Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

[Howard Dean] looks like he has a two by four shoved down the back of his shirt into his pants and it's bolted into his neck. That's what he looks like to me. Somebody should take a picture of him and put some Frankenstein bolts coming out of his neck.

jande2211

I am curious to know what anyone thinks about Deut 12:30-31 as it applies to Christmas. Seems to me that God made it clear how he wanted to be worshipped, and didn't want to be worshipped as false gods were/are. Can someone explain further or correct? Appreciate it.:confused:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by jande2211
I am curious to know what anyone thinks about Deut 12:30-31 as it applies to Christmas. Seems to me that God made it clear how he wanted to be worshipped, and didn't want to be worshipped as false gods were/are. Can someone explain further or correct? Appreciate it.:confused:
The issue of whether or not it is biblical to celebrate Christmas came up on this show. If you want to read a rebuttal to Bob's position on the subject, TOL poster Hilston has a statement about it HERE

and

HERE

jande2211

Originally posted by Jefferson
The issue of whether or not it is biblical to celebrate Christmas came up on this show. If you want to read a rebuttal to Bob's position on the subject, TOL poster Hilston has a statement about it HERE

and

HERE

I checked those rebuttals and have considered them. But I come to the same conclusion that Christmas is inappropriate not because of what Jefferson said. I wondered, in light of Dt 12:30-31, how I would feel if someone I loved was unfaithful to me, and left me for someone else. And when they came back to me, they wanted to celebrate my birthday the way they celebrated the other person's birthday, and not even on my own birthday. And wanted to do the things with me or for me that was done did with the other person. It would hurt. Doesn't matter that the birthday is just a day and the places to see and things to do were just that, places and things. And I think that is how God feels about Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.