God's miracles in my life

Gary K

Banned
Here goes with another miracle in my life. It's the greatest miracle God can do.

In the middle of my wild years of alcoholism and drug addiction God somehow reached me and rescued me from my own self destructive behavior. I haven't have a drink in decades nor done any drugs. If you are familiar with AA and NA you know most alcoholics drink themselves to death and completely tear their families apart.

Since the day I quit I haven't desired a drink or done drugs as long as I kept my relationship with God alive. After God first inserted Himself into my life I could walk down the sidewalk and get the physical symptoms of being stoned just from the smell of dope on someone who had just been smoking pot but yet had no desire to get high.

Ask any psychiatrist or psychologist and they will tell you that the psychological addiction is far worse than the physical addiction. It's why so many addicts relapse.

I love God for all He has done for me. Changing our hearts so we love Him is the greatest miracle my heavenly Father can do for anyone. I've only scratched the surface of all the miracles my heavenly Father has done for me. There are many more to tell.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here goes with another miracle in my life. It's the greatest miracle God can do.

In the middle of my wild years of alcoholism and drug addiction God somehow reached me and rescued me from my own self destructive behavior. I haven't have a drink in decades nor done any drugs. If you are familiar with AA and NA you know most alcoholics drink themselves to death and completely tear their families apart.

Since the day I quit I haven't desired a drink or done drugs as long as I kept my relationship with God alive. After God first inserted Himself into my life I could walk down the sidewalk and get the physical symptoms of being stoned just from the smell of dope on someone who had just been smoking pot but yet had no desire to get high.

Ask any psychiatrist or psychologist and they will tell you that the psychological addiction is far worse than the physical addiction. It's why so many addicts relapse.

I love God for all He has done for me. Changing our hearts so we love Him is the greatest miracle my heavenly Father can do for anyone. I've only scratched the surface of all the miracles my heavenly Father has done for me. There are many more to tell.

Yet another "not-a-miracle."

Self-control is not a miracle, and it can even be learned.

Gary K

Banned
Here are the stories of more current miracles God is performing in my life.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside and pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again and still be able to buy groceries.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and put them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and fatal if you can't afford surgery to fix it. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs. God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather that creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me. He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here are the stories of more current miracles God is performing in my life.

Skimming through... Yeah, not even close.

Here is one that happened yesterday. I pulled into a gas station to put in some gas. My debit card doesn't work at the pumps for some reason so I have to go inside and pay at the counter. For some reason I went back outside and just got into my car and drove off. I spent probably two hours at home and when I left I finally realized what I'd done. I was really bummed as I couldn't afford to buy the same amount of gas again and still be able to buy groceries.

I went back to the station, went inside and told them what I'd done. The store manager happened to be standing there. She looked at the computer screen and said it's still there. It's one of the busiest stations in town and no one had used that pump in those two hours. My money was still there.

Happenstance is not a miracle.

You'll mock me for thinking it was a miracle, but I know it was as miracles are happening daily in my life.

I mock you because it WAS NOT a miracle, yet you've deluded yourself into thinking it was.

Here's another one. I had washed a load of clothes and put them in the dryer. I ran the dryer through it's cycle and when it was done I opened the dryer door and the clothes were as wet as they were when I put them in. We couldn't afford a service call and the cost of an element so I bowed my head and asked God to fix it. That was a month or so ago and that dryer is still drying clothes.

Alternately, you forgot to turn the dryer on, and then came back thinking you had turned the dryer on, and found that you didn't.

In other words, not a miracle.

Last winter I stumbled and fell. I ended up with a twisted intestine. That is extremely painful and fatal if you can't afford surgery to fix it. I used a supplement stool softener until I had diarrhea really badly. I basically had the squirts. It was still extremely painful. I was groaning all the time. I asked God to fix it and He did.

The body healing itself is not a miracle. That's what it was designed to do.

That's why I know I'm correct in my beliefs.

Rather, you've convinced yourself that you're right.

God doesn't perform miracles for those don't have enough faith in Him

God does not, if ever, perform miracles in modern times.

Faith or lack thereof has nothing to do with it.

to surrender fully to Him and that includes believing His word rather that creating conflicts in scripture where none exist because we have a big enough ego to think we know better than He does.

Posturing.

That doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else.

Liar. You clearly think you're better than us because you think, "I have enough faith to surrender fully to Him, so therefore He performs miracles for me, but since you don't have enough faith, therefore He doesn't perform miracles for you."

