Hello

DLH

Hello, everyone. My name is David and I enjoy Biblical discussion and debate. Though I've never been a part of any organized religion and never will be, I am a believer in the Bible. I guess you could say that my beliefs are very similar to that of the Jehovah's Witnesses, but again, I'm not one of them. I believe in the Bible without the mainstream, traditional apostate teachings. Those being the immortal soul from Socrates, trinity from Plato, hell from Dante and Milton, the cross from Constantine, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations and later Dickens, rapture from Darby and Easter from the celebrations of the fertility goddess Astarte. All ancient Babylonian teachings introduced later, mostly from Greek philosophy. In Jewish thinking from the influence of Alexander the Great after 332 BCE and in Christian thinking after Constantine the Great in 325 CE.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to our neck of the woods.

Familiarize yourself with our Rules. We don't moderate too heavily as long as you don't post blasphemy or make unfounded accusations against members. :)

Right Divider

Body part
I guess you could say that my beliefs are very similar to that of the Jehovah's Witnesses, but again, I'm not one of them. I believe in the Bible without the mainstream, traditional apostate teachings. Those being the immortal soul from Socrates, trinity from Plato, hell from Dante and Milton, the cross from Constantine, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations and later Dickens, rapture from Darby and Easter from the celebrations of the fertility goddess Astarte. All ancient Babylonian teachings introduced later, mostly from Greek philosophy. In Jewish thinking from the influence of Alexander the Great after 332 BCE and in Christian thinking after Constantine the Great in 325 CE.
Sounds like you have a lot of problems with what the Bible says, but welcome anyway.

DLH

Welcome to our neck of the woods.

Familiarize yourself with our Rules. We don't moderate too heavily as long as you don't post blasphemy or make unfounded accusations against members. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I've read the rules and see no problem there. I've spent over a quarter of a century on atheist online forums debating the Bible and they can be extremely ambiguous regarding their rules and tolerance or lack thereof. Hopefully that isn't the case with Christian forums. Blasphemy, for example, could be subjective, but truly I tell you, should there be confusion there based upon interpretation I'm not inclined to press the matter and, seeing unnecessary controversy looming on the horizon I would rather gracefully bow out. We're not going to change one another's minds and to attempt to do so would be a product of ego more than anything.

Mind you, it isn't that I'm not willing to discuss and debate our differences, but I don't think that there is much point in beating them into the ground.