Enyart calls for pro-lifers to oppose John Roberts nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

elected4ever said:
If you are talking about valuing life then that is deferent.

At no time is the egg a part of a womans body. The woman does have a choice in that she may decide not to fertilize the egg. When that choice is taken from her by rape that does not change anything. Once the egg becomes fertile and ataches it self and begins to be nourished it is life and should be valued as any other human life would be if that person was born and conducting life's business. The life in the womb is not a parasite and should not be treated as such.

Taking human life is murder if that life is ended at the choice of another person and the woman is another person so abortion is murder. The only exceptions to that rule is the taking of life in self defense and the just execution of a criminal by the state. The state should be in the business of defending life and not sanctioning the willy nilly sanctioning of murder of the defenseless.
I disagree, the egg is created in a womans body. The sperm is also alive.
So if you spill your seed on the ground, thus preventing life, is that murder.
Where do you draw the line?
The big question is when is a human a person that can come under the protection from murder?
Who is to decide who is right? Let God devine life.

elected4ever

keypurr said:
I disagree, the egg is created in a womans body. The sperm is also alive.
So if you spill your seed on the ground, thus preventing life, is that murder.
Where do you draw the line?
The big question is when is a human a person that can come under the protection from murder?
Who is to decide who is right? Let God divine life.
God did divine life. Ne gave it to Adam and Eve and told them to be fruitful and multiply, giving man the authority to dispense life. We receive life through our parents and not directly from God. Man has the authority over human life.

The egg is matured in the woman's body and is then dispelled. It is when the dispelling of the egg takes place that it is venerable to fertilization. The unfertile egg is dispelled and the fertile egg will be attached. The egg is separate from the womans body and never becomes part of the womans body but grows separately. It is when this takes place that life is imparted: not before and not after. That is when a human is a person and should come under protection from murder.

It is when ether the egg remains unfertile or when the sperm does not fertilize the egg that they may be discarded and life does not exist.

keypurr

elected4ever said:
God did divine life. Ne gave it to Adam and Eve and told them to be fruitful and multiply, giving man the authority to dispense life. We receive life through our parents and not directly from God. Man has the authority over human life.
How long will life last without breath?

The egg is matured in the woman's body and is then dispelled. It is when the dispelling of the egg takes place that it is venerable to fertilization. The unfertile egg is dispelled and the fertile egg will be attached. The egg is separate from the womans body and never becomes part of the womans body but grows separately. It is when this takes place that life is imparted: not before and not after. That is when a human is a person and should come under protection from murder.
If it becomes part of the woman body, then unless you kill the mother it is not murder

It is when ether the egg remains unfertile or when the sperm does not fertilize the egg that they may be discarded and life does not exist.
But is is alive and not fertilizing it could be withholding a person.
Where do we draw the line?

Caledvwlch

docrob57 said:
I know you don't have to be Christian to be pro-life, and from what I can gather, you are pro-life and I respect that. I must disagree that fighting the nomination is damaging. The worst thing we can do is continue to just "go along" with the Republicans. If we do, they will continue to have no incentive to change.
Nice! I finally see something I care to chime in about!

I agree that the worst thing anyone can do is just go along with the republicans. Or the democrats. As Lewis Black says:

The Republican stands up and says, "I've got a really BAD IDEA!"
And the Democrat stands up and says, "And I can make it crappier!"

Everyone is a libertarian, they just don't know it yet.

elected4ever

keypurr said:
How long will life last without breath?
Stop breathing and let me know

If it becomes part of the woman body, then unless you kill the mother it is not murder.
It never becomes part of the woman's body

But is is alive and not fertilizing it could be withholding a person.
Where do we draw the line?
An egg does not fertilize itself, stupid.

keypurr

elected4ever said:
Stop breathing and let me know

It never becomes part of the woman's body

An egg does not fertilize itself, stupid.

It went right over your head my friend. Life is more than an egg even though an egg is alive. Is it not alive before it is fertilized? Do you really want me to stop breathing? If I did would I still be a life? How can an egg not be part of a woman body if it is her body that is feeding it. I'm not the one that is stupid.

Army of One

keypurr said:
It went right over your head my friend. Life is more than an egg even though an egg is alive. Is it not alive before it is fertilized? Do you really want me to stop breathing? If I did would I still be a life? How can an egg not be part of a woman body if it is her body that is feeding it. I'm not the one that is stupid.
So a baby that is breast-fed is part of a woman's body then?

keypurr

Army of One said:
So a baby that is breast-fed is part of a woman's body then?
That is not what I implied. Is not a baby being fed when in the mother's womb?
A baby that is being breast fed is breathing, so it is a seperate life.

keypurr

elected4ever said:
Just because something takes sustenance from the body does not make it part of the body
If it's existance depends on it, it is. It's part of the body till it is born.

drbrumley

keypurr said:
If it's existance depends on it, it is. It's part of the body till it is born.
A body part is defined by the common genetic code it shares with the rest of it’s body; the unborn’s genetic code differs entirely from the mother’s. Being "inside something" is not the same as being part of something. A car is not part of a garage because it is parked there. Human beings should not be discriminated against because of their "place of residence."

keypurr

drbrumley said:
A body part is defined by the common genetic code it shares with the rest of it’s body; the unborn’s genetic code differs entirely from the mother’s. Being "inside something" is not the same as being part of something. A car is not part of a garage because it is parked there. Human beings should not be discriminated against because of their "place of residence."
I understand what your saying, but even if it did have a different genetic code, it will not survive without the mother feeding it. Because of it's dependency on Mom, it is really not a seperate life YET.
How you can compare it to a car in the garage I can't figure out. :doh:

elected4ever

keypurr said:
If it's existence depends on it, it is. It's part of the body till it is born.
If a person picks up an internal parasite and is fed by the host individual, is the parasite then part of the individuals body? The parasite surely is dependent on its host for sustenance.

Army of One

keypurr said:
I understand what your saying, but even if it did have a different genetic code, it will not survive without the mother feeding it. Because of it's dependency on Mom, it is really not a seperate life YET.
My point was, even a newborn cannot survive without the mother feeding it. That doesn't mean that it is not a separate life.

elected4ever

Army of One said:
My point was, even a newborn cannot survive without the mother feeding it. That doesn't mean that it is not a separate life.
nether can the parasite survive without the host so the life that was created in the mothers womb is something like a parasite and can be removed on the choice of the host according to keypourr.

drbrumley

keypurr said:
It was a crude example.

Viability (the point when an unborn baby could survive outside of the womb) is an arbitrary concept. Why isn’t personhood associated with heartbeat (begins just 21 days after conception), or brainwaves (43 days after conception), or something else? The actual point of viability constantly changes because it depends on technology, not on the unborn baby.

Based on the same viability logic, many "born" people are not viable because they cannot survive on their own without the aid of others. Should we abort them too?

Crow

drbrumley said:
It was a crude example.

Viability (the point when an unborn baby could survive outside of the womb) is an arbitrary concept. Why isn’t personhood associated with heartbeat (begins just 21 days after conception), or brainwaves (43 days after conception), or something else? The actual point of viability constantly changes because it depends on technology, not on the unborn baby.

Based on the same viability logic, many "born" people are not viable because they cannot survive on their own without the aid of others. Should we abort them too?

Viability is a measure of our abilities and limitations. A child could theoretically be incubated outside of a human body if we had the technology to supply it's needs.

The age at which we are currently able to keep a baby alive outside of the womb is younger than it was fifty years ago or even ten years ago. The baby who is born weighing two pounds today and grows to adulthood is not more human than the three pound babies who died in the past because we didn't know how to keep them alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.