HELP WANTED: TOL might add a new SUPER MODERATOR

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK we (at TOL) might add another supermoderator to to our great staff.

The candidate that would best fit the part would....

- Be a TOL subscriber (silver or GOLD level). We want the new staff member to have a vested interest in TheologyOnLine.

- Be of like-minded theology (or at least close). :D

- Have EXCELLENT people skills.

- Have good problem solving skills. We need to have a mod that can smooth the wrinkles (if ya know what I mean).

- Have a level head (not easily excited).

- Have ability to create and or size image files

- Have HIGH level knowledge of vBulletin (the software that TOL runs on).

- Be energetic and possibly run contests like "TOL Survivor" which I never had time to finish.

- Have time to devote to TOL on a daily basis.

Other helpful skills....
Working knowledge of PHP, MySQL, HTML

Left wingers need not apply. :D

Basically I am looking for another me! We will be asking this new Supermoderator to become a much larger part of TOL than all the moderators to date. I am having a difficult time keeping up with a TOL that is growing rapidly, I NEED HELP!! :help:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, Knight!

Maybe you should combine mine and Tye's offers and make 2 half-super moderators. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tye Porter
What did you offer? How can i help you, Nori?

:D I PMd Knight and told him that although I don't know the software, I'm willing to learn it if he needs help. And, I'm upgrading to a gold membership in September anyway. I look at it this way: you have the tech skills needed and I have the people skills needed. Together, we'd make a good team as a super moderator team. What do you think?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As Soon as I pass your post count, IF I ever do, then you can be my assistant! Until then, I am at your service, Ma'am.

You're welcome to pass my post count anytime you want, Sir. I'm not worried about it. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll tell you what, You tell me what you, as Super Moderator, need me to do, to help you, as Super Moderator, and if I am able, I will help.
I am sure that we can learn how to use this software within a few weeks. As far as memberships, I was planning to upgrade mine too.
That reminds me, Knight, I was gonna pm ya, how do you up the package?

Well, right now, I'm teaching myself to create images (what a pitb that is!). I know how to resize some images. I'm learning html. I don't know vBulletin, PHP, or MySQL. The people stuff is easy. As is the spending time on TOL. Right now, there's only one day a week that I'm not on all day (Thursdays; I sign on in the evening) and one day a month when I don't sign on at all (payday; I have to pay my bills sometime).

There are very few situations here that I haven't been able to handle emotionally and I think I was just caught on a bad day because after a few days, I calm myself down. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm on 24/7, and every thing but the vBcode, and all that other code (could we enlist Holly and her notepad?) everything else is a breeze to me. I can help you learn (provide a copy of) photoshop 6, and just about anything else you need. But I'll leave all the social skillz required stuff to you.
When you need to punish em, or take action, come get me, i'll take care of it for you. Otherwise, leave me to the other stuff, and i'll be happy.

:chuckle: Now, if we can get Knight to agree. :chuckle:

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
WAIT!!!!
i have an idea, Nori...
I am only a few miles form Knights place.
I have no life.
Maybe i'll talk him into a few weeks of day lessons.
A few hours each day, 5 days a week.
I'll bring one of my laptops over, and work with him.
Then, You can be the "people person"
and i can be your computer geek.
Just what the guy wants.
Whatcha think?

If Knight agrees with it, I'm fine with that. :D I want to make sure that TOL runs as smoothly, if not more, as it has up til now.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the first website that I've felt a need to help support financially. To me, TOL's another ministry. I'd love to see the way they helped me continue on for others, whether I'm a super moderator or not. :D

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's what I meant, :spam:King. :D Well, I have to call it a night. I had a really long day today. I spent the whole day driving my mom around. I'm fighting to keep my eyes open. See you tomorrow.

Crow

Nori, Tye, or Jack would all be great! All three help make this place a great place to post.:thumb:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Nori and Tye....

You both do so much already and I am very appreciative of that. Most of what I need at this point is pretty technical and isn't something you can just learn in a couple weeks. In fact I would prefer someone who knew more about this stuff than I do that way maybe we can make TOL even better!

There is no rush on this and I might just keep things as they are if I can't find a person with the needed skills and people skills.

drbrumley

Well, I wouldn't mind doing it. Only problem though is how much time is required. I do work and have family life, so there's my time. But I am on as much as I can possibly be.

So, how much time is required to be a super mod anyway?

In Christ,
DRBrumley

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by drbrumley
Well, I wouldn't mind doing it. Only problem though is how much time is required. I do work and have family life, so there's my time. But I am on as much as I can possibly be.

So, how much time is required to be a super mod anyway?

In Christ,
DRBrumley
With normal moderating not much time is required.

However, in this case we are looking for someone that can devote much more time to the cause.

Thanks for the offer!!!

drbrumley

Is there a paycheck involved? LOL!

And, Knight, what exactly do you mean when you say,"In fact I would prefer someone who knew more about this stuff than I do that way maybe we can make TOL even better!" What kind of stuff are we talking about?

Thank you for your response.

In Christ,
DRBrumley

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by drbrumley
Is there a paycheck involved? LOL!

And, Knight, what exactly do you mean when you say,"In fact I would prefer someone who knew more about this stuff than I do that way maybe we can make TOL even better!" What kind of stuff are we talking about?

Thank you for your response.

In Christ,
DRBrumley
:ha: LOL... no pay check... in fact we want a person who is willing to invest in the cause of TOL (like you do already).

We would like someone with a high level of computer skills. Someone who knows vBulletin PHP script inside and out that could possibly trouble shoot or install hacks and updates. Someone who has a good working knowledge of PHP, MySQL and HTML would also be a huge plus!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, if i thought it was something i could be taught, or a class i could take, I have the time, and would gladly assist you in any way you felt i could help.
Keep the title of moderator, and pass any work i can help you with, my way.
Thats a very thoughful offer! :up:

lucybelle

TOL Princess
ouch...
Just a minute Tye- I may be a Princess- but I'm also a big, tough girl. I tie my own shoes and everything...
If there is no need to a mod then so be it- but I think I'd be pretty good- and heck- I'm on here enough...