Heat Pumps Are Garbage

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
My house up here in Alabama has a heat pump and setting at 82 degrees, it feels as cold as my refrigerator. The only way to get it to put out heat is set it very high and get the electric coils to come on.

I had it checked and it does have a slow leak, but I had it charged up last week. They added that free on

The only way to get the house warmed up is to set it very high and then turn it down until it gets low comfortable, then set it high again. It is like heating the house with electric heat.

This year the electric bill is going to be around $500 a month. After Christmas. I am going down to Florida where I have gas heat and just cook the place, Hope on one complains?

I want to sell the big ole house this spring and sell the condo, then buy something in Naples at any price where I can live out my last years warm, little winter, I hate winter and always did hate it, but it never made me so ill before.

If I had to be out in New York weather, I'd be dead in ten minutes!

When I was a young child, I believe Heaven was a place without any winter!:mmph:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kat,

Come on over to the state next to the Land of Enchantment, Arizona. ;)

The Phoenix metro area is just the climate you need.

temp.png

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Arizona/Phoenix/

AMR

meshak

BANNED
Banned
five hundred dollar bill!

I don't blame you moving to warm place.

Are you preparing now?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Kat,

Come on over to the state next to the Land of Enchantment, Arizona. ;)

The Phoenix metro area is just the climate you need.

temp.png

http://www.rssweather.com/climate/Arizona/Phoenix/

AMR

I thought about it. One thing is, my furniture, it is nice stuff, but the cost for moving it to Arizona would be not worth it. It would make more sense to have an agent sell it all and just move into a furnished retail, then buy a place and get new furniture.

Nothing grows out there so, no lawn work. I could buy a house? Just a small one would do for me.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
five hundred dollar bill!

I don't blame you moving to warm place.

Are you preparing now?

Not if I had to move my belongings. This house is packed with furniture because e where I lived before was in a much larger house. My house would sell for more money if empty even if I had all the furniture sold off in an auction.

Down to Florida, I cold take my livingroom set and two bedroom sets with me, then auction off the rest.

houses sell best when empty

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I thought about it. One thing is, my furniture, it is nice stuff, but the cost for moving it to Arizona would be not worth it. It would make more sense to have an agent sell it all and just move into a furnished retail, then buy a place and get new furniture.

Nothing grows out there so, no lawn work. I could buy a house? Just a small one would do for me.
Arizona is close to Las Vegas and Texas, climate wise.

Winter will get quite cold even though they hardly get snow. you are right about plants. We don't have rich or fertile soil like cold places.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Arizona is close to Las Vegas and Texas, climate wise.

Winter will get quite cold even though they hardly get snow. you are right about plants. We don't have rich or fertile soil like cold places.

It would be too far from my family, which is centered in Louisiana and some Southeast Atlanta and Carolina.

The truth is I am no longer the centre of the family, my son in Atlanta and two daughters are now the centre.

They would be most likely to go to Naples in winter, but not really Texas and Arizona. Also, Arizona is so hot in summer I would have to use more air conditioning there and air conditioners make me ill.

It has to be Florida and I am now willing to blow lots of dough to be there. My kids might use it, or they can sell it when I am gone. It would be a good investment because in ten areas their will be no more real nice places in the town itself.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It would be too far from my family, which is centered in Louisiana and some Southeast Atlanta and Carolina.

The truth is I am no longer the centre of the family, my son in Atlanta and two daughters are now the centre.

They would be most likely to go to Naples in winter, but not really Texas and Arizona. Also, Arizona is so hot in summer I would have to use more air conditioning there and air conditioners make me ill.

It has to be Florida and I am now willing to blow lots of dough to be there. My kids might use it, or they can sell it when I am gone. It would be a good investment because in ten areas their will be no more real nice places in the town itself.

Florida wheather is mild all year long?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Florida wheather is mild all year long?

Last year, on another forum they had some from Miami count the day from January fist to the first 80 degree day and it was on the 8th!

Key West s the warmist in the US no winter and tropical.

Naples is just a bit ci=older with winter days usually in the 70s.

Arizona and parts of California do get high 70s and some 80 defgree days, but the night can go below 50 degrees.

South Florida is a warmest year around state for day and night.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Last year, on another forum they had some from Miami count the day from January fist to the first 80 degree day and it was on the 8th!

Key West s the warmist in the US no winter and tropical.

Naples is just a bit ci=older with winter days usually in the 70s.

Arizona and parts of California do get high 70s and some 80 defgree days, but the night can go below 50 degrees.

South Florida is a warmest year around state for day and night.

Ok, thanks. That's what I thought.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
good to know:)

Heat pumps. as they are called run like air conditioners in reverse and might warm home thirty degrees in very mild climates. People who cab take 70 degree temperature might get by on them in Alabama and other southern parts of the USA, but they do not handle a 50, or 60 degree out hot air it is more like warm air.e change from outdoor temperature.,they do not

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Just be careful. According to media, Florida is one of the most highest crime rate.

Naples has gated communities which are expensive, but the city is very wealthy and low in crime. One can find that in Miami but the cost is over one million dollars on a condo.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Naples has gated communities which are expensive, but the city is very wealthy and low in crime. One can find that in Miami but the cost is over one million dollars on a condo.

Is it affordable even in wealthy neighborhood like Naples?