how and when did Paul receive the holy spirit ?

DAN P

And many believe that the body of Christ began in Acts 2 , 9 , 13 and in 28 .

I say it began in acts 9 !!

someone had to be first and it was Paul .

what say you ?

dan p
Just read 1 Cor 12:3 reads , that no one is able to say Lord Jesus except by the Holy Spirit , shows how important the Greek word KYRIOS / LORD really is !!

This is when Saul received Power of Holy Spirit !!

Notice also the the definite article ( the ) is not used in Acts 10:17!!

I mean it is not in the Greek text .

dan p

Bradley D

"And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized" (Acts 9:17-18).

DAN P

"And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” Immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized" (Acts 9:17-18).
And , just how are interpreting ( be filled with the Holy Spirit ) means >

I say that the Greek definite article ( the ) is not in the Greek text and that changes what Saul was filled with !!

It can read , filled with the indwelling Holy Spirit or filled with the power of Holy Spirit !

What say you ?

dan p

Bradley D

And , just how are interpreting ( be filled with the Holy Spirit ) means >

I say that the Greek definite article ( the ) is not in the Greek text and that changes what Saul was filled with !!

It can read , filled with the indwelling Holy Spirit or filled with the power of Holy Spirit !

What say you ?

dan p
And if "with the" were added. How does that change when Paul received the Holy Spirit?

[with the] Holy
Ἁγίου (Hagiou)
Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 40: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred. From hagos; sacred.

DAN P

And if "with the" were added. How does that change when Paul received the Holy Spirit?

[with the] Holy
Ἁγίου (Hagiou)
Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular
Strong's 40: Set apart by (or for) God, holy, sacred. From hagos; sacred.
And if you add the Greek word ( the ) it changes the meaning to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit .

If you take out the definite article ( the ) than the meaning means the Power of Holy Spirit .

Bullinger has a book called The Giver and His Gifts , over 200 pages explaining what the Greek ( the ) means .

So , from Acts 9:18 Ananias laid hands , Sauls eyes were opened , immediately and he recovered sight instantly and having stood up he was baptized .

Also notice that when the Lord spoke to Ananias , that he was lay his hand on Saul to recover his sight in Acts 9:12 and saysn nothing about being baptized !

In 1 Cor 12:3 Saul spoke by the power of Holy Spirit !

Are these instances the same ?

They do not same to be the same to me ?

What say you ?

dan p

Last edited: