ECT Even God cannot reverse a decree

Cross Reference

Reprobation is a decree for which the scriptures say cannot be reversed:

Therefore upon him shall the crushing weight of calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken, and that without remedy. Proverbs 6:15 (AMP)

HE WHO, being often reproved, hardens his neck shall suddenly be destroyed—and that without remedy. Proverbs 29:1 (AMP)

Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. Proverbs 6:15 (KJV)

He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. [Proverbs 29:1 (KJV)

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, [without remedy] to do those things which are not convenient;" Romans 1:28 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine]

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Therefore upon him shall the crushing weight of calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken, and that without remedy. Proverbs 6:15 (AMP)

HE WHO, being often reproved, hardens his neck shall suddenly be destroyed—and that without remedy. Proverbs 29:1 (AMP)

Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy. Proverbs 6:15 (KJV)

He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. [Proverbs 29:1 (KJV)

You are mistaken to think that "Reprobation" is a decree, especially in light of the verses you quoted that says the punishment for reprobation comes so suddenly that there is no remedy.

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, [without remedy] to do those things which are not convenient;" Romans 1:28 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine]
You added the words highlighted.

Here is the correct verse:

Romans 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;​

If you keep adding words to scripture to make it agree with your beliefs, you will wander away from the truth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

[Emphasis mine]

I get the point.

LA

Cross Reference

You are mistaken to think that "Reprobation" is a decree, especially in light of the verses you quoted that says the punishment for reprobation comes so suddenly that there is no remedy.
You are entitled to your opinion. I gave mine based upon what I believe is supportable.

You added the words highlighted.

I believe I noted that. Pay attention.

Here is the correct verse:

Romans 1:28
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;​

Yes. and?

If you keep adding words to scripture to make it agree with your beliefs, you will wander away from the truth.

You need to do a better job of reading the printed page.

genuineoriginal

You are entitled to your opinion. I gave mine based upon what I believe is supportable.
And I pointed out that your opinion is not supportable.

I believe I noted that. Pay attention.
There is a difference between adding emphasis (highlighting a portion of the original text) and adding words (distorting text).
You added words to the Bible that were never there and claimed that you only added emphasis.

Yes. and?
Now people can see what you did to the words of scripture.

You need to do a better job of reading the printed page.
You are the one that is adding to the words of scripture to support your belief.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are two resurrections, one for the bride of Christ and one for the rest of the dead.