Enoch, somehow refreshing

Bee1

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, father of Methuselah, the great-grandfather of Noah so there should be little conflict (amongst Jews and Christians) that this person exists and fairly important. I not going to get into why his book is not in the Bible but after reading it again I find Enoch's book to be interesting reading. Basically his book is about the fallen angels or Watchers and God's wrath concerning the Watcher's conduct with women of the earth. One thing stand out most of all to me, Enoch calls the angels by their names which gives his account a ring of truth. And I believe that since this book was not included in the canonized Bible that basically save it from being heavily edited by the Catholic Church. Enoch's account gives a reason why God sent the flood. I believe the Old Testament just said people were wicked and that why the earth flooded. Enoch's version is more detailed and he calls a slew of Watchers by "name"and give the number to how many (200). I believe Michael and Gabriel are the only two angels named in the whole Bible (OK three Satan or Lucifer ). The Bible today is just a husk, no meat.

The names of the leaders are given as "Samyaza (Shemyazaz), their leader, Araqiel, Râmêêl, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Dânêl, Chazaqiel, Baraqiel, Asael, Armaros, Batariel, Bezaliel, Ananiel, Zaqiel, Shamsiel, Satariel, Turiel, Yomiel, Sariel."

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

It reads to me that the culprit with whom GOD is disgruntled is.... man.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Enoch, the seventh from Adam, father of Methuselah, the great-grandfather of Noah so there should be little conflict (amongst Jews and Christians) that this person exists and fairly important. I not going to get into why his book is not in the Bible but after reading it again I find Enoch's book to be interesting reading. Basically his book is about the fallen angels or Watchers and God's wrath concerning the Watcher's conduct with women of the earth. One thing stand out most of all to me, Enoch calls the angels by their names which gives his account a ring of truth. And I believe that since this book was not included in the canonized Bible that basically save it from being heavily edited by the Catholic Church. Enoch's account gives a reason why God sent the flood. I believe the Old Testament just said people were wicked and that why the earth flooded. Enoch's version is more detailed and he calls a slew of Watchers by "name"and give the number to how many (200). I believe Michael and Gabriel are the only two angels named in the whole Bible (OK three Satan or Lucifer ). The Bible today is just a husk, no meat.

The names of the leaders are given as "Samyaza (Shemyazaz), their leader, Araqiel, Râmêêl, Kokabiel, Tamiel, Ramiel, Dânêl, Chazaqiel, Baraqiel, Asael, Armaros, Batariel, Bezaliel, Ananiel, Zaqiel, Shamsiel, Satariel, Turiel, Yomiel, Sariel."

Today is Shishi Ziv 19. It is Yom. Omer 34.

I disagree. That is not how I understand the book of Enoch.

Bee1

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

It reads to me that the culprit with whom GOD is disgruntled is.... man.
But you are reading Genesis account, Enoch's version condemns the Watchers, children of the Watchers (Nephilim) and those who cohorts with such.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I am interested in what you think they did with women.

you said
wrath concerning the Watcher's conduct with women of the earth.

Bee1

I think the book of Enoch is an interesting read also.

But this statement of yours .....

:down:
You must admit that certain material is missing or amended by the early Roman Catholic Church. Take Enoch for example, again I am no theologian by a long shot but parts of this book date back to 200.BC Why isn't this book included in OT. It was written in Hebrew and Aramaic so no problem there as far as time frame. Maybe the message may not agree to all but it is Biblically sound. No glaring discrepancies. It like you are reading what someone else wants you to read or interpret what is read. Now I know I am also bashing the RCC for changing scripture but this was before the RCC. Hebrew scholars and priest had a hand here. God name's was once in the Bible. So you are not getting the whole picture or critical part of the message. My opinion, that's all.

AHPeeb

The Bible calls the Nephilim men. It also says that they were on the Earth before the flood and were on the Earth after the flood as well. It never says they were giants, it never says they were watchers, it never says that they were rock creatures as depicted in Russell Crow's movie Noah. It just says they were mighty men of old.

My guess, the Nephilim were probably considered some sort of royalty or were worshiped or respected as some sort of demigods or warrior rulers but were in all actuality, just men.

The Bible also never says that the Nephilim were destroyed. Which means there are still Nephilim on earth today.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Bee1

Well, to have children you must have sex and Watchers also taught astronomy, cutting of "roots", alchemy and other things. I assume the Watchers taught their offspring and women who bore children with them.
I said
I am interested in what you think they did with women.

you said
wrath concerning the Watcher's conduct with women of the earth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You must admit that certain material is missing or amended by the early Roman Catholic Church. Take Enoch for example, again I am no theologian by a long shot but parts of this book date back to 200.BC Why isn't this book included in OT. It was written in Hebrew and Aramaic so no problem there as far as time frame. Maybe the message may not agree to all but it is Biblically sound. No glaring discrepancies. It like you are reading what someone else wants you to read or interpret what is read. Now I know I am also bashing the RCC for changing scripture but this was before the RCC. Hebrew scholars and priest had a hand here. God name's was once in the Bible. So you are not getting the whole picture or critical part of the message. My opinion, that's all.

It does tell us more details of the teachings, but the teachings were already established per scripture.

Justin Martyr, one of the earliest church fathers, left no doubt that the teaching was prevalent in the early Christian church.

