• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolutionists: How did sex evolve?

Jose Fly

Evolutionists: How did sex evolve?

You posing this question in ToL raises a few questions that kind of center on the same theme....why are you asking, and why are you posing the question in a religious forum?

You're obviously someone who rejects out of hand that things evolve, so why in the world would someone who believes nothing evolves, ask how anything evolves?

And if you truly are interested in the state of the science on this issue, why post the question in a religious forum?

Finally, let's say that the evolutionary origins of sexual reproduction is currently a mystery. So if the answer to your question is "We don't know", what then? What do you take from that?

Right Divider

Body part
You posing this question in ToL raises a few questions that kind of center on the same theme....why are you asking, and why are you posing the question in a religious forum?
Why do you ask?

You're obviously someone who rejects out of hand that things evolve, so why in the world would someone who believes nothing evolves, ask how anything evolves?
I accept observes changes. I reject the ridiculous extrapolations based on fantasy.

And if you truly are interested in the state of the science on this issue, why post the question in a religious forum?
To make you cry.

Finally, let's say that the evolutionary origins of sexual reproduction is currently a mystery. So if the answer to your question is "We don't know", what then? What do you take from that?
Things that you don't know? I'm shocked!

Jose Fly

Why do you ask?
Because I'm interested in your answers.

I accept observes changes. I reject the ridiculous extrapolations based on fantasy.
That doesn't answer my question. You reject out of hand even the possibility that sexual reproduction arose via evolutionary processes, correct? Given that, why are you asking how sexual reproduction evolved?

To make you cry.
Evasive non-answer noted.

Things that you don't know? I'm shocked!
Again, if we don't currently know how sexual reproduction evolved.....what does that mean to you?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Because he wants to state he just doesn't believe the science. He believes his Holy Book.If he had any real interest I'm sure he could find a local college or university and stop by the biology dept.

But that would mean he would have to discuss and raise questions with PhD scientists. Very scary for RD

Right Divider

Body part
Because I'm interested in your answers.
A recent post on a similar subject was posted here, so I did too.

That doesn't answer my question. You reject out of hand even the possibility that sexual reproduction arose via evolutionary processes, correct? Given that, why are you asking how sexual reproduction evolved?
No, I do not "reject it out of hand". I reject it because it is quite contrary to the evidence that we do have.

Evasive non-answer noted.
Lack of a sense of humor noted.

Again, if we don't currently know how sexual reproduction evolved.....what does that mean to you?
It means that your theory has some serious missing pieces that need an explanation.

Jose Fly

A recent post on a simple subject was posted here, so I did too.
So it's "Clete did one and I've copied that".

No, I do not "reject it out of hand". I reject it because it is quite contrary to the evidence that we do have.
How exactly did you come to be familiar with the scientific evidence regarding evolutionary biology?

It means that your theory has some serious missing pieces that need an explanation.
Given the millions upon millions of species that have existed on earth, and the innumerable traits they've had, it's hardly surprising that we haven't figured out the origins of every single trait that's ever existed. That's why we have science....to figure those things out.

So again, I'm not clear on your intent here. So far it seems to be little more than you parroting another thread and cherry-picking a gap in our knowledge so you can then......well, I'm still not sure what your plan is.

Right Divider

Body part
So it's "Clete did one and I've copied that".
Same forum. Why the heartburn? Just looking to complain?

How exactly did you come to be familiar with the scientific evidence regarding evolutionary biology?
Who cares?

Given the millions upon millions of species that have existed on earth, and the innumerable traits they've had, it's hardly surprising that we haven't figured out the origins of every single trait that's ever existed. That's why we have science....to figure those things out.
Sure.... attempted distraction from the point.

So again, I'm not clear on your intent here. So far it seems to be little more than you parroting another thread and cherry-picking a gap in our knowledge so you can then......well, I'm still not sure what your plan is.
I guess that you've never seen atheistic evolutionists go to great lengths to make an explanation for something that is clearly a detailed design. Now you'll probably say something like "it's only apparent design" or some such nonsense.

Jose Fly

Same forum. Why the heartburn? Just looking to complain?
Who said anything about "heartburn"? I'm just asking about your intent with this thread. It's quite obvious that, like [MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION], you aren't asking your question in good faith. That says a lot about you.

Who cares?
IOW, you know almost nothing about evolutionary biology, but you're too full of pride to admit it.

Sure.... attempted distraction from the point.
Um....that's the entire point. Given the innumerable amount of biological traits that have ever existed, it's hardly surprising that we don't know exactly how every single one of them evolved. That's why we still have science.

I guess that you've never seen atheistic evolutionists go to great lengths to make an explanation for something that is clearly a detailed design. Now you'll probably say something like "it's only apparent design" or some such nonsense.
What methodology did you employ to determine that something was "clearly" designed?

Right Divider

Body part
Who said anything about "heartburn"? I'm just asking about your intent with this thread. It's quite obvious that, like @Clete, you aren't asking your question in good faith. That says a lot about you.
Nonsense.

IOW, "I know almost nothing about evolutionary biology, but I'm too full of pride to admit it".
Wrong per your usual.

Um....that's the entire point. Given the innumerable amount of biological traits that have ever existed, it's hardly surprising that we don't know exactly how every single one of them evolved. That's why we still have science.
So there is the "fact" of evolution but we know hardly anything about it? Ok.

What methodology did you employ to determine that something "clearly" designed?
Apparently you know as little about anatomy or fertilization as about the "facts" of evolution. Sexual reproduction is immensely complex compared to asexual reproduction (which itself is quite complex). But I know that you don't let any of that get in the way of a good story.

Jose Fly

Nonsense.
Hardly. It's patently obvious that you aren't asking your question out of a genuine effort to understand the science.

Wrong per your usual.
Then explain how you came to know and understand the science of evolutionary biology. The more you dodge the question, the more obvious it becomes that you know almost nothing about it, but are too scared to admit it.

So there is the "fact" of evolution but we know hardly anything about it? Ok.
I didn't say that at all. Do you honestly think that we should know the exact evolutionary history of every trait that's ever existed?

Sexual reproduction is immensely complex compared to asexual reproduction (which itself is quite complex).
So it's nothing more than "it's complex, therefore it was designed"?

Right Divider

Body part
Hardly. It's patently obvious that you aren't asking your question out of a genuine effort to understand the science.
Please explain the science behind your ability to read minds.

Then explain how you came to know and understand the science of evolutionary biology. The more you dodge the question, the more obvious it becomes that you know almost nothing about it, but are too scared to admit it.
I know enough and do not need to prove myself to you.

I didn't say that at all. Do you honestly think that we should know the exact evolutionary history of every trait that's ever existed?
Evolutionist make all kinds of wild claims about knowledge they do not have. Why should this be any different?

So it's nothing more than "it's complex, therefore it was designed"?
No, but since you reject any evidence of design... we can see where this will lead.