christ's death, as well as into Him. (Rom 6:3)
Jesus was not even dead when the thief repented of his wickedness.

Last edited:

marke

The thief did literally what we do by faith.
He took the blame for his sins, and suffered and died with Christ for his sins. (1 Peter 4:1)
He was buried with Christ and he was promised eternity with Jesus, just as we are.
Exactly as Romans 6:3-6 says we are to do.

Besides, we are water baptized into Christ's death, as well as into Him. (Rom 6:3)
Jesus was not even dead when the thief repented of his wickedness.
Your strained interpretation does not support your desired narrative as well as you think.

Hoping

Banned
Your strained interpretation does not support your desired narrative as well as you think.
It never will, to those who will not turn from sin permanently.
It never will, to those who love anything more than they love God.