General Ruminations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

BANNED
Banned
Just jumping in:

Pictures being Opinions: The point is that if one wishes to prevent abortion one will show a sign of an aborted fetus. If one wishes to promote abortion one will show a picture of a child having been beaten to death by a woman who decided not to have an abortion. A pro-lifer will
not show a picture of the latter, while a pro-choicer will not show a picture of the former. The picture simply represents the opinion of the
activist.

About the concept of being able to chose whether or not to look at the pictures? Any who believe that it is as easy as that do something for me.
Hold your hand between your face and your computer screen and attempt to read this post. Hand gets in the way, doesn't it.

General statement for zakath, knight, etc. Is it even possible for Rasputen or anyone else to make logical points that you will accept? Or are you so blindly rooted in your opinions that when your security is attacked you dig a hole of self-righteousness and jump right it? kind of childish. Rasputen has accepted your points and refuted them through logical arguments, and you resort to a rebuttal of "nuh-uh"

Hypothetical 'i run you over while saving the child' scenario- you help rasputens point jefferson. Few would argue (although im sure
some would) that saving this child is moral. But it would be IMMORAL if he ran you over while chasing and assaulting that child. CIRCUMSTANCES!

General statement, but a past post by Jefferson in particular caught my eye: I am getting a
bit confused by you. Are you indeed God? If indeed you are, I apologize for not recognizing you as such. Otherwise, I would ask that you begin refuting arguments presented to you, not simply claiming absolute moral superiority.
Unless you are God, in which case, please, carry-on.

Columbine students are murderers, kill their babies, are terrible human beings and must be exposed to the truth...blahblahblah - very
dramatic; full of histrionics. I'm quivering. Get real...Columbine students are no different than any other group of students at any high school.
It is not located on a Hellmouth, nor does the community breed murderers.If you feel that all the students at that school must see the photos based
on the opinions of the activists, you need to have your heads examined. Your cause is hopeless. Might as well attack the entire world if you feel
it is necessary to attack columbine. What a waste of time the student's time, and yours.

Final thought. The purpose of these protesters was to save the lives of the babies in danger of being killed. Fine, being pro-life myself,I agree. But they are not helping. The students were indeed emotionally affected. With
hatred. Not remorse. These students hated not the concept of aboution, but the absolute gall of the people holding the signs. The students did not
question their own beliefs, but questioned the beliefs of those who imposed themselves upon their day. Did the activists intend to alienate the students toward hatred, not for abortion itself, but for the pro-life cause. Fine, claim the absolute moral superiority once again. FORCE these photos upon the students and in turn turn the students against the cause. But while you play God, babies are being killed, while none have been saved.

Knightfall. Good point. I implore all of you to, with logic, present your beliefs. But attack the meanings behind the words. Do not cut, paste, and misrepresent the words in your own order for the benefit your own arguement.

I do not intend to present any new arguments. I only present clarification and a mirror on what I have been exposed to in this particular forum.

1 of 6

Include original text in reply.

PureX

I would carry a photo of a boat, signifying that I am an existential-dadaist regarding the abortion issue.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Re: General Ruminations

Originally posted by Orion
General statement for zakath, knight, etc. Is it even possible for Rasputen or anyone else to make logical points that you will accept?

General answer for Orion's general question: Yes.

Specific answer for Onion's comment:

People who obtain legal abortions in the U.S. are not murderers under the current laws of the land. Period.

Those who find that condition morally untenable, should GET UP OFF THEIR LAZY BACKSIDES AND WORK TO GET THE LAW OVERTURNED! :mad:

They should write letters, protest, debate, engage in civil disobedience, whatever is within one's power. Merely whining about it accomplishes little towards ending the practice.

There, have I offended everyone equally? :D

Those who claim to "follow God's Law" while condemning people who engage in a legal act are frequently viewed by non-religionists as hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.