• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

God's attitude towards science and progress

glorydaz

There is one last aspect to being good.

Christ had to come to earth to learn how hard it is being human. Jesus learned obedience to the will of the Father. Then He returned to sit at the right hand of the Father.

Now Jesus sends the Holy Spirit to be in us so that He can be in our minds, willing us on, and empowering us to conform to the will of the Father. Thus it seems to require a supernatural element for humans to be truly "good".

Couldn't be something as simple as our being created to find fulfilment and happiness when in a trusting relationship with our Creator?

iouae

Couldn't be something as simple as our being created to find fulfilment and happiness when in a trusting relationship with our Creator?

Is that your definition of what "good" is?

I challenged Clete, JudgeRightly and anyone else to come up with a definition of good which does not include conformity to the will of God.

Do you think you can have a "trusting relationship with our Creator" without being subject to His will.

Do you think you can "find fulfilment and happiness" outside His will?

The demons who followed the fallen Lucifer did.
And look how happy they are today.

So even your definition, as limited as it is, includes the basic point I am making. "Good" is conformity to God's will.

iouae

Here is another scripture which proves what I have been saying.

Luk 18:19
And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Why do you think Christ told the man not to call him good, and pointed to "good" as only residing with the Father?

To save a lot of red herring and dead end replies, it is not because Jesus was a man at the time he said this. Jesus never sinned, thus, technically, never broke the law. So why did He not think of Himself as being "good"?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Point to one sentence where I said that Satan only wanted to help mankind.

Or, for that matter where these secret societies teach what I wrote above.

If you can't find it, it does not exist, and you become a false witness and a false accuser. And that is evil.

And don't post another video link and consider that "proof".
Give us a written quote that we can look at and examine.
You said Lucifer just wanted to be himself and did NOT cause war with God. Don't have a hissy fit for something you plainly said.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Why do you think Christ told the man not to call him good, and pointed to "good" as only residing with the Father?

To save a lot of red herring and dead end replies, it is not because Jesus was a man at the time he said this. Jesus never sinned, thus, technically, never broke the law. So why did He not think of Himself as being "good"?
Jesus was worshiped and forgave sin, only God can do that.

Matthew 21:9 KJV -

Matthew 14:33 KJV -

Matthew 2:11 KJV -

Mark 2:10 KJV -

glorydaz

Is that your definition of what "good" is?

I challenged Clete, JudgeRightly and anyone else to come up with a definition of good which does not include conformity to the will of God.

Do you think you can have a "trusting relationship with our Creator" without being subject to His will.

Do you think you can "find fulfilment and happiness" outside His will?

The demons who followed the fallen Lucifer did.
And look how happy they are today.

So even your definition, as limited as it is, includes the basic point I am making. "Good" is conformity to God's will.

Ah, you think the demons are happy and fulfilled?

That tells me more than anything else I've seen from you yet.

glorydaz

Jesus didn't say to not call Him good. Perhaps you need to take some reading classes.

iouae

You said Lucifer just wanted to be himself and did NOT cause war with God. Don't have a hissy fit for something you plainly said.

Well done PJ, you actually accurately report what I speculated, and that was that Lucifer did NOT start the war with God. Lucifer tried to leave heaven and get away from God's rule.

Jde 1:6
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

What was Lucifer and the demon's "first estate"? It was heaven.

They "left their own habitation" or heaven.

Where did they go?

Isa 14:13
For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Lucifer and his demons left heaven for a place in heaven somewhere to the north.

There Lucifer thought that he could rule over angels or "the stars of God".

God had other ideas, that nobody would be allowed to rebel against Him and live independently not under His will.

So God threw the fallen Lucifer and his demons to earth.

You decide when the "war" started. Did it start when Lucifer ran away, or when God took exception to this, and threw him down to earth?

Let's read this supposedly historic account of the war in heaven.

