freelight's cosmic cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
"Dont be a spiritual person, just be free "

"Dont be a spiritual person, just be free "

:thumb:

You might know as well, that my 'concept-theme' here is also somewhat 'tongue in cheek', an analogy that can apply on various levels expanding consciousness to those levels more 'cosmic' and 'universal'. Consciousness is everything, and nothing can exist as far as we are aware, outside of it :)

When we refer to 'God' as 'light',....there u go. All energy, mind, matter and spirit derives from the Great First Source and Center of all reality, The Universal Father :) - some schools as refer to this parental Deity as our 'Father-Mother-God'.

Jesus further encourages us to be 'sons of light'.

In the all-pervading 'light' of The Infinite,...there is only The Infinite, for the Infinite Alone outshines all, before and beyond all space, time and dimension. The Universal ONE. Such is the infinity of Awareness.

Hi Zeke,

Namaste :)

Mooji is a good pointer to that vast space of freedom which is our true Self, which is the essence of awareness itself, without an ego-identification. This corresponds to the fundamental truth of God-communion and God-realization which is the shedding of the false ego-identified 'self', so that only the true being of one's original nature shines forth, as it IS. I like the saying -

"All of self, none of God,
Some of self, some of God,
none of self, all of God"

Or something to that affect, to which John the Baptist also said, "he must increase while I must decrease", but this is still the same principle of surrending all that is false or temporal, for that which alone is true and everlasting. We might also add that the 'ego' itself is not necessarily 'evil', but is a natural component of the personality that consciousness adopts and experiences itself THRU. Our ego-self and personality is obviously a part of what we identify with and operate thru our daily life routine, within society and every-day human relations, as far as personal identity and personality associations are concerned. These operate naturally in their own sphere, while that greater God-consciousness and pure transcendental awareness is ever at the heart and circumference of all that exists.

When we look upon the saying 'tat tvam asi' ("I Am that")....we acknowledge that pure awareness or space of being that is our true self without any imposition or infraction of ego-identity. "I am that pure awareness".

Zeke

Hi Zeke,

Namaste :)

Mooji is a good pointer to that vast space of freedom which is our true Self, which is the essence of awareness itself, without an ego-identification. This corresponds to the fundamental truth of God-communion and God-realization which is the shedding of the false ego-identified 'self', so that only the true being of one's original nature shines forth, as it IS. I like the saying -

"All of self, none of God,
Some of self, some of God,
none of self, all of God"

Or something to that affect, to which John the Baptist also said, "he must increase while I must decrease", but this is still the same principle of surrending all that is false or temporal, for that which alone is true and everlasting. We might also add that the 'ego' itself is not necessarily 'evil', but is a natural component of the personality that consciousness adopts and experiences itself THRU. Our ego-self and personality is obviously a part of what we identify with and operate thru our daily life routine, within society and every-day human relations, as far as personal identity and personality associations are concerned. These operate naturally in their own sphere, while that greater God-consciousness and pure transcendental awareness is ever at the heart and circumference of all that exists.

When we look upon the saying 'tat tvam asi' ("I Am that")....we acknowledge that pure awareness or space of being that is our true self without any imposition or infraction of ego-identity. "I am that pure awareness".

All things are food for our consumption, only when we grasp that we produce the food will we tread more lightly in the planting of what we must eat from that field.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Tend your garden................

Tend your garden................

All things are food for our consumption, only when we grasp that we produce the food will we tread more lightly in the planting of what we must eat from that field.

Divine providence is wonderful :)

We are given the intelligence, freedom of choice and ability to tend our own garden and yield those potentials and powers within our consciousness to 'be' and 'be-come'. In the realm of duality, the potentials for both 'good' and 'evil' exist in the play of relativity. From this point the tree of life and tree of knowledge have their archetypal meanings in the garden of human experience.

~*~*~

Recent sharings:

The issue of 'Interpretation'

Also: food for thought here on where to place the comma in Luke 23:43 - "Verily I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise"....or "Verily I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise" - fun fun fun :) - I kinda like the latter placement, where Jesus is more like declaring to the person that day, that they shall be together in paradise at some future time, rather than Jesus being in paradise with the theif on the cross that very DAY. While some preconceived theological notions or beliefs may influences one's choice on where to the put the 'comma',....the most reasonable 'interpretation' of the sentence itself, still holds :thumb: - the JW's favor this rendering in the resources linked.

May you enjoy the Garden of Eden on earth, and the Paradise to come in spirit.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Not Two (Advaita)........only one universal all-inclusive Awareness........

Not Two (Advaita)........only one universal all-inclusive Awareness........

None taken Corp-orataion/person/deadman walking.

Some perhaps are taken captive by the mass media and religious programming routines woven into the societal matrix. A true liberation from such a matrix includes a smashing of the programming codes of conditioned beliefs, and a pure awakening to one's true nature, whose essence is pure awareness without objectification or idolatry. - hence the great teachers such as Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj in the Advaita Vedanta tradition and teachers of 'non-duality' such as Mooji point us to what is always already free, unborn, undying, timeless and truly infinite, as the essence of our own true 'Self', while all else is but an interpretive overlay of mind with all its false associations, assumptions, perceptions and speculations.

