Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hopefully the *security* will be better prepared for the raging mob of red-hatters come inauguration date.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh, this is your thread? Well, this isn't your theology board. So yes, I will remove you from your own thread, or I'll simply lock the thread. But since I don't like locking discussions unless I have to, I'd rather not do the latter.

Saying:

. . . is bashing Trump for no reason, and is attacking his character, rather than his position and choices.

Knock it off.

"For no reason?" You see "no reason" to attack his character? His character brought us to where we are.

I'm curious. Will it be all right to attack his character after 1/20 when he's no longer president? Is this hands-off because he's the president, or because he's Trump?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hopefully the *security* will be better prepared for the raging mob of red-hatters come inauguration date.

Yeah, no kidding.

They knew this was in the works for weeks if not months, it was openly discussed on social media, it's almost like the Capitol was intentionally left unprotected. I feel badly for the Capitol police who had to bear the brunt of it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"For no reason?" You see "no reason" to attack his character?

Ad hominems ("to the man" arguments) are fallacies for a reason, Anna.

His character brought us to where we are.

Because you say so?

I'm curious. Will it be all right to attack his character after 1/20 when he's no longer president? Is this hands-off because he's the president, or because he's Trump?

Supra.

A reminder:

Thread 'Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.' https://theologyonline.com/threads/moratorium-on-one-trick-pony-threads-and-posts.44422/

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, no kidding.

They knew this was in the works for weeks if not months, it was openly discussed on social media, it's almost like the Capitol was intentionally left unprotected. I feel badly for the Capitol police who had to bear the brunt of it.
I agree with most of what you are saying. However, IMV based on previous incidents, the police, GOP, red-hatters were all complicit in the destruction and deaths.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ad hominems ("to the man" arguments) are fallacies for a reason, Anna.

I'm not attacking you, JR, or any other person in this thread, so I don't see how you can fall back on that. (On a side note, I've been the recipient of countless ad homs here and I usually ignore them for what they are.)

But to call out the dangerous character of a national leader - I see that as my civic duty.
Because you say so?

Come on, JR, isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? Saying what we think, what we believe? Isn't that the idea behind "dialogue?"

In conversations with @Jefferson, he's made it clear that he stands clearly on the side of free speech, even if it's offensive. I'm not trolling someone else's thread, I'm bringing my concerns about the state of this country to a thread where I can put some links out there for people to read and perhaps find something there they weren't aware of.

A reminder:

Thread 'Moratorium on one trick pony threads and posts.' https://theologyonline.com/threads/moratorium-on-one-trick-pony-threads-and-posts.44422/

Yeah, well this is the only thread I've made since I've been back. It's not like I'm starting multiple threads all over the place.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I agree with most of what you are saying. However, IMV based on previous incidents, the police, GOP, red-hatters were all complicit in the destruction and deaths.

There was an interview with one of the beleaguered Capitol police that there were cops from other agencies/states that flashed their credentials at him as they went by. I believe him. There are also videos of Capitol police waving people in and I don't know the full context on those. But there were others who tried hard to protect the Capitol and the people inside, and were beaten and killed in the line of duty.

I also think it's going to come out eventually how there was inside help, from GOP elected officials, the Pentagon, and law enforcement.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm not attacking you, JR, or any other person in this thread,

Don't lose focus. I said you were attacking Trump's character.

so I don't see how you can fall back on that. (On a side note, I've been the recipient of countless ad homs here and I usually ignore them for what they are.)

But to call out the dangerous character of a national leader - I see that as my civic duty.

Come on, JR, isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? Saying what we think, what we believe? Isn't that the idea behind "dialogue?"

So... bring the evidence. Don't just make bald assertions.

Yeah, well this is the only thread I've made since I've been back. It's not like I'm starting multiple threads all over the place.

It applies to single threads as well, Anna.

Back to the thread topic, now.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't lose focus. I said you were attacking Trump's character.
I'm not having a debate with Trump.

Ad hominem:
Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

So... bring the evidence. Don't just make bald assertions.

Okay, I'll keep bringing links to the thread as new information comes out.

As it stands, It's a fact that Trump was attacking Pence while Pence himself was in bodily danger.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Imagine that. Pence is finally perturbed about the intentional violence inciting rhetoric.. because this time his life was endangered.

The personal is political, after all. :/

I've thought for a long time that post-Trump will bring a huge split in the Republican party between the GOP who barely tolerated Trump (but tolerated they did, to their everlasting shame) and the MAGA who barely tolerated the GOP. The GOP establishment are outraged at the moment, someone of them in a CYA kind of way (shocked and chagrined, they hardly knew him!) but the MAGA? I think they're Frankenstein's creature now, out of control.

Hilltrot

Imagine that. Pence is finally perturbed about the intentional violence inciting rhetoric.. because this time his life was endangered.
Nope. The other way around.

Oh, wait. You'll only believe it if leftists report it.

Gary K

Banned
Nope. The other way around.

Oh, wait. You'll only believe it if leftists report it.

I see nobody here has the real information. There are so many lies floating around from both Republicans and Democrats that the truth is the first thing to disappear.

Here's a partial transcript from Trump's speech:
Donald Trump: (08:09)
I hope so. I hope so because if Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. All he has to do. This is from the number one or certainly one of the top constitutional lawyers in our country. He has the absolute right to do it. We're supposed to protect our country, support our country, support our constitution, and protect our constitution. States want to revote. The States got defrauded. They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice-President Pence has to do is send it back to the States to recertify, and we become president, and you are the happiest people.

Pence was given letters from all the states that wanted to recertify their delegates because of all the fraud. Pence wouldn't even send the process back to the states, which was the Constitutional thing to do, because state legislators are the ones to certify electors.

If you want to listen to that transcript follow the link below and click on the time in blue that says 08:09 just like it is in the transcript of the speech I posted here.