Enyart calls for pro-lifers to oppose John Roberts nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrob57

I guess Ralph Reed, former Executive Director of the Christian Coalition, didn't know that (or didn't care) when he was campaigning for Bush in 2004...

Much like National Right to Life, the Christian Coalition was essentially a GOP puppet organization.

Or James Dobson, who told his followers that not voting in the 2004 election (for the only "godly candidate") was a sin...

Or Jerry Falwell, who publicly supported Bush in the last two elections...

Or Janet Parshall, or Richard Land (head of the SBC), or Ted Haggard (head of the NAE)...

Perhaps Bush was far enough right to garner their support.

And these guys were beset by the lesser of 2 evils mentality.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
docrob57 said:
Much like National Right to Life, the Christian Coalition was essentially a GOP puppet organization.

And these guys were beset by the lesser of 2 evils mentality.
Better watch all that hand-waving, docrob. You'll catch a chill... ;)

Holly

Zakath said:
:think:

I guess Ralph Reed, former Executive Director of the Christian Coalition, didn't know that (or didn't care) when he was campaigning for Bush in 2004...

Darn tootin' Ralph Reed didn't care! Lending the Bush syndicate the illusion of piety has been extremely lucrative for Ralph Reed...including the $20,000 a month "consulting contract" with Enron that Karl Rove and George Bush arranged for him prior to his 2000 campaign. Reed is corrupt as they come and I would like to slap him silly if the opportunity ever presented itself. But enough about Enron...I'm sure we will have plenty of threads on that in January 2006 when Ken Lay goes on trial. :LoJo:
Ralph, Rove, Bush, and Enron

drbrumley

Crow said:
He was the better of the two viable choices. But he's not very far right. And he's wrong on the abortion issue--he doesn't go far enough. Bush believes in elective abortions in several instances, rape and incest being two that I can think of right off hand.

I'm not even to the far far right on abortion--I believe that if the fetus cannot survive long enough to be viable because a pregnancy will be fatal to the mother and an abortion might save the mother's life, go for it. Don't let two people die to prove a point about one. Preserve innocent live whenever you can and save who you can save even if you can't save both.

That would be called a miscarraige. Or I should say a form of. Thats not abortion.

fool

Hall of Fame
drbrumley said:
That would be called a miscarraige. Or I should say a form of. Thats not abortion.
wrong doc.
any time you interfere with a pregnancy before the fetus is viable you had an abortion.
mincing words dosen't help.
If you go back and read BillyBobs thread "abortion and the death penalty" in the polls forum you can see me trying to get people to understand this very problem.

fool

Hall of Fame
did Enyart refer to himself in the third person when he titled this thread?
looks like he did.
I thought fool was the only one around here that did that.

Freak

Crow said:
I'm not even to the far far right on abortion--I believe that if the fetus cannot survive long enough to be viable because a pregnancy will be fatal to the mother and an abortion might save the mother's life, go for it.
Should one leave the decision up to God? Is abortion ever right?

Crow

Freak said:
Should one leave the decision up to God? Is abortion ever right?

I believe that God expects us to use our God given brains and deal with issues like ectopic pregnancy and ruptured placenta previa, where you have a choice between two deaths or one. Yes, there are a very few situations where the fetus is doomed, such as two I just cited, but it is still possible to save the mother's life. I believe that it would be idiotic and evil not to do everything we can to save the mother in that situation.

fool

Hall of Fame
Crow said:
I believe that God expects us to use our God given brains and deal with issues like ectopic pregnancy and ruptured placenta previa, where you have a choice between two deaths or one. Yes, there are a very few situations where the fetus is doomed, such as two I just cited, but it is still possible to save the mother's life. I believe that it would be idiotic and evil not to do everything we can to save the mother in that situation.
go Crow go Crow go Crow go Crow
:BRAVO: :BRAVO: :BRAVO: :BRAVO:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Crow said:
We should do everything we can to save BOTH patients. Murdering one patient to save another patient is always wrong.

When we attempt separate conjoined twins we never hear a doctor say . . . "Well we are going to murder Jessica so that we can save Julie."

However you might hear them say . . . "We are going to do everything in our power to save Jessica AND Julie." Even if they know that one MIGHT die during the operation.

This mindset of saving all patients has allowed medical science to perform some amazing operations!

Conversly . . . .

The mindset of . . . murdering one patient to save another hasn't furthered medical science in the least. :(

Crow

Knight said:
We should do everything we can to save BOTH patients. Murdering one patient to save another patient is always wrong.

When we attempt separate conjoined twins we never hear a doctor say . . . "Well we are going to murder Jessica so that we can save Julie."

However you might hear them say . . . "We are going to do everything in our power to save Jessica AND Julie." Even if they know that one MIGHT die during the operation.

This mindset of saving all patients has allowed medical science to perform some amazing operations!

Conversly . . . .

The mindset of . . . lets murder one patient to save another hasn't furthered medical science in the least. :(

At this point in time, there is no way to save a tubal pregnancy. If there were, of course we should save the mother and the child.

If a woman has a ruptured placenta previa and the baby is not yet viable, there is no way to save the baby. The baby cannot survive without a live mother, and the mother is going to die if the placenta is not removed--she would bleed to death in a matter of minutes.

I agree that the mindset should be to save both. But if that is impossible, I don't believe that God has preordained that both die. I believe that he wants us to save both, but if we can't, save who we can.

drbrumley

A tubal is not an abortion. It is a neccesary operation one must have when placed in that situation. I havent met or heard a dr yet say he/she wasn't going to try to save the mother and baby. But the reality is more than likely the baby has no chancs, not that dr didnt try.

Freak

Knight said:

Conversly . . . .

The mindset of . . . murdering one patient to save another hasn't furthered medical science in the least. :(
:up: Crow, please read!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Knight said:
Good point, in theory...

hen we attempt separate conjoined twins we never hear a doctor say . . . "Well we are going to murder Jessica so that we can save Julie."

And are we to assume this is from your many years of experience in hospitals, working with the difficult cases? :rolleyes:

Well I have worked in hospitals... and counseled physicians, surgeons, and nurses dealing with just such issues. Your naivetè is touching, Knight. Unfortunately for your point, the kinds of soulsearching that goes on prior to most surgeries is not really a the level you'd like to believe.

:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.