Free Will? Really?

M

Man.0

Take a look at the following quote, that argues against free will:

'The thoughts of those snared by the false gospel have been “corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ,” if indeed they ever once had uncorruption. Their thoughts are contradictory, confused and unreasonable. They may say they “accepted Christ” 10, 20, 30, or more years ago, yet they are little or no wiser than before they were allegedly converted to Christ. For example, they still believe they have a free will, and, more importantly, think to have had one at the time they “accepted” Jesus Christ by their own power and choice. So I ask them, “How is it you had a free will if you were, as the Bible plainly puts it, a slave to sin? Does a slave have a free will?”

They reply, “Well, that is the corrupt flesh part of us.

So I ask, “What other part was there at the time of your decision?” If they had not yet received Christ, how could they be anything but corrupt flesh? And, if carnal, what would they choose? I point them to Paul’s words to the Romans, wherein God plainly states what they would choose:

“As it is written: ‘There is none righteous, no not one; there is none that understands, there is none that seeks after God.’ They are all gone out of the way, they have together become unprofitable, there is none that does good, no, not one” (Romans 3:10-12 MKJV).

As Jesus said to His disciples:

You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and ordained you that you should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain; that whatever you shall ask of the Father in My Name, He may give it to you” (John 15:16 MKJV).

He also said:

“No one can come to Me unless the Father Who has sent Me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day” (John 6:44 MKJV).

According to God, then, there is no part of us that “accepts” Him, but He begins the work that He will complete:

“He Who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6 MKJV).'

Source: http://www.thepathoftruth.com/falsehood-exposed/mystery-message.htm