For Noncatholics: Coming to Mass

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the Church, there are no "other people". We are all priests.
Right.

Romans 15
(15) But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God
(16) to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

But one does not have to attend a Catholic Mass to do the priestly service of the gospel of God.

Right Divider

Body part
Right.

Romans 15
(15) But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God
(16) to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

But one does not have to attend a Catholic Mass to do the priestly service of the gospel of God.
That's just a bad translation.

Rom 15:16 (AKJV/PCE)​
(15:16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.​
Paul says that we are ambassadors.

2Cor 5:20 (AKJV/PCE)​
(5:20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Right.

Romans 15

That's just a bad translation.

Rom 15:16 (AKJV/PCE)​
(15:16) That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.​
Paul says that we are ambassadors.

2Cor 5:20 (AKJV/PCE)​
(5:20) Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

And the NKJV:

Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God, that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I took my Mexican born sister in law to Mass on Sunday and then again on Monday. Part of the family was here. It is interesting how there is some upheaval and some lack of conformity with the service. The basics are the same.