Greta Thunberg, Deranged Poster Child For The Mentally Ill Left

eider

Too many to list, but pertinent to this, I have a Masters in Chemistry - that's six years past 12th grade - and worked for years as a professional scientist in many different fields

Fair enough.
I've known for a long time that qualifications, intelligence and common sense are often totally separate abilities, but I'll acknowledge your qualifications.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Of course you haven't. He is a television journalist and you don't watch telly.

caught the clip on youtube last night - looks like Ben thought he was going to be participating in one more of a long series of interviews for a book tour and got blindsided by questions about stuff he'd written when he was seventeen and eighteen

Maybe Ben hasn't got a telly either.
:chuckle:

i suspect he hasn't - read his bio if you want to be impressed, then consider that he's also a father of three young children and an observant orthodox jew

can't imagine where he'd find the time

eider

what did he say that you disagree with?

Be specific

I snatched the first report about Ben Shapiro that came out of google.
Ben doesn't understand problems and solutions, and part of the reason (apart from his extremist views about 'Leftists', ha ha :D ) is that he's never learned about the journey from problem discovery which causes Aims (searching if you like) which can lead to Main Objectives. Let me show you.
All the writing in underlined Bold is either Ben's or his associate 'Adam' whom he has clearly nailed his flag to.

Ben Shapiro: Catastrophic thinking without solutions
Complaining without solutions accomplishes nothing

BEN SHAPIRO hitched his wagon to the piece below written by Adam Grant.......... Let's see what nonsense is there............
SEP 26, 2019 9:15 AM
In July, Adam Grant, organizational psychologist at Wharton Business School, tweeted: "Agendas aren't driven by problems. They're driven by solutions. Calling out what's wrong without proposing ways to make it right is complaining."

And so here we can see that Adam doesn't understand that the recognition of dangers, problems and insecurities is in itself a complaint. He also fails to see that agendas are Aims.... and we need to set out with Aims in order to find or build Main Objectives. Ben is a full on Rightist Tribalist it seems, and so he manipulates his paragraphs to suit his agenda.
Moving on>>>>> :-

This week, complaining was the order of the day.
The complaining was largely done by enthusiastic minors, to the raucous applause of Democratic politicians and the media. Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old activist from Sweden, appeared before a U.N. climate summit to chide the adults in catastrophic terms ..........
Stop right there....... what is a catastrophic term? Again, this paragraph is written to sppeal to the Tribal rightists. .............usually reserved for bad B-disaster flicks: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. ... We are at the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you."

Here we can see that Greta has described an insecurity, a danger that she perceives. That's a form of complaint. It's too complicated a danger for any one person to hope to resolve alone, but it has been perceived and this has already led on towards Aims...... Greta does have Aims.....
Moving forward.....:_

This, of course, is nonsense. We will not be the last generation to survive. The world will keep on spinning. The damage from climate change is uncertain — it may be moderate, and it may be graver. But to suggest, as ralliers did, that the world will end without ACTION! (no specific action recommended) is factually untrue.
It is interesting that Ben (with Adam)shows that he has perceived an insecurity himself in that 'climate change is incertain ....... and might be grave(r)'.... so he can perceive troubles, he simply doesn't have the foresight of a particular 16yr old girl to Aim forward towards a Main Objective, as she surely can.
Moving forward.....:_

All of this "activism" prompted former President Barack Obama to tweet his kudos: "One challenge will define the future for today's young generation more dramatically than any other: Climate change. The millions of young people worldwide who've organized and joined today's #ClimateStrike demand action to protect our planet, and they deserve it."

We are focusing upon Greta, a Scandinavian girl without a vote in the US. President Obama's opinion is irrelevant to your question, although I can see why an extremist would snatch on to that.
Moving forward....:_

What action, precisely? And why is the left so keen on rallying behind children to push their cause, the same way it did with regard to gun control in the aftermath of the Parkland shooting?

Here we can see that Ben is an extremist. He can't understand that issues such as climate control or gun control are not Leftist or Rightist politics, indeed many conservative and labour folks will leave politics aside to debate these issues., these Complaints, in the hope of sparking a common Aim leading towards a Main Objective. And children can have very strong perception whereas many adults views can be clouded by past experience, extremist views, etc...
Moving on.....:-

Perhaps it's because we don't expect children to have solutions. After all, they're children. But adults hiding behind children to avoid the difficult conversations that must take place about how to achieve solutions is nothing other than moral cowardice.

We know that extremists in all political quarters will bend rhetoric to suit their views, the above paragraph shows that clearly. I love that term 'moral cowardice' such rhetoric....... Some children have extremely deep insight in to identification of insecurity and danger, and many intellectuals, scientists, tradespeople, mariners and politicians agree with Greta.
I'll pull up there because this dismissive rubbish just goes on....
And so we can see that Ben Shapiro has failed to understand the difference between a perceived danger (leading to a complaint) which can lead on to Aims in order to achieve Objectives (solutions). His demand for Solutions to be placed beside perceived dangers is as childish as expecting medical researchers to produce a solution right beside the discovery of , say, coronavirus.
Simple.

ok doser

I snatched ......

now re-write that horrible mess simply, briefly, concisely - get the formatting right - focus on two or three key points

and please, please please, stop using your new favorite expression "tribal rightist/rightist tribalist" - it makes you look even more retarded than usual

ok doser

and before you jump to conclusions (which you are prone to do), understand that I agree with Peterson here - start at 1:17, go to 2:05

at 3:22 he refers to Bjorn Lomborg - I would recommend reading his work - find it on the internet, turn off the telly and use your head to think, not to act as a catch basin for the sewage that pours out of the telly

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned
and before you jump to conclusions (which you are prone to do), understand that I agree with Peterson here - start at 1:17, go to 2:05

at 3:22 he refers to Bjorn Lomborg - I would recommend reading his work - find it on the internet, turn off the telly and use your head to think, not to act as a catch basin for the sewage that pours out of the telly

This is very good advice. The amount of information available online about the effects of TV on the brain is incredible. It's a known source of mind control, a cause of depression, a means of turning off your brain and directly inserting messages into your subconscious which bypasses your conscious mind and all critical thinking. If a person watches television on a daily basis it turns off your brain in 30 seconds of watching, and after that you having messages implanted directly into your brain with zero conscious filters. It can make you believe things that violate every moral instinct you have. It is the most dangerous mind control tool the world has ever seen.

I know it has been a major positive in my life since I put my foot down and said, no more TV. My wife complained pretty bitterly, but I just said we're going to do this. I used to be a pretty good athlete so I missed the basketball, baseball, football, auto racing, and tennis but I got over those withdrawal symptoms pretty quickly.

I can't post an excerpt from the following article as for some reason the author doesn't want anyone to copy and paste even parts of his article. For everything he asserts there is a link at the end of the page that gives his sources for his assertions. https://www.eruptingmind.com/effects-of-tv-on-brain/

ok doser

I snatched the first report about Ben Shapiro that came out of google.
Ben doesn't understand problems and solutions ....

from wiki:
... graduated (high school) in 2000 at age 16
...graduated summa *** laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004, at age 20, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science
.... then *** laude from Harvard Law School in 2007.
... He then articled at the law offices of Goodwin Procter.
... As of March 2012 he ran an independent legal consultancy firm, Benjamin Shapiro Legal Consulting, in Los Angeles.

At age 17, he became the youngest nationally syndicated columnist in the United States.
.... writes columns for Creators Syndicate and Newsweek
... serves as editor-in-chief for The Daily Wire, which he founded
... hosts The Ben Shapiro Show, a daily political podcast and live radio show.
... editor-at-large of Breitbart News between 2012 and 2016
... has written ten books ...

i suspect you're wrong, that he does understand problems and solutions, much better than you appear to.

And now, you have a problem with the jumbled mess of the rest of your post

A proposed solution? Clean it up and try again.

ok doser

... many ... scientists ... agree with Greta.

well, no

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...y-about-climate-change-is-wrong/#2b78e7aa12d6
https://www.livescience.com/12-years-to-stop-climate-change.html

from her temper tantrum at the UN:

... We are in the beginning of a mass extinction ...

... For more than 30 years, the science has been crystal clear ...

... the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control ...

none of those three statements are true

eider

well, no

https://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus-intermediate.htm
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...y-about-climate-change-is-wrong/#2b78e7aa12d6
https://www.livescience.com/12-years-to-stop-climate-change.html

from her temper tantrum at the UN:

... We are in the beginning of a mass extinction ...

