Evolution in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

What would you say "survival of the fittest" means, in the context of Darwin's theory?
Often, it means sickness, disease, bloodshed and heartache. As Christians we look forward to.... "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Rev. 21:4

Stuu

Often, it means sickness, disease, bloodshed and heartache. As Christians we look forward to.... "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Rev. 21:4
And what do you think Herbert Spencer meant by the expression when he applied it to Darwin's theory?

Stuart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would you say "survival of the fittest" means, in the context of Darwin's theory?
Have you got an answer to the question?
Well, what I do assume is that you've just (intentionally?) assumed an argument for a poor designer. :idunno:
:darwinsm:

Correct me if either of our assumptions are wrong.
You issued the challenge. Tell us: Do you think this is an example of poor design, or are you just here to troll?

Stuu

You used a term; how about you explain what you mean. :thumb:
Not even 6days has been as shy.

Go on, humour us and make a mockery of yourself. That's your job as a YEC. Entertainment, in the manner of an old fashioned court jester.

Stuart

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess this means you have abandoned your OP claims completely now.

Darwinists are desperate to believe that nothing stands against their precious religion.

:mock: Stupid.

It was a simple question: Shouldn't Darwinists be celebrating this as "survival of the fittest"?

Stuu

It was a simple question: Shouldn't Darwinists be celebrating this as "survival of the fittest"?
The Holy Wikipedia page on "survival of the fittest" has a link to the page on the is-ought problem. I recommend reading both.

The is-ought problem essentially is your OP's accusation. You are suggesting that because a disease is a product of natural selection that therefore there would be a celebration of this disease as the way things ought to be. But no one who appreciates (or celebrates) the achievement of Darwin should celebrate the mechanism of natural selection as something we should wish for. As we see, evolution by antibiotic selection leads to drug-resistant bacteria. That's something we should not be wishing for or celebrating.

Stuart

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you suggesting it ought to be celebrated?Stuart

Simple comprehension beyond you?

Try OP again. :thumb:

Perhaps you just don't like the word "celebrated."

Fine. Replace it with "regarded."

Stuu

Simple comprehension beyond you?

Try OP again. :thumb:

Perhaps you just don't like the word "celebrated."

Fine. Replace it with "regarded."
"They call it a disorder, but shouldn't Darwinists be celebrating this as "survival of the fittest"?"

That was your OP. Why should people be celebrating?

Your alternative:
"They call it a disorder, but shouldn't Darwinists be regarding this as "survival of the fittest"?"

What do you think "survival of the fittest" means, in the Darwinian context?

That was my first question to you. How do you justify your OP as being valid, or even interesting?

Stuart

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"They call it a disorder, but shouldn't Darwinists be celebrating this as "survival of the fittest"?"

That was your OP. Why should people be celebrating?

Your alternative:
"They call it a disorder, but shouldn't Darwinists be regarding this as "survival of the fittest"?"

What do you think "survival of the fittest" means, in the Darwinian context?

That was my first question to you. How do you justify your OP as being valid, or even interesting?

Stuart

Evolutionists will do anything to avoid simple questions.

:mock: Stuu-pid.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.