Handguns

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What bout a 38?
If it fits your budget I would suggest a 357 over a 38. You can use 38 ammo for less expensive target shooting and buy 357 defensive rounds. Got to love the .44 though. That is a man gun!

dreadknought

If it fits your budget I would suggest a 357 over a 38. You can use 38 ammo for less expensive target shooting and buy 357 defensive rounds. Got to love the .44 though. That is a man gun!
Thank you. Valuable. In my frugality, I popped off. Deap down, I want a 44.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thank you. Valuable. In my frugality, I popped off. Deap down, I want a 44.

I have 3 .44s but they are all percussion revolvers, not .44 magnum. My only cartridge handguns are semi auto. A 45 ACP and .22 Deep down I want a 20 ga SxS!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

The only problem with that is you should not practice with something you would not use in application...different results. Test like you fly, and fly what you test I always say, using the 38 rounds for plinking is fun but, if you want to be accurate & ready, shoot both so you know the difference. Just my 2 cents.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I have 3 .44s but they are all percussion revolvers, not .44 magnum. My only cartridge handguns are semi auto. A 45 ACP and .22 Deep down I want a 20 ga SxS!

Now that is a great gun that I would advise everyone to own...45 ACP. Plenty of bang for the buck...pun intended. Depending on what rounds you buy it can be reasonable, not cheap but, reasonable. Great gun.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only problem with that is you should not practice with something you would not use in application...different results. Test like you fly, and fly what you test I always say, using the 38 rounds for plinking is fun but, if you want to be accurate & ready, shoot both so you know the difference. Just my 2 cents.
Some truth to that,but managing the recoil is the onlu difference. It won't be make any difference on the first shot.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I need help. I seem to be inclined tord a 44. I don't mind a kick, I need efficiency.

Do you know what that caliber was designed to shoot? Medium to large North American game. I realize Dirty Harry is an icon, but make sure you really need it.

If it is just a toy, have fun. :)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you know what that caliber was designed to shoot? Medium to large North American game. I realize Dirty Harry is an icon, but make sure you really need it.

If it is just a toy, have fun. :)

If I were spending time in a woods that might have bear or wild hogs I wouldn't mind a .44 Mag strapped to my hip.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I were spending time in a woods that might have bear or wild hogs I wouldn't mind a .44 Mag strapped to my hip.

I can't argue that point. That is why the cartridge was developed.

1911 vs hogs

He remains one of my favorite youtube channels.