ECT HAVE YOU NOTICED ACTS 2:7-10 ?

DAN P

Hi to all , and has anyone noticed that when TONGUES were used in Acts 2:7-10 that the 14 spoke in KNOWN LANGUAGES and those that were their heard their OWN Language !

So , when we see anyone speak in a Tongues , why don't we understand them as a Language ?

Know one understands it to be a Language , do you ??

They did not need an INTERPRETER !!

After Joel 2:28 was PARTIALLY FULFILLED , why Tongues ??

Why did they need an Interpreter AFTER Pentecost ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi to all , and has anyone noticed that when TONGUES were used in Acts 2:7-10 that the 14 spoke in KNOWN LANGUAGES and those that were their heard their OWN Language !

So , when we see anyone speak in a Tongues , why don't we understand them as a Language ?

dan p

I always try to observe recurrent patterns in things.

If you listen to the supposed tongues of people; their vowels and consonants are consistent with their own, everyday language.

For example, in Spanish, the H is silent, as in their word for "man" - Hombre.

In Italian, many words beginning with the letter C, are pronounced in a CH sound.

In this, if their so called tongues are angelic, divine, or what have you, then one might as well say that these people are speaking an unknown tongue in their own native accent, not in the accent of whatever their supposed tongues of angels is.

Kind of like saying "God healed me, see; now I can walk with this crutch; whereas before, I had not been able to walk at all."

In this, even a child knows better - even a child knows that "God don't make no junk!"

Danoh

Hi and the Matthew through Revelation are witten in Greek and people like Peter were all Un-learned !!

dan p

Must be why Peter wrote 1 and 2 Peter in Greek, and so on.

You must have bought into the myth as to why God supposedly chose Paul given his education over those supposedly simple fishermen.

Fact is, He was proving something through both. In this, all thirteen were very special to Him.

Neither a lacking in, nor a fullness of, education matters, "but faith: which worketh by love."

Get away from the Greek a bit - get back to the Scripture.

DAN P

Mu
Get away from the Greek a bit - get back to the Scripture.

Hi , and I was going to ask you to come to this forum as that other forum was dying when Terral departed from it .

I learn more from studying the Tenses , Voices and Moods and why I saw that and HELPED to PROVES that the 12 are out of the Body of Christ , in Gal 3;28 , Sorry , and many preachers have a tough time proving Acts 9 position !!

So you believe I have left the Scriptures ? Give an Example !!

dan p

Last edited:

False Prophet

They say to Jesus, "Did we not work miracles and prophesy with mighty works in our name?" and Jesus says to them, "Depart from me you workers of lawlessness!"

DAN P

Danoh;4342798 Get away from the Greek a bit - get back to the Scripture.[/QUOTE said:
Hi and I did not use Greek tenses in Acts 2:7 as there 6 verb tenses in verse 7 and two are in the Inperfect Tense !

Two verb Tense in verse 8 !

One verb tense in verse 9 in the Persent Tense and they help explain what you are reading .

No Verb tenses in Acts 15:11 and in many others !!

dan p

Red_Dirt

dan p
-----------------------
Acts 2:14 Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice and said unto them, ....
What does the 14 mean, here? My understanding is eleven.
-----------------------
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The native language of the disciples was Galilean. On this day, filled with the Holy Spirit, the disciples addressed the multitudes each in their own tongue, (Acts 2:6,) or, every man heard in his own tongue, (Acts 2:8.)
This event, the descent of the Holy Ghost, the appearance of the cloven tongues like of fire, and the speaking in other tongues is known as "The Miracle of Pentecost.
----------------------
As prophesied, the Comforter was sent. Acts 2:38 very important in this narrative, as it is believed that this is the fulfillment of prophesy and the start of the Covenant, "Repent, be baptized for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost." said to be the day the Body of Christ was formally initiated.
-----------------------------
Examples of the faithful speaking in tongues in worship, filled with the Holy Ghost, are something different from this historic event on Pentecost Sunday. Should not be thought to be the same. From my experience, those utterances are not understood in a particular language, or more than one. Agree? Disagree?
---------------------------------

DAN P

-----------------------
Acts 2:14 Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice and said unto them, ....
What does the 14 mean, here? My understanding is eleven.
-----------------------
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
The native language of the disciples was Galilean. On this day, filled with the Holy Spirit, the disciples addressed the multitudes each in their own tongue, (Acts 2:6,) or, every man heard in his own tongue, (Acts 2:8.)
This event, the descent of the Holy Ghost, the appearance of the cloven tongues like of fire, and the speaking in other tongues is known as "The Miracle of Pentecost.
----------------------
As prophesied, the Comforter was sent. Acts 2:38 very important in this narrative, as it is believed that this is the fulfillment of prophesy and the start of the Covenant, "Repent, be baptized for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost." said to be the day the Body of Christ was formally initiated.
-----------------------------
Examples of the faithful speaking in tongues in worship, filled with the Holy Ghost, are something different from this historic event on Pentecost Sunday. Should not be thought to be the same. From my experience, those utterances are not understood in a particular language, or more than one. Agree? Disagree?
---------------------------------

Hi and what happened at Pentecost i\will happen again during the Great Tribulation and I grew up in a Pentecostal Church and it was scariy for me !

I always questioned salvation !!

Please noticed that the last verb in Acts 2 :38 , " shall receive " is in the Greek Future Tense !!

Why is that ??

dan p

DAN P

-----------------------
[I
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance./QUOTE]

Hi , and NOTICE that the Greek Article " THE " is not in the Greek text for Acts 2:4 !!

Do you know why ?

And many books have been written on the Greek Article " THE ".

DAN P

Red_Dirt

--------------------
Hi and what happened at Pentecost will happen again during the Great Tribulation and I grew up in a Pentecostal Church and it was scary for me !
I think you are seeing the same thing I am seeing. For example, when Jesus Christ comes to touch the repentant heart for salvation, he comes quickly, as is said like a thief in the night. Doesn't that have a familiar ring to it, as in the statement, it is not for us to know the hour and time, (of the Second Coming.)
-----------------------
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
This, I think, is the promise of God, that if we repent and be baptized, we shall then receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Keep the agreement, and the still, small, voice will be with you always. The gift of the Holy Ghost.
---------------------
No, I don't understand that use of the article "the." I'm not sure I understand the question. "As the spirit gave them utterance." Is that it?

DAN P

--------------------
Hi and what happened at Pentecost will happen again during the Great Tribulation and I grew up in a Pentecostal Church and it was scary for me !
I think you are seeing the same thing I am seeing. For example, when Jesus Christ comes to touch the repentant heart for salvation, he comes quickly, as is said like a thief in the night. Doesn't that have a familiar ring to it, as in the statement, it is not for us to know the hour and time, (of the Second Coming.)
-----------------------
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
This, I think, is the promise of God, that if we repent and be baptized, we shall then receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Keep the agreement, and the still, small, voice will be with you always. The gift of the Holy Ghost.
---------------------
No, I don't understand that use of the article "the." I'm not sure I understand the question. "As the spirit gave them utterance." Is that it?

Hi and the Greek aricle is written 24 different ways and always POINTS to a specific thing 1

The reason it is the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT asnd not the INDWELLING OF THE holy spirit is because of John 7:39 !!

As I have said , there are some books written that take you step by step showing why the Greek Article is important !!

dan p

Red_Dirt

Very well. The Spirit then and the Holy Ghost are not one and the same. As John says the Spirit is that which they who believe on Him should receive; but the Holy Ghost was not yet given. At Pentecost, Jesus had met the requirement, that is, he had ascended, and the Holy Ghost was given to the twelve, who baptized on that day three thousand.
Thanks for the comments.

DAN P

Very well. The Spirit then and the Holy Ghost are not one and the same. As John says the Spirit is that which they who believe on Him should receive; but the Holy Ghost was not yet given. At Pentecost, Jesus had met the requirement, that is, he had ascended, and the Holy Ghost was given to the twelve, who baptized on that day three thousand.
Thanks for the comments.

Hi had it written and my computer crashed and am writing again !

The promise from the Father was the POWER of the Holy Spirit , in Acts 1:5 and as John 20:22 says .

After Jesus is GLORIFIED , AS WRITTEN IN John 7:39 , then all can be Indwelleth by the Holy Spirit and not until then !!

dan p

Red_Dirt

Acts 1:5 is the promise of the miracle of the Pentecost. The promise was made after He had shown Himself for 40 days, and ascended. He was arrested the night of the Passover, executed, and resurrected three days later. As the celebration of the Jewish Holy Days lasted for 50 days, that meant his promise in Acts 1:5 and in Acts 1:8 referred to the miracle of the Pentecost, which was to take place in about a week.

When John comments in John 7:39 that is consistent with the promise of the Holy Ghost, but only upon the ascension, or glorification, made good in the upper chamber on the final day of the Jewish High Holy Days. The Spirit was with they who believed on Jesus.

He kept the promise, which was that the disciples would receive the power, after which the Holy Ghost would come upon them, thereby ordaining them to witness The Gospel to the corners of the earth, perform miracles in His name, build the church.
This is why that day is considered by some to have been the birthday of the Body of Christ. Prior to that event, evangelists, disciples, converts, and believers acted as individuals directed by the Holy Spirit, as I would suppose to phrase it. After that miraculous event, the Body of Christ was One Body, each having received the Holy Ghost as the Promise and Covenant of Baptism, Repentance, having taken upon themselves the name of Jesus, the Way.

The rest, as they say, is history.

DAN P

Acts 1:5 is the promise of the miracle of the Pentecost. The promise was made after He had shown Himself for 40 days, and ascended. He was arrested the night of the Passover, executed, and resurrected three days later. As the celebration of the Jewish Holy Days lasted for 50 days, that meant his promise in Acts 1:5 and in Acts 1:8 referred to the miracle of the Pentecost, which was to take place in about a week.

When John comments in John 7:39 that is consistent with the promise of the Holy Ghost, but only upon the ascension, or glorification, made good in the upper chamber on the final day of the Jewish High Holy Days. The Spirit was with they who believed on Jesus.

He kept the promise, which was that the disciples would receive the power, after which the Holy Ghost would come upon them, thereby ordaining them to witness The Gospel to the corners of the earth, perform miracles in His name, build the church.
This is why that day is considered by some to have been the birthday of the Body of Christ. Prior to that event, evangelists, disciples, converts, and believers acted as individuals directed by the Holy Spirit, as I would suppose to phrase it. After that miraculous event, the Body of Christ was One Body, each having received the Holy Ghost as the Promise and Covenant of Baptism, Repentance, having taken upon themselves the name of Jesus, the Way.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Hi and where do you find the words " body of Christ " in the book of Acts ??

dan p

Red_Dirt

Hello, Dan P.

That's a common theological position. May not be the position of many a church represented on this forum. Thanks for the comment.

--------------------------

Body of Christ

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

See also:

1 Corinthians 12:12-14

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/12-27.htm

1 Corinthians 12:27

Additional source: The Body of Christ

In Christian theology, the term Body of Christ has two separate connotations: it may refer to Jesus's statement about the Eucharist at the Last Supper that "This is my body" in Luke 22:19-20, or the explicit usage of the term by the Apostle Paul in I Corinthians to refer to the Christian Church.

Although in general usage the term "Body of Christ" may refer to Christ's body in the spiritual realm, the other two distinct usages are prominent theological issues. For some Christians, such as Roman Catholics, the term may refer to the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. For a larger segment of Christians, including Catholics and some Protestants, it may instead or also refer to the Christian Church as a group of believers, as used in the Pauline epistles. The use of the phrase "mystical body" emphasizes the spiritual essence or sacramental character that characterizes the group of believers.

DAN P

Hello, Dan P.

That's a common theological position. May not be the position of many a church represented on this forum. Thanks for the comment.

--------------------------

Body of Christ

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

See also:

1 Corinthians 12:12-14

http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/12-27.htm

1 Corinthians 12:27

Additional source: The Body of Christ

In Christian theology, the term Body of Christ has two separate connotations: it may refer to Jesus's statement about the Eucharist at the Last Supper that "This is my body" in Luke 22:19-20, or the explicit usage of the term by the Apostle Paul in I Corinthians to refer to the Christian Church.

Although in general usage the term "Body of Christ" may refer to Christ's body in the spiritual realm, the other two distinct usages are prominent theological issues. For some Christians, such as Roman Catholics, the term may refer to the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist. For a larger segment of Christians, including Catholics and some Protestants, it may instead or also refer to the Christian Church as a group of believers, as used in the Pauline epistles. The use of the phrase "mystical body" emphasizes the spiritual essence or sacramental character that characterizes the group of believers.

Hi and Luke 22:19-20 has NOTHING to do with 1 Cor 12:13 !!

dan p

Red_Dirt

For understanding of the Miracle of Pentacost, the descent of the Holy Ghost, and the miracle of speaking in tongues, understandable to all in their own language, consult Book of Acts chapters one and two.
Bottom line, do not confuse the miracle of The Pentecost with talking in tongues as portrayed by Rev. Falwell and the Pentecostals. They may be, but are not necessarily the same.

Discussion seems to be going in circles. Tone appears impatient. Kindly requesting permission to gracefully exit this thread and move on to another topic. Stay in the Word, Dan P. and nice chatting with you.