I've lived in rebellion against God for too many decades of my life to think I'm any better than anyone else. I've been very self destructive for the vast majority of my life. God has even taken that away from me.

Don't attribute to God your own failings.

He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.

Yawn. More posturing.

Eric h

He is a God of love that is beyond human comprehension. At least beyond my comprehension as I know without a doubt I'm not worthy of that kind of love.
Thanks for sharing Gary, you have been on an amazing journey to beat your addictions. We can only give thanks to God.

Gary K

Banned
Thanks for sharing Gary, you have been on an amazing journey to beat your addictions. We can only give thanks to God.
Yes it has been an an amazing journey and the best is yet to come as God is increasing my trust in Him on a daily basis. How far it will take me only He knows.

BTW, I'm the poster formerly known as Ffreeloader. I used to give you pretty bad time. I'm sorry about that.

Gary K

Banned
Here is the story of how God gave me the understanding of why my entire family so despised me.

One afternoon several years ago I was thinking about why my entire family despised me me and praying about. It hurt so badly to think about it I would always cry when I'd think about it. As I was thinking about this particular day and praying about it it struck me like a bolt out of the blue as to why.

Mu old man grew up in a family in which both of his parents were alcoholics. His dad died in a drunken boating accident on Lake Superior as both my parents grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan when he was a little kid. His dad and a friend of his had decided to go drinking and fishing one day. They took a row boat out on the lake and proceeded to get very drunk. At some point a thunderstorm came up but they were too drunk to notice it until it hit them. They were far enough off shore that they couldn't get back safely as high winds on Superior cause the water to get very rough almost immediately. My old man's dad was thrown out of the boat somehow and only his friend made it back to shore.

It turns out that his dad's drinking buddy later married his mother. He was the king of person who was a mean drunk and his favorite amusement as coming home drunk and beating up his wife. My old man finally out a stop to it by meeting his when he started up the stairs to beat up his wife with his hunting rifle and telling him that he had better be prepared to kill my old man because if he came any further up the steps he was going to kill him. The man I knew as grandpa stood there for awhile looking at him and decided it wasn't worth it. My old man told me that was the last time his step dad beat up his mother.

My parents became Christians the year I was born. Until I was four of so our family was a fairly normal Christian family but somewhere along the line my old man lost his walk with God and became his old self again and he was mean, at least to me. Why? Because grandpa and I became buddies, I'd follow him around his yard as he worked on his flowers and "helped" him wax his car. Sit next to him when we went for a ride and in general got along famously. In his spiritual state that made him hate me as he had always claimed that his step father had murdered his dad. I asked him why he thought that once and only once. He said two men go out in a boat and only one comes back it's murder. He was convinced of that. When he got really mad his irises would change color from pale blue to white and his irises changed color when I asked him why he thought his dad was murdered.

Well while I was praying that day all of those things came together and just hit me all at once. I had known most those things for decades but had never been able to fit them together in a cohesive picture. That day it was like my life had been laid out like a large puzzle on one of the old folding card tables and when God shook that table all those pieces came together and the picture made absolute sense. From that day on I've been able to make close friends which i had never been able to do before as I was too ashamed of who I was. Only God could have tied all those disparate pieces of my life together in a couple of moments. This is the greatest miracle God has performed in my life up till now and it;a massive miracle. Who else do you know whose life has experienced that kind of transformation in their mid sixties. i know of no one who had ever experienced that kind of positive transformation overnight, so to speak.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is the story of how God gave me the understanding of why my entire family so despised me.

One afternoon several years ago I was thinking about why my entire family despised me me and praying about. It hurt so badly to think about it I would always cry when I'd think about it. As I was thinking about this particular day and praying about it it struck me like a bolt out of the blue as to why.

Mu old man grew up in a family in which both of his parents were alcoholics. His dad died in a drunken boating accident on Lake Superior as both my parents grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan when he was a little kid. His dad and a friend of his had decided to go drinking and fishing one day. They took a row boat out on the lake and proceeded to get very drunk. At some point a thunderstorm came up but they were too drunk to notice it until it hit them. They were far enough off shore that they couldn't get back safely as high winds on Superior cause the water to get very rough almost immediately. My old man's dad was thrown out of the boat somehow and only his friend made it back to shore.

It turns out that his dad's drinking buddy later married his mother. He was the king of person who was a mean drunk and his favorite amusement as coming home drunk and beating up his wife. My old man finally out a stop to it by meeting his when he started up the stairs to beat up his wife with his hunting rifle and telling him that he had better be prepared to kill my old man because if he came any further up the steps he was going to kill him. The man I knew as grandpa stood there for awhile looking at him and decided it wasn't worth it. My old man told me that was the last time his step dad beat up his mother.

My parents became Christians the year I was born. Until I was four of so our family was a fairly normal Christian family but somewhere along the line my old man lost his walk with God and became his old self again and he was mean, at least to me. Why? Because grandpa and I became buddies, I'd follow him around his yard as he worked on his flowers and "helped" him wax his car. Sit next to him when we went for a ride and in general got along famously. In his spiritual state that made him hate me as he had always claimed that his step father had murdered his dad. I asked him why he thought that once and only once. He said two men go out in a boat and only one comes back it's murder. He was convinced of that. When he got really mad his irises would change color from pale blue to white and his irises changed color when I asked him why he thought his dad was murdered.

Well while I was praying that day all of those things came together and just hit me all at once. I had known most those things for decades but had never been able to fit them together in a cohesive picture. That day it was like my life had been laid out like a large puzzle on one of the old folding card tables and when God shook that table all those pieces came together and the picture made absolute sense. From that day on I've been able to make close friends which i had never been able to do before as I was too ashamed of who I was. Only God could have tied all those disparate pieces of my life together in a couple of moments. This is the greatest miracle God has performed in my life up till now and it;a massive miracle. Who else do you know whose life has experienced that kind of transformation in their mid sixties. i know of no one who had ever experienced that kind of positive transformation overnight, so to speak.

Another not a miracle. Happenstance is not a miracle.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another miracle God performed this week.

My wife's boss gave her a car, a 2002 Honda Accord EX with a V6, a little more than a year and a half ago. It seemed very sound mechanically until we had driven it a while. Then I realized it got terrible mileage in town, between 7 and 8 mpg but out on the highway hot 25 mpg. I talked to a retired mechanic that moved up from California a couple of years ago who is very skilled. He said he had never heard of it before.

I have asked God to fix it as to take it to a mechanic for repair would have been off the charts expensive to diagnose something this rare. He hadn't chosen to do so until this last Thursday. I put $25 worth of gas in the car which works out to be about 6.5 gallons. That would last us less than 50 miles before. This week we drove 110 miles and there is still more than a quarter tank left. That means we are now getting at least triple the mileage we did before plus the engine has more power than it did before as I've stepped on it pretty hard a couple of times and it accelerates a lot faster than before.

All I can say is God is very good.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is another miracle God performed this week.

My wife's boss gave her a car, a 2002 Honda Accord EX with a V6, a little more than a year and a half ago. It seemed very sound mechanically until we had driven it a while. Then I realized it got terrible mileage in town, between 7 and 8 mpg but out on the highway hot 25 mpg. I talked to a retired mechanic that moved up from California a couple of years ago who is very skilled. He said he had never heard of it before.

I have asked God to fix it as to take it to a mechanic for repair would have been off the charts expensive to diagnose something this rare. He hadn't chosen to do so until this last Thursday. I put $25 worth of gas in the car which works out to be about 6.5 gallons. That would last us less than 50 miles before. This week we drove 110 miles and there is still more than a quarter tank left. That means we are now getting at least triple the mileage we did before plus the engine has more power than it did before as I've stepped on it pretty hard a couple of times and it accelerates a lot faster than before.

All I can say is God is very good.

Another non-miracle.

Fuel gauges aren't very accurate. They're there just to give you a rough idea of how much fuel is in your tank.

And I noticed you didn't mention how much fuel was already in the vehicle before you fueled.

Driving 110 miles at speed, even with acceleration and deceleration, is going to be more efficient than "in-town" driving.

Fuel economy nor vehicle phsyics isn't a miracle.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another miracle that happened just this morning.

My wife couldn't find her purse last night or this morning. She normally pits it in the same bag we take for the baby's needs to work. She hunted through the bag last night and this morning trying to find it and she couldn't. We both prayed about it and then I got dressed and went outside to look for it. As I was getting ready to come back in she opened the door and said she had found it in the bag she had searched twice already. The purse was cold as if it had been outside all night.

She had several hundred dollars in it and she had just cashed her paycheck on Monday and her tithe money in it from several weeks as she hasn't gone to church since we got the baby due to being exhausted due to the baby waking up hungry during the night.