Rev 12:7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Let's take these events as chronological

First comes...Michael and his angels fought against the dragon. So Michael/God starts the war.
Second comes...and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not...

So the Dragon fights back.

This shows that the Dragon just wanted to be left alone outside the will of God. Which is my definition of "evil".

But the millennial, hippies here are going to scream blue murder at my pointing out the truth, because some of you "cannot handle the truth". You are going to be like Job's friends and defend God's fairness, and in the process gather a lot of disapproval from God.

iouae

Ah, you think the demons are happy and fulfilled?

That tells me more than anything else I've seen from you yet.

You clearly don't understand sarcasm. When I wrote "The demons who followed the fallen Lucifer did. And look how happy they are today" I was being sarcastic. In future I will try to put the dots closer together. And even without sarcasm, everywhere the demons are encountered in the Bible, they are miserable. How could you read me to be saying they are happy?

iouae

Jesus didn't say to not call Him good. Perhaps you need to take some reading classes.

Oh, the irony to say I need reading classes.

Christ clearly told the man not to call Him good. Christ even explained that there was ONLY ONE that was good, and that ONE was the Father in heaven. Please tell me Glorydaz why that is.

iouae

God is good. No brainer.

If I ask you "Why do you call me an Illuminati supporter" do you think I am agreeing or disagreeing with you?

Likewise when Christ said "Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God" is Christ agreeing or disagreeing with being called good?

You have to use your brain, or you will guess wrong.

PS. and Hint: You are so distracted by Christ being God, that you cannot see that sometimes "God" stands for "one" or just the Father, and sometimes the whole godhead.

Hint 2: Did Christ use "one" in that sentence?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If I ask you "Why do you call me an Illuminati supporter" do you think I am agreeing or disagreeing with you?

Likewise when Christ said "Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God" is Christ agreeing or disagreeing with being called good?

You have to use your brain, or you will guess wrong.

PS. and Hint: You are so distracted by Christ being God, that you cannot see that sometimes "God" stands for just the Father, and sometimes the whole godhead.
Jesus does not deny Hid divinity, He asks why do you call me good. Since God is the only one who is good He is getting the ruler to realize who was in front of him. He is saying if you call me good then believe that I Am God.

glorydaz

You clearly don't understand sarcasm. When I wrote "The demons who followed the fallen Lucifer did. And look how happy they are today" I was being sarcastic. In future I will try to put the dots closer together. And even without sarcasm, everywhere the demons are encountered in the Bible, they are miserable. How could you read me to be saying they are happy?

Probably because I haven't learned when you're being sarcastic yet.

iouae

Jesus does not deny Hid divinity, He asks why do you call me good. Since God is the only one who is good He is getting the ruler to realize who was in front of him. He is saying if you call me good then believe that I Am God.

Why would Christ even question "Why callest thou me good?".

Christ could have said "Absolutely right I am good, and only God is good, so that makes me God for being good". That is more or less what you are saying.

This young man and most Pharisees thought they were good. This young man had a whole checklist of commandments he kept, making him secure that he was good too. But feeling smug in one's goodness never made the young man think he was God because he was good.

I never used to understand why Christ seems to negate the man calling Him good. I thought Christ was being modest.

Let's go to the garden of Gethsemane where Christ wrestled with the concept of being crucified. Humour me, this has great relevance.
What mantra did Christ keep on repeating, three times? Compare this with a line in the Lord's prayer, and what pattern do you see emerging?

glorydaz

Oh, the irony to say I need reading classes.

Christ clearly told the man not to call Him good. Christ even explained that there was ONLY ONE that was good, and that ONE was the Father in heaven. Please tell me Glorydaz why that is.

Oh the irony to say I didn't see you were being sarcastic.

I'll refer you back to the quote.

You just asked me why I didn't know you were being sarcastic, and then you tell me Jesus is saying, "Do not call me good."

I don't see Jesus saying that at all. He was asking the man a question. He was not telling him not to call Him good.

Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Luke 18:19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.​