For those familiar with my past commentary, my thread 'Non-Duality' covered the Advaita view, with ancient and modern teachers. An excellent resource page on 'non-duality' is here, for those not familiar with it, as I may begin a new thread on the subject.

What is non-duality? :)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The diamond in your pocket......

The diamond in your pocket......

~*~*~

Did Jesus claim to be 'God' ?

In the post above I challenge various beliefs about Jesus being YHWH, or being 'God' in general or by some specific definition. We explore John 8:58 as well, as we've had a few threads on this in the past. From a Unitarian view, Jesus did not claim to be 'God', but was pointing to himself as the one to whom Abraham was looking, he being the promised Messiah, the one who existed in the mind and plan of God before time began. A deeper study and analysis of John 8:58 will unfold more of the particular points in question for one to draw their own conclusions on the critical text elements involved for the best 'translation'.

On a more liberal note,...even if Jesus did not claim to be the YHWH or 'ehyeh' of Ex. 3:14, he did as the Son of God/Son of Man have the spirit of God, as even we who receive the new birth of the Spirit have the spirit of God, and it is that spirit that can be called 'The I AM Presence' :) - it is that divine spirit that is immortal having all divine qualities and potential merging with the soul to make it immortal, if the soul so chooses to fulfill its divine calling and destiny. In any case, there are many ways to look at a subject, many angles and facets to the whole diamond to explore and discover.

In the diamond light........

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Shekinah........

Shekinah........

Thanks for sharing......Bill Donahue provides help for those seeking the hidden meanings of religious and scriptural literature.

God is Light.

God is Spirit.

God is truth

~*~*~

Most important as well is that you are the temple of God.​

Prizebeatz1

So what is the impetus for one being willing to let go of their own beliefs and ways of thinking and give up or at least partially suspend their instinct for mental survival and therefore the attachment to mind and its association with life as one knows it in order to clearly experience reality without the confines and structures of the personality in this Cosmic Cafe?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Rebirth....the natural cosmic cycle...........

Rebirth....the natural cosmic cycle...........

Which religions believe in reincarnation? Do you believe in it?

We touched on this from a previous question here, concerning the past life memories of children, and "rebirth" in general.

Most all the major world religions believe in some form of reincarnation or rebirth (a form or 'resurrection'), most expressly the eastern religious traditions, but some esoteric branches within Judaism, Islam and Christianity have accepted some form of rebirth.

I had my own Reincarnation thread some years ago, and also contributed to another, but these are no longer extant. To indulge the concept, do your own soul research into the probability and possibility of reincarnation. We would also add that both 'reincarnation' and 'resurrection' are similar depending on how we define or contextualize the terms. In 'resurrection' souls rise again,...the do so in 'reincarnation' as well, notwithstanding some changes in description.

I mostly research and explore the concept of rebirth philosophically, and am a bit liberal in my approach on it, while with some schools its accepted as a veritable truth, that all souls reincarnation or continue along a cycle of multiple incarnations until they are purified or perfected thru the trials of human experience. Each tradition may have a different spin or nuance on the 'process' and metaphysics involved, so enjoy researching yourself if interested :)

Reincarnation

What is your particular interest in inquiring on the subject?

Reincarnation of the Afterlife

Remember,....ask, seek and knock.....search out (re-search) all things,...and keep researching :thumb:

View attachment 24548

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Supreme Reality

The Supreme Reality

So what is the impetus for one being willing to let go of their own beliefs and ways of thinking and give up or at least partially suspend their instinct for mental survival and therefore the attachment to mind and its association with life as one knows it in order to clearly experience reality without the confines and structures of the personality in this Cosmic Cafe?

A wonderful and most essential QUEST-ion :)

The soul must 'quest' or 're-search' in order to discover that which was ever-present but covered by the accumulations of the mind (ego). When those attachments, encrustments, assumptions, constructs, concepts are released or surrendered....then there is only REALITY itself present, which has always been being itself all along. It alone shines as its own luminous Self, if you want to use those terms,...there is just pure Awareness, pure Being.

So, the impetus is liberation from all bondage, the letting go of everything that does not serve the soul's true interest, which alone reveals that of eternal value.

View attachment 24549

Mark M

An open mind always has access to the cosmos and its café of desserts ;)
Thanks
A wonderful and most essential QUEST-ion :)

The soul must 'quest' or 're-search' in order to discover that which was ever-present but covered by the accumulations of the mind (ego). When those attachments, encrustments, assumptions, constructs, concepts are released or surrendered....then there is only REALITY itself present, which has always been being itself all along. It alone shines as its own luminous Self, if you want to use those terms,...there is just pure Awareness, pure Being.

So, the impetus is liberation from all bondage, the letting go of everything that does not serve the soul's true interest, which alone reveals that of eternal value.

View attachment 24549

Sent from my Coolpad 3320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.