Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shammahbn

Hi. My name is Shammah, and I live at a place called Rose Creek Village in west Tennessee. I am married with six children between ages 6 and 18. I'm a bookkeeper and a Bible teacher. I'm an avid reader of the early Christian writings, and I teach and do seminars on the 2nd century church pretty often.

I look forward to holding discussions with y'all.

I'm not from Tennessee originally, but I've found the y'all very useful. It's as nice to be able to distinguish between you and y'all as it is to distinguish between I and we or he and they. You'll find out it's pretty important in the Bible, too. For example, it matters that Matthew 5:16 and 1 Jn. 2:27 use plural you's. We tend to understand them as singular you's, but it's really "y'all" in both those verses.

Shammah

Last edited by a moderator:

The Graphite

For some time, I have bewailed the English language's loss of the word "ye," which was our own 2nd person plural term, ie. "y'all."

Who'd-a thunk it? Southern "y'all" is a grammatically superior language construct than mainstream English? Perhaps we should just replace "ye" with "y'all" universally!

Can you just imagine Jesus saying something like, "Preach the gospel to the nations, y'all! Now, git!" :eek:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome, y'all. :D

:noid: What? There are eight represented, right?

The Berean

Hi. My name is Shammah, and I live at a place called Rose Creek Village in west Tennessee. I am married with six children between ages 6 and 18. I'm a bookkeeper and a Bible teacher. I'm an avid reader of the early Christian writings, and I teach and do seminars on the 2nd century church pretty often.

I look forward to holding discussions with y'all.

I'm not from Tennessee originally, but I've found the y'all very useful. It's as nice to be able to distinguish between you and y'all as it is to distinguish between I and we or he and they. You'll find out it's pretty important in the Bible, too. For example, it matters that Matthew 5:16 and 1 Jn. 2:27 use plural you's. We tend to understand them as singular you's, but it's really "y'all" in both those verses.

Shammah
Cool! An Appalachian-American has joined TOL! :banana: Welcome to TOL. :wave2:

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL. :wave: .. My mom will be beside herself knowing the ya'll could possibly be Biblically correct. ;)

shammahbn

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks, everyone. We've been going through some big business changes, so I was doing two jobs at once for a week. I didn't have any brain cells left to post with.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Per admin, I'll quit using my URL in my signature. It's been a habit for a while.

Shammah

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks, everyone. We've been going through some big business changes, so I was doing two jobs at once for a week. I didn't have any brain cells left to post with.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Per admin, I'll quit using my URL in my signature. It's been a habit for a while.

Shammah
When you get promoted to registered PLUS you can add a signature with a link in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.