Freewill from scripture

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Psalm 119:108
Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, And teach me Your judgments.

The word freewill is from the hebrew "ndabah" and this means - literally free will, freely offered, spontaneous offering.

Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins

The word "wilfully" there is the translation of the Greek word "hekousiōs".

This means -voluntarily, willingly, of one's own accord as opposed to inconsiderately, and from ignorance or from weakness.

Does it make sense that God would warn us about sinning "wilfully" if we have no "free will"? Of course not.

1 Peter 5:2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by constraint but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly

"Willingly" is the same Greek word "hekousiōs".

1 Corinthians 9:17 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship.

This is the greek word "hekōn" and it means a) unforced, voluntary, willing b)of one's own will

Then we have ample verses where we are told to seek God and His righteousness. Would it make sense for God to tell us to seek Him when its impossible?

Deuteronomy 4:29 "But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul

Seek here: Hebrew wordbaqash used in both instances meaning- to search out (by any method, specifically in worship or prayer); by implication, to strive after: ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire, get, make inquisition, procure, (make) request, require, seek.

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord!

Same word as above "baqash"

1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!

Seek here: Hebrew worddarash meaning - to tread or frequent; usually to follow (for pursuit or search); by implication, to seek or ask, diligently, inquire, make inquisition, search out

(work in progress - still unfinished)