Faith to believe on Christ !

beloved57

All men aren't given the ability to believe on Christ, for God hides truth about Christ from them. Jesus indicates this a couple of times, when giving thanks to the Father saying Matt 11:25,26

[FONT=&]25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

This is according solely to Gods own good pleasure !

And again its indicated in Jesus own words Matt 13:10-11
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

To them that are lost, the Gospel is hid 2 Cor 4:3

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

These will not be given Faith to believe in Christ through the Gospel, because they're lost !
[/FONT]

Amen, the Truth about Christ is hidden from men as they are born in time.

For God's Elect, Christ's Sheep, reconciled to God while enemies by Rom. 5:9-10, and given Grace before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9, it's only temporary while being in an experimentally lost state until they are born again and given the fruit of Faith Gal. 5:22 by the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit 1 Pet. 1:2; 2 Thes. 2:13; 2 Cor. 4:6.

However, the non-elect, the goats predestinated to hell Prov. 16:4; Mat. 25:41 are permanently lost and shall remain in unbelief all their lives, because when they hear the Word of Truth about Christ, their father the devil Mat. 13:38 takes it away Luke 8:12, "lest they should believe and be saved".

Job 23:13-14

23 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

24 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Is. 46:10

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: