Equal with God = God....no question

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Honestly some of these truths are so extremely simple to understand. There is no need to traverse land and sea to seek out a quirky linguist to teach you that the bible does not say what it so clearly does.

A child can understand it.

Jesus Christ is equal with God, yet humbles Himself to the Father. It just is not possible to be equal with God and not BE God.

keypurr

Honestly some of these truths are so extremely simple to understand. There is no need to traverse land and sea to seek out a quirky linguist to teach you that the bible does not say what it so clearly does.

A child can understand it.

Jesus Christ is equal with God, yet humbles Himself to the Father. It just is not possible to be equal with God and not BE God.

Joh_10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Equal?????? I don't believe it.

genuineoriginal

Are He and the Father one?

Can you explain the manner in which Jesus and the Father are one?

John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Joh_10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Equal?????? I don't believe it.

Then deny scripture...it says He humbled Himself...submitted Himself to the Father....but now He has the glory He had with the Father before the world began.

These are simple truths

Reactions: Lon

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I did not ask whether the wife was a human.
Want to try again?

How can a wife be equal with a husband and not be a husband?

I know what you asked, you asked an invalid question for the relationship between the Father and the Son are not comparable to the relationship between man and woman.

But if you want to stretch logic and persist to ask I still reply that she is the same class of being...I remind you that in the church and in heaven is neither male or female.

genuineoriginal

I know what you asked, you asked an invalid question for the relationship between the Father and the Son are not comparable to the relationship between man and woman.
The relationship between a husband and a wife is more equal than a relationship between a father and a son, isn't it?

But if you want to stretch logic and persist to ask I still reply that she is the same class of being...I remind you that in the church and in heaven is neither male or female.
According to your logic a wife is a husband because they are the same class of being.

Are you sure you don't know the difference between a wife and a husband?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The relationship between a husband and a wife is more equal than a relationship between a father and a son, isn't it?

According to your logic a wife is a husband because they are the same class of being.

Are you sure you don't know the difference between a wife and a husband?

It is invalid for husband and wife are the same class of being...in fact you are supporting MY argument, husband and wife are roles for which each are equipped, nor I might add could the class of being continue to exist if it were not so.

The class of being is Humankind.

You can't [with any integrity] argue that Jesus Christ is equal with God and yet not God...in fact the scripture specifically says He was in the form of God.

It speaks about His being in the form of God as opposed to His subsequently taking on Himself the form of a servant.

You are on to a dud'n here Gen.

genuineoriginal

It is invalid for husband and wife are the same class of being...in fact you are supporting MY argument, husband and wife are roles for which each are equipped, nor I might add could the class of being continue to exist if it were not so.

The class of being is Humankind.
Here is what you are arguing:
A wife is the wife's own husband because both are human.
A son is the son's own father because they are both the same class of being.

Your argument fails completely.

nikolai_42

Can you explain the manner in which Jesus and the Father are one?

John 17:11
11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

If you are one with Christ, does that make you worthy of worship?

Certainly you believe Jesus is worthy of worship...don't you?

genuineoriginal

You can't [with any integrity] argue that Jesus Christ is equal with God and yet not God
The Bible shows an example in the story of Joseph where Joseph is made equal with Pharaoh.
To the people of Egypt and the surrounding lands, Joseph making a proclamation or legal decision was the exact same thing as the Pharaoh making the same proclamation or legal decision.

To you, it may mean that you think Joseph is Pharaoh (even though the title of Pharaoh is the only thing Pharaoh kept from Joseph).
To me, I understand that it does not matter whether Joseph is Pharaoh or not, because both of them speak as one.

...in fact the scripture specifically says He was in the form of God.

It speaks about His being in the form of God as opposed to His subsequently taking on Himself the form of a servant.
Yes, and the Greek word translated as 'form', μορφή morphē, specifically means outward appearance.
Of course Genesis uses similar words when it says man was made in the image of God.

According to logic and to the words used in the Bible, there is no basis to make a claim that Jesus, the Son of God, is YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

If Jesus is YHVH, then that is a mystery that was only revealed outside of the words written in the Bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to logic and to the words used in the Bible, there is no basis to make a claim that Jesus, the Son of God, is YHVH, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Could we make the claim that Christ, the God who was with God, yielded his immortality and position to become human?

RBBI

The Bible shows an example in the story of Joseph where Joseph is made equal with Pharaoh.
To the people of Egypt and the surrounding lands, Joseph making a proclamation or legal decision was the exact same thing as the Pharaoh making the same proclamation or legal decision.

To you, it may mean that you think Joseph is Pharaoh (even though the title of Pharaoh is the only thing Pharaoh kept from Joseph).
To me, I understand that it does not matter whether Joseph is Pharaoh or not, because both of them speak as one.

Yes, and the Greek word translated as 'form', μορφή morphē, specifically means outward appearance.
Of course Genesis uses similar words when it says man was made in the image of God.

If Jesus is YHVH, then that is a mystery that was only revealed outside of the words written in the Bible.

Exactly. They don't believe David's testimony, or Yeshua's reference to it. Yet THAT is so simple even a child could understand it. David said, I heard the Lord (God the Father), say to MY Lord (Yeshua)........I KNOW its true because like David, I heard the Father speak to the Son IN ME. They are NOT the same, He does not talk to Himself. Even Yeshua prayed and said He knew the Father always hears Him. Was He only hearing Himself? Peace

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Here is what you are arguing:
A wife is the wife's own husband because both are human.
A son is the son's own father because they are both the same class of being.

Your argument fails completely.

You are making an invalid comparison for Christ's equality with God is not an equality of roles. Even in the case of the wife and husband they were created equal their true relationship [in Christ] is equality, woman was only made subject to man because of sin.

Their equality is in their humanity...which is my arguent that Christ's equality with God is in their Deity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Once again you use an invalid proposition for Joseph was made equal with Pharoah by designation from Pharoah but of Christ it is written that He was equal with God but humbled Himself.

Jesus is Jahweh God, He is the God of the OT who spoke through the prophets Peter says the Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets.

We have Isaiah saying "As I live saith the Lord to Me every knee shall bow and every tongue confess Me"

Christ is the EXPRESS image of God...that as you say is He is God's outward form, He is the visibility of the invisible God.

RBBI

Jesus is Jahweh God, He is the God of the OT who spoke through the prophets Peter says the Spirit of Christ spoke through the prophets.

Once again; the Seed Son who said He spoke what was given Him to speak by His Father, HE was the one who spoke through the prophets. He is not YAHWEH, nor was it the man Yeshua who spoke to them.

I think it was the Romans who devised a torturous death by forcing a live person to have a dead person strapped to them until they both decayed. It's basically the same thing you're doing, trying to drag a man around thru the centuries, not seeing that the natural flesh of Him was the husk, not the Seed. Hereafter we'll not know HIM after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Peace