Chapter V.—How the angels transgressed.

But if this idea take possession of some one, that if we acknowledge God as our helper, we should not, as we say, be oppressed and persecuted by the wicked; this, too, I will solve. God, when He had made the whole world, and subjected things earthly to man, and arranged the heavenly elements for the increase of fruits and rotation of the seasons, and appointed this divine law—for these things also He evidently made for man—committed the care of men and of all things under heaven to angels whom He appointed over them.
But the angels transgressed this appointment, and were captivated by love of women, and begat children who are those that are called demons; and besides, they afterwards subdued the human race to themselves, partly by magical writings, and partly by fears and the punishments they occasioned, and partly by teaching them to offer sacrifices, and incense, and libations, of which things they stood in need after they were enslaved by lustful passions; and among men they sowed murders, wars, adulteries, intemperate deeds, and all wickedness. Whence also the poets and mythologists, not knowing that it was the angels and those demons who had been begotten by them that did these things to men, and women, and cities, and nations, which they related, ascribed them to god himself, and to those who were accounted to be his very offspring, and to the offspring of those who were called his brothers, Neptune and Pluto, and to the children again of these their offspring. For whatever name each of the angels had given to himself and his children, by that name they called them.

https://st-takla.org/books/en/ecf/001/0010450.html

It may also be of interest that the Septuagint uses the Greek word aggelos (angels) for "sons of God" in Genesis 6.

Bee1

It does tell us more details of the teachings, but the teachings were already established per scripture.

Justin Martyr, one of the earliest church fathers, left no doubt that the teaching was prevalent in the early Christian church.

Chapter V.—How the angels transgressed.

But if this idea take possession of some one, that if we acknowledge God as our helper, we should not, as we say, be oppressed and persecuted by the wicked; this, too, I will solve. God, when He had made the whole world, and subjected things earthly to man, and arranged the heavenly elements for the increase of fruits and rotation of the seasons, and appointed this divine law—for these things also He evidently made for man—committed the care of men and of all things under heaven to angels whom He appointed over them.
But the angels transgressed this appointment, and were captivated by love of women, and begat children who are those that are called demons; and besides, they afterwards subdued the human race to themselves, partly by magical writings, and partly by fears and the punishments they occasioned, and partly by teaching them to offer sacrifices, and incense, and libations, of which things they stood in need after they were enslaved by lustful passions; and among men they sowed murders, wars, adulteries, intemperate deeds, and all wickedness. Whence also the poets and mythologists, not knowing that it was the angels and those demons who had been begotten by them that did these things to men, and women, and cities, and nations, which they related, ascribed them to god himself, and to those who were accounted to be his very offspring, and to the offspring of those who were called his brothers, Neptune and Pluto, and to the children again of these their offspring. For whatever name each of the angels had given to himself and his children, by that name they called them.

https://st-takla.org/books/en/ecf/001/0010450.html

It may also be of interest that the Septuagint uses the Greek word aggelos (angels) for "sons of God" in Genesis 6.
So it would be safe to say that the Watchers were angels who provoke God's wrath because they found the daughters of men attractive and had children by these "angels". I do believe the OT said these children were giants, men of renown.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So it would be safe to say that the Watchers were angels who provoke God's wrath because they found the daughters of men attractive and had children by these "angels". I do believe the OT said these children were giants, men of renown.

It is debated as to what rank or class (or whatever category name you want to use) the "watchers" have among the heavenly hosts.
Some theories are complicated and some seem like they were pulled out of thin air.
But they are all kinda interesting, as far as assumptions go.

One thing that appears certain is that Satan was not among them, as the angels that sinned were imprisoned, and Satan was still roaming around.
But that does not mean that Satan cannot sin in that way in the future.

One interesting speculation on the subject is that Satan (the dragon beast of Revelation) will produce the "image" of the beast talked about in Revelation through the process of mating with a human woman (thus mimiking the birth of Jesus as the express image of His Father).
They further this theory by connecting "as in the days of Noah" with end time prophesy of this abomination happening again (angel mating with woman).
And they throw in the Genesis 6 comment that they (the nephilim) would be in the days AFTER the flood also.
If all the angels that sinned in Genesis 6 were imprisoned, then this could only happen if other angels sinned in like manner afterwards.

Bee1

It is debated as to what rank or class (or whatever category name you want to use) the "watchers" have among the heavenly hosts.
Some theories are complicated and some seem like they were pulled out of thin air.
But they are all kinda interesting, as far as assumptions go.

One thing that appears certain is that Satan was not among them, as the angels that sinned were imprisoned, and Satan was still roaming around.
But that does not mean that Satan cannot sin in that way in the future.

One interesting speculation on the subject is that Satan (the dragon beast of Revelation) will produce the "image" of the beast talked about in Revelation through the process of mating with a human woman (thus mimiking the birth of Jesus as the express image of His Father).
They further this theory by connecting "as in the days of Noah" with end time prophesy of this abomination happening again (angel mating with woman).
And they throw in the Genesis 6 comment that they (the nephilim) would be in the days AFTER the flood also.
If all the angels that sinned in Genesis 6 were imprisoned, then this could only happen if other angels sinned in like manner afterwards.
Enoch said there were 200 Watchers. Satan was not one of them.