Homeschool statistics

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They do better than that...they give the impression that k-12 it's a done deal and markedly so. It isn't. It is, as I noted, a lion that turns into a mouse by the end of the run. That is, the impression they leave one with, absent further examination, is inaccurate...or maybe they weren't home schooled in statistics. :think:

The statistical presentation looks fine. They simply have not prepared something that is addressing the things you think are important. They have addressed issues they think are important. You happen to be over reacting and bringing in other reports (of theirs) that cover exactly what you propose is a vital issue (that still falls in their favour).

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tt might be something of a deal if the averages weren't around twenty. As it is...not so much. :nono:

:squint: And you're suggesting others don't have a grasp on statistical analysis? Two points might well be a very significant difference, regardless of the mean. The crucial factor is not the mean, it is the sample sizes.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The statistical presentation looks fine. They simply have not prepared something that is addressing the things you think are important.
:think: It's important to anyone given the whole point is education (and results). I mean, that's what they're stressing.

They have addressed issues they think are important.
They aren't addressing a separate issue. They're proclaiming the educational value of home schooling, but they aren't really telling you what that value is by year twelve, though they're apparently okay with giving you the impression it's an impressive distinction when, by that end point it really isn't. :nono:

You happen to be over reacting
Rather, you're being an over the top apologist for an idea that isn't even being attacked. :D

and bringing in other reports (of theirs) that cover exactly what you propose is a vital issue (that still falls in their favour).
Marginally in their favor and in a way that calls into question the value of their program in those last few years, as I noted.

:squint: And you're suggesting others don't have a grasp on statistical analysis?
You don't do dry then...:plain:

Two points might well be a very significant difference, regardless of the mean. The crucial factor is not the mean, it is the sample sizes.
I'd say the important thing is the edge for entrance into higher education that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful sense. :e4e:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: It's important to anyone given the whole point is education (and results). I mean, that's what they're stressing. They aren't addressing a separate issue. They're proclaiming the educational value of home schooling, but they aren't really telling you what that value is by year twelve, though they're apparently okay with giving you the impression it's an impressive distinction when, by that end point it really isn't. :nono:

The research you provided showed a year 12 advantage to homeschooling! I can see no sense in a charge of misinformation or lack of information or whatever it is you're trying to say. You're just over reacting.

Rather, you're being an over the top apologist for an idea that isn't even being attacked. :D

So, there's nothing wrong with the presentation then?

Marginally in their favor and in a way that calls into question the value of their program in those last few years, as I noted.

So there is something wrong with the presentation then?

You don't do dry then...:plain:
Your humour was noted. Your analysis, flawed.

I'd say the important thing is the edge for entrance into higher education that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful sense.

2 points closer is 2 points closer. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The research you provided showed a year 12 advantage to homeschooling! I can see no sense in a charge of misinformation or lack of information or whatever it is you're trying to say. You're just over reacting.
And you're wrong, you over reaching apologist you. :D

It attempts and succeeds in giving the impression in that sweeping generalization that is absent in the more particular examination. That's important if your goal is giving your child the greatest educational advantage you can. If your goal is something else...

So, there's nothing wrong with the presentation then?
You only home schooled those last few years, eh? :eek: I'll say this for it...it looks great. Very well, if misleadingly, put together.

So there is something wrong with the presentation then?
Depends on what you value.

Your humour was noted. Your analysis, flawed.
Nah. You're just a well intentioned version of our old "my country right or wrong" crowd. But you're protecting an idea that runs counter to the purpose of any schooling.

2 points closer is 2 points closer. :idunno:
Closer to what? It won't make a difference in admission where it's falling...but you miss the real point made, which is to alert anyone interested in education first (and not support of either a home school or public school agenda) that their best bet at making the most substantive contribution to their children's educations is found in a hybrid, taking that earlier and undeniable edge and building on it later with appropriate and trained professionals.

:e4e: