Goodbye posts will be deleted

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you are planning on leaving TOL for another forum we wish you nothing but the best. Forums are fun to participate in and can be a great place for learning and fellowship.

At TOL we generally do not allow "I am leaving TOL bla bla bla..." posts.

Why do we have this policy?

We delete posts like that because they serve no other purpose other than to cause division. Furthermore.... when and if someone makes a "goodbye" post we generally ban that user. Why do we do that? Well if we don't ban the leaving user they usually come back and post yet another "goodbye" post after the first one was deleted. Not to mention... if a user wants to leave TOL it is our right to not allow them to use TOL resources like the Private Messaging System.

If you want to leave we will miss you.

If you want to leave a message saying your taking a break for awhile OR if you leave a message saying you cant post anymore for practical reasons we have no problem with that. But if you are leaving because you are displeased with TOL then the best thing to do is just leave and say your goodbyes in private.

We have employed this policy since the inception of TOL. Although we have made exceptions depending on the tone or the reason for the departure.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Paradõsis
Yeah, who are these people that leave goodbye messages anyway!? :eek: :)
ROTFL....

But your a good example of someone that has been very reasonable in your goodbyes, and we do appreciate that.

Plus now its tradition that you leave "for good" every couple of months. :D

Zakath is a close second.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Knight
ROTFL....

But your a good example of someone that has been very reasonable in your goodbyes, and we do appreciate that.

Plus now its tradition that you leave "for good" every couple of months. :D

Zakath is a close second.

But without me to pick on, you wouldn't have nearly as much fun... ;)

s9s27s54

I have left, but I have also come back. I've come to this conclusion, you're not going to find a perfect forum. I do know the perfect one, though, and that's Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.

Nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes.

I haven't left permanantly.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by s9s27s54
I have left, but I have also come back. I've come to this conclusion, you're not going to find a perfect forum. I do know the perfect one, though, and that's Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.
Jesus has a web forum now??

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight
Jesus has a web forum now??
ROFL!!:crackup: