Eternally secure!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I used to live my life not knowing if I had eternal secure salvation. Now I know I do and it changed my life. No uncertainty, worry or fear.

Come on the Dirt Road, see what Y'all missin'
Damascus Dirt road - Follow Paul

Bociferous

Are you? If not, why not?

Like all humans, I'm eternally secure but temporally challenged.
God's decrees are based in either the ETERNAL or TEMPORAL aspect of reality. We study to show ourselves approved in part by discerning which are His Eternal decrees and which are Temporal.

For example some years ago a common atheist put-down of the Bible was making the rounds on theology boards. They argued that God was wishy washy, He sometimes changed His mind and other times didn't. They were ignorant (Rom 8:7) of the Temporal/Eternal distinction. In eternity God is sovereign as immutability is the nature of eternality (1Sam 15:29, Jer 4:28, etc.). When He participates with man in time, He abides by the mutable nature of the temporal (Jer 26:13, Exo 19:5, etc.) where things can change.

Similarly, my Arminian and Calvinist brethren argue ad infinitum about what is to my thinking a non-existent problem, e.g., whether eternal salvation is guaranteed or can be lost. It's necessary to first figure out whether we're hearing God's ETERNAL or TEMPORAL decree in the Bible.

One of these is an eternal decree, the other temporal:

Jn 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself."

Jn 8:24 "I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins."

The power of God shows in that He inspired His authors to to record their intuitions in ways that follow the temporal/eternal rule.

Think about it.

Samie

the bible says we must overcometh
Overcome what, Chrys?
KJV Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Jesus overcame the world, so what does that leave that needs to be overcome?
KJV John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

KJV 1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

KJV Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Samie

KJV Revelation 2:7 . . . To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

KJV Revelation 2:11 . . . He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

KJV Revelation 2:17 . . . To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

KJV Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

KJV Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

KJV Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

KJV Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

KJV Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

glorydaz

KJV Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

KJV John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

KJV 1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Yes, those are all verses from the Bible. :chew:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hid with Christ, in God, far above all heavens.
What can get to me?
:up: Absolutely nothing, brother!

Romans 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

heir

TOL Subscriber

KJV Revelation 2:7 . . . To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

KJV Revelation 2:11 . . . He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

KJV Revelation 2:17 . . . To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

KJV Revelation 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

KJV Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

KJV Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

KJV Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

None of which have anything to do with the church, the Body of Christ. Your only hope is His faith (Galatians 2:16 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV).

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: