Guns!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
The US has like the 100th highest murder rate in the world, not the 3rd.

Idolater

Usually the first figure is based on a comparison to other First World countries, or Western democracies, or some other
When you do it that way we're number one and it's not close.

Of course doing it that way is cherrypicking on the part of gun controllers (human rights violators).

So don't do it that way. We're absolutely positively number one in the world in civilian owned guns and it's not close. We're like 100th in global murder rate. If guns cause murder, the statistics are evidence against that, otherwise the US would be number one in murder rate and it wouldn't be close, but we're like number 100.

As to the rest of your graphic, did you know that literally 50% of all murders here are committed by a young Black man, against another young Black man, in a city? 50%! If you exiled young Black men from cities our murder rate would drop by 50%. (It would still be higher than all the rest of our "cohorts" (which is a made-up word to justify cherrypicking) but it would actually be close to some of them.)

But more guns, and vote Republican. :)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
When you do it that way we're number one and it's not close.

Of course doing it that way is cherrypicking on the part of gun controllers (human rights violators).

So don't do it that way. We're absolutely positively number one in the world in civilian owned guns and it's not close. We're like 100th in global murder rate. If guns cause murder, the statistics are evidence against that, otherwise the US would be number one in murder rate and it wouldn't be close, but we're like number 100.

As to the rest of your graphic, did you know that literally 50% of all murders here are committed by a young Black man, against another young Black man, in a city? 50%! If you exiled young Black men from cities our murder rate would drop by 50%. (It would still be higher than all the rest of our "cohorts" (which is a made-up word to justify cherrypicking) but it would actually be close to some of them.)

But more guns, and vote Republican. :)
As I have stated before I used to work as a professional statistician and I understand the utility in manipulating data to make it say what you want. I used to get paid well to do that. 😁

Idolater

As I have stated before I used to work as a professional statistician and I understand the utility in manipulating data to make it say what you want. I used to get paid well to do that. 😁
That whole "cohort study" thing is amazing in its duplicity. I mean it is literally textbook cherrypicking, but call it a "cohort study" and mention "cohorts" and all of a sudden it's whitewashed. Ridiculous. smh.