God is good. He is love towards all of us is beyond our imagination. James said you don't receive because you don't ask and when you do you ask amiss that you ask for things to spend on your lusts.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is another miracle that happened just this morning.

My wife couldn't find her purse last night or this morning. She normally pits it in the same bag we take for the baby's needs to work. She hunted through the bag last night and this morning trying to find it and she couldn't. We both prayed about it and then I got dressed and went outside to look for it. As I was getting ready to come back in she opened the door and said she had found it in the bag she had searched twice already. The purse was cold as if it had been outside all night.

She had several hundred dollars in it and she had just cashed her paycheck on Monday and her tithe money in it from several weeks as she hasn't gone to church since we got the baby due to being exhausted due to the baby waking up hungry during the night.

God is good. He is love towards all of us is beyond our imagination. James said you don't receive because you don't ask and when you do you ask amiss that you ask for things to spend on your lusts.

Happenstance is not a miracle.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IMG_5717.jpeg

Saving a whore chasing drunk, or a murdering robber like one of the 2 men crucified with him is a miracle.

Gary K

Banned
Here is another miracle that happened in the winter of 2022. I stumbled and fell in our living room and it resulted in a twisted intestine. Hope and pray you never experience one. It's by far the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I took so many stool softeners I had the squirts and still couldn't stop groaning. It presents as back pain and I've had a lot of it but nothing close to this. I went to the doctor and he told me I needed a cat scan for diagnosis. As neither my wife nor I have any medical insurance we couldn't afford one.

It went on for 3 days or so without me being able to sleep. Finally I wised up that the only thing that would stop this pain was a miracle so I asked my heavenly father to untwist my intestine. He did and the pain went away immediately. Only problem was I still had the squirts for another 2 or 3 days.

God is so very, very good.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here is another miracle that happened in the winter of 2022. I stumbled and fell in our living room and it resulted in a twisted intestine. Hope and pray you never experience one. It's by far the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I took so many stool softeners I had the squirts and still couldn't stop groaning. It presents as back pain and I've had a lot of it but nothing close to this. I went to the doctor and he told me I needed a cat scan for diagnosis. As neither my wife nor I have any medical insurance we couldn't afford one.

It went on for 3 days or so without me being able to sleep. Finally I wised up that the only thing that would stop this pain was a miracle so I asked my heavenly father to untwist my intestine. He did and the pain went away immediately. Only problem was I still had the squirts for another 2 or 3 days.

God is so very, very good.

Your body healing itself is not a miracle.

In fact, quite the opposite.

Ever wonder what happens to people who have surgery done inside their bodies where the organs have to be moved out of place?

Do you think that the surgeons put everything back in there just as they found them?

NOPE!

Toss the organs back in, stitch up the opening, and the body sorts everything out on it's own!

Just the way God designed it, not miraculous at all.

Gary K

Banned
Your body healing itself is not a miracle.

In fact, quite the opposite.

Ever wonder what happens to people who have surgery done inside their bodies where the organs have to be moved out of place?

Do you think that the surgeons put everything back in there just as they found them?

NOPE!

Toss the organs back in, stitch up the opening, and the body sorts everything out on it's own!

Just the way God designed it, not miraculous at all.
You certainly don't think much of surgeons. You think they are dumb enough to risk medical malpractice rates going up so with 2 or 3 sloppy surgeries that their malpractice rates would go up up so high they could no longer practice surgery. Yup. You think they are retarded. How they ever got through medical school being that dumb is a mystery to me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You certainly don't think much of surgeons.

You don't think highly enough of God's creation, the human body.

If someone's intestines were dangling out of their body after someone had cut them open, you really could just shove them back in and sew the person up, and their body would take care of the rest.

The human body knows where things go inside of it.

That said, I believe I overstated my point. Specifically, it's the intestines that are particularly forgiving.

If you doubt me, prove me wrong, rather than trying to belittle me.

You think they are dumb enough to risk medical malpractice rates going up so with 2 or 3 sloppy surgeries that their malpractice rates would go up up so high they could no longer practice surgery. Yup. You think they are retarded. How they ever got through medical school being that dumb is a mystery to me.

Telling me what I think now, are you?

Again, the human body is more capable than you think, and doesn't require miracles for every little thing to heal.

Oh, and both of my parents were in the medical field (ob/gyn and rn), so I do know a thing or two about such things. (and before you say anything, no, they aren't the ones who told me about this.