Familiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

theophilus

My employer JUST put up the "no concealed weapons" sign on our outer doors.

So my question is, if it's concealed, how are you going to know?

:chuckle:

What a world.

:)

theophilus

Concealment is your job.

I avoid post offices though.

I have friends who work for the post office.

If the post office doesn't have those big "detector-looking-thingys" like you see in the doors at the mall shops, they'll never know you're carrying.

Like someone in the post office isn't going to "go postal?"

Just another irony.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have friends who work for the post office.

If the post office doesn't have those big "detector-looking-thingys" like you see in the doors at the mall shops, they'll never know you're carrying.

Like someone in the post office isn't going to "go postal?"

Just another irony.
I hear you, but I'm personally not willing to risk it. It's a felony. Plus, someone's always coming out with more and more intrusive ways of invading our privacy. I've seen a demonstration of a scanner that can see a gun through clothing. I haven't seen it used anywhere, but the tech exists, and I surely don't want to be a victim of any nasty surprises.

:)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
We're the world's leader and laboratory. We all know there's a Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms (RKBA). We're developing the best way to administrate the RKBA, which we necessarily though tacitly and perhaps subconsciously believe, is something that comes with the DNA, or from the Maker, or from both.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
A brief conversation in the comments:
Moorbo said:
fugeesnfunions said:
WhoamIhmmm said:
Tesio said:
That’s the point of the exploit…it’s predicated on the mindset “no, way… that’s TOO easy!”. It’s a false sense of security based solely on making people too scared to try it rather than an actual fail safe security measure. The threat is black, the background is black. Keep threat in background and not in front of body and you’re through.

It’s staggering no one saw this glaring flaw.
Posted on Mar 8, 2012 | 11:27 AM
Someone did see the garing flaw.

“I don’t know why everybody is running to buy these expensive and useless machines. I can overcome the body scanners with enough explosives to bring down a Boeing 747. That’s why we haven’t put them in our airport.”—Rafi Sela, leading Israeli airport security expert, referring to Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion International Airport, which has some of the toughest security in the world
Posted on Mar 8, 2012 | 12:34 PM
I’ve flown in, and out, of Ben Gurion. We flew from SLC to ATL, and out of ATL to Tel Aviv. After arriving at ATL, and going through all the standard security, we had to go through another security station that was set up right before our gate, manned by Ben Gurion’s own security staff. They were easily the most strict security screeners I’ve ever seen. I brought some food that I had just purchased while walking through the airport, and they actually opened my container and checked in and under the food inside it. The day we flew into Tel Aviv, there had been a suicide bombing in the city, so they were understandably cautious.
Posted on Mar 8, 2012 | 1:07 PM
Actually I think he was referring to either implanted explosives, which wouldn’t show up on any external scan, or explosives just molded to look like your body. The scanners apparently don’t see much difference between a potbelly and a bunch of explosives molded to look like one.
Posted on Mar 8, 2012 | 4:38 PM
As a private peaceable and law abiding citizen, if I want to exercise my inherent human civil right to bear arms, I can't generally tote around a gun in full or partial view of everybody.

Nationwide CCW reciprocity means that, if in your home state, you are authorized to CCW, then you're authorized to CCW in all the states, just like wrt drivers licenses, you are authorized to drive a car in all states.

Status
Not open for further replies.