... For more than 30 years, the science has been crystal clear ...

... the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control ...

none of those three statements are true

Get reading...... get learning........ educate yourself.
You may need to copy/paste these links in to google.

David Attenborough: Mass extinction is 'on the horizon'www.irishtimes.com › news › environment › david-atte...
3 Dec 2018 - David Attenborough: Mass extinction is 'on the horizon'. World leaders at COP24 told 'the continuation of our civilisations is in your hands'.
-----------------------
Scientists: Time running short before climate change effects ...abcnews.go.com › International › story
8 Oct 2018 - ... Nations issued an alarming report on Monday, warning that global temperatures could reach an irreversible tipping point as soon as 2030.
Only 11 Years Left to Prevent Irreversible Damage from Climatewww.un.org › press › ga12131.doc.htm
28 Mar 2019 - Just over a decade is all that remains to stop irreversible damage ... and environmental dimensions of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. ... Meanwhile, only 15 per cent of global energy is sourced from nuclear, ...
-------------------------
Global Warming - Evidence | Facts – Climate Change: Vital ...climate.nasa.gov › evidence
Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Climate Change and Global Warming. How do we know it's happening? Here's the evidence.

eider

from wiki:
... graduated (high school) in 2000 at age 16
...graduated summa *** laude and Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Los Angeles in 2004, at age 20, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science
.... then *** laude from Harvard Law School in 2007.
... He then articled at the law offices of Goodwin Procter.
... As of March 2012 he ran an independent legal consultancy firm, Benjamin Shapiro Legal Consulting, in Los Angeles.

At age 17, he became the youngest nationally syndicated columnist in the United States.
.... writes columns for Creators Syndicate and Newsweek
... serves as editor-in-chief for The Daily Wire, which he founded
... hosts The Ben Shapiro Show, a daily political podcast and live radio show.
... editor-at-large of Breitbart News between 2012 and 2016
... has written ten books ...

i suspect you're wrong, that he does understand problems and solutions, much better than you appear to.

And now, you have a problem with the jumbled mess of the rest of your post

A proposed solution? Clean it up and try again.

Nah nah.......
Ben doesn't understand that to report a problem is a 'complaint'. Ben went to law school so he knows about 'plaints'.
But what he also does not get is that to acknowledge a complaint is what can lead on to solutions through following AIMS on to MAIN OBJECTIVES.

He doesn't get it. Nor do you.
Simple.
EDIT: He also appears to be hot tempered and lacking in self control........ he stormed off Andrew Neil's program.
Maybe that's why he left Law? Doesn't look good to storm out of Courts, you know.

eider

now re-write that horrible mess simply, briefly, concisely - get the formatting right - focus on two or three key points

and please, please please, stop using your new favorite expression "tribal rightist/rightist tribalist" - it makes you look even more retarded than usual

Duh! The bold is what Ben with Adam wrote, all the rest is my review.
You need to learn comprehension.

ok doser

Duh! The bold is what Ben with Adam wrote, all the rest is my review.
You need to learn comprehension.

proofread your jumbled mess

This week, complaining was the order of the day.
The complaining was largely done by enthusiastic minors, to the raucous applause of Democratic politicians and the media. Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old activist from Sweden, appeared before a U.N. climate summit to chide the adults in catastrophic terms ..........
Stop right there....... what is a catastrophic term? Again, this paragraph is written to sppeal to the Tribal rightists. .............usually reserved for bad B-disaster flicks: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. ... We are at the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you."

ok doser

Nah nah.......
Ben doesn't understand that to report a problem is a 'complaint'.

reporting a problem: "guys, global warming is happening. I'm worried that there may be dire consequences because I listen to the telly and it tells me the sky is falling. Is there anything we can do about it, practically?"

throwing a temper tantrum:
Spoiler

Ben went to law school so he knows about 'plaints'.

all of those achievements I listed are concrete evidence of the ability to identify problems (complaints) and devise and implement solutions

He also appears to be hot tempered and lacking in self control........ he stormed off Andrew Neil's program.

Where did you hear that - on the telly?

here's the clip, at 1:15 he decides to end the interview which was supposed to be a promotion of his new book: "I think we're done here, I appreciate your time sir, thank you so much" and he sits there disconnecting his mic

Who told you he "stormed off Andrew Neil's program"?