HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Masada

Christians were not made for this earth. The Church was made to be with Christ who is now in heaven. Christians will be given a Spiritual Body and will rule and reign with Christ when He comes back to this earth. The Jews will inherit the earth.

If you are referring to Jesus, he was a Jew and he is now in the grave. There was absolutely no eyewitness to his so-called resurrection. The evidences are in II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14; Isa. 26:14; and Job 10:21. Jesus could not have lived in contradiction with his own Bible aka the Tanacch.

xfrodobagginsx

If you are referring to Jesus, he was a Jew and he is now in the grave. There was absolutely no eyewitness to his so-called resurrection. The evidences are in II Sam. 12:23; II Sam. 14:14; Isa. 26:14; and Job 10:21. Jesus could not have lived in contradiction with his own Bible aka the Tanacch.

There were hundreds of people who were eyewitnesses to the Resurrection.

Mt 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Mt 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
Mr 16:14 ¶ Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. {at meat: or, together}
Lu 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Lu 24:34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.
Lu 24:6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Joh 21:14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
Ac 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. {whom...: or, whom, said he, I preach}
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:20 ¶ But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Jas 1:11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

Ben Masada

There were hundreds of people who were eyewitnesses to the Resurrection.

Mt 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Mt 28:7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
Mr 16:14 ¶ Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen. {at meat: or, together}
Joh 2:22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
Joh 21:14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
Ac 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ. {whom...: or, whom, said he, I preach}
Ro 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:20 ¶ But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
Col 3:1 ¶ If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Jas 1:11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

Sorry Xfrodobaggisx but, absolutely not a single one of the quotes you have quoted above constitutes an evidence from an eyewitness. Perhaps you don't understand the difference between an eyewitness and a witness.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Those books were written by the eyewitnesses to the events.

When the books of the NT were written, Jesus had been long gone. None of the apostles of Jesus wrote a single one of those books. BTW, even the apostles of Jesus were not eyewitnesses of the resurrection of Jesus. Witnesses yes, for having seen him during those 40 days he appeared to them after his passion or sufferings according to Acts 1:3 but, after his passions or sufferings, it is no evidence that he even died on the cross; let alone that he resurrected.

xfrodobagginsx

No they weren't. Anyway so could eyewitness testimony can be very inaccurate when it is talking about less than credible events like those attributed to Jesus.

Yes they were. Eyewitness testimony is used every day in courts of law to prove or disprove innocent or guilty. Also, it's not just the eyewitness testimony of 1, the fact that so many eyewitnesses wrote of these events and that they agree grants credibility to the fact that the Bible is God's word.

KingdomRose

To answer the OP....First let me ask, Why does anyone want to go to heaven? What are you going to do there? Are there things here on Earth that you like to do? Maybe swimming, golf, baseball, caring for pets and other animals, gardening, playing instruments, having sex? And there are thousands of other interests that people have. None of these things can you do in heaven.

If someone said to you, "I know for a fact that you can live forever here on Earth and do everything you love to do, and never be sick, and no one will ever be hateful to you!" Would you like that idea? Be honest. Would you say, "Nahhh I'd rather go to heaven and [do what?]."

Jesus said that the teachable will inherit the earth. (Matt.5:5) Was he bluffing? Was King David having a bad day when he said, "Evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." (Psalm 37:9, KJV)?

Apple7

To answer the OP....First let me ask, Why does anyone want to go to heaven? What are you going to do there? Are there things here on Earth that you like to do? Maybe swimming, golf, baseball, caring for pets and other animals, gardening, playing instruments, having sex? And there are thousands of other interests that people have. None of these things can you do in heaven.

If someone said to you, "I know for a fact that you can live forever here on Earth and do everything you love to do, and never be sick, and no one will ever be hateful to you!" Would you like that idea? Be honest. Would you say, "Nahhh I'd rather go to heaven and [do what?]."

Jesus said that the teachable will inherit the earth. (Matt.5:5) Was he bluffing? Was King David having a bad day when he said, "Evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." (Psalm 37:9, KJV)?

What carnal-minded individuals JW's are!

The same phrase 'inherit land' occurs in Isaiah 60, and refers to Heaven....NOT this physical carnal earth!

Wake up......muslim...

Ben Masada

Good KR! Tell them! I am tired already to tell them that there is no such a thing as heaven as a place to go to. Even Jesus himself implied that heaven is a peaceful state of mind we are supposed to wish it within ourselves or among us if you read Luke 17:21. But no, they want it as a reward to behave well while they live. You know, something like a treat we give to a dog so that he behave well or does something funny.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Good KR! Tell them! I am tired already to tell them that there is no such a thing as heaven as a place to go to. Even Jesus himself implied that heaven is a peaceful state of mind we are supposed to wish it within ourselves or among us if you read Luke 17:21. But no, they want it as a reward to behave well while they live. You know, something like a treat we give to a dog so that he behave well or does something funny.

You're a piece of work Benny !!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Omnipresence.......

Omnipresence.......

What carnal-minded individuals JW's are!

The same phrase 'inherit land' occurs in Isaiah 60, and refers to Heaven....NOT this physical carnal earth!

Wake up......muslim...

The Psalmist and Jesus did speak of the meek and righteous "inheriting the earth". Where do you get the idea that "heaven" is spoken of here? Note as well, that the concept of a 'Millennial' reign is on earth. There will be a 'renewed' earth that the righteous will enjoy as their inheritance. No doubt in the spiritual realm and celestial spheres beyond....that is a more refined spiritual dimension where souls may continue to eternally progress Godward, but don't forget this "earth" is sacred too (His footstool), and is also where the 'kingdom' is realized, this material world. Does not 'God' fill heaven and earth? Is not the earth the Lords and everything in it?

Don't forget, Spirit is not only the source of all, but pervades all. 'God' is omnipresent. Spirit and matter are of the same universal essence, since 'God' is One. We being temples of the Spirit show this to be true, even though at this time physical bodies age and die, but the spirit remains incorruptible.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
seek the best pearls......

seek the best pearls......

Yes,...according to Jesus the kingdom is within/among us, it does not come with physical observation, or a 'sign' necessarily, but is an inward recognition, a realm of consciousness (pure space, pure being) an interior reality.

However,....the term 'heaven' still holds as pointing to the 'pure air or spiritual realm', the dwelling of 'God' which is both immanent and transcendent (pan-en-theistic), so even while on earth we can be "born from above" or "born of the spirit", such being a new birth of consciousness. The kingdom is realized by living by the spirit or law of that kingdom, which is love, in service to one and all. Such is what love/life is about.

False Prophet

Altar calls are first recorded in the Apostolic Faith publication in 1908, so the Pentecostals started the sinner's prayer. Billy Graham made this a standard practice with his crusades.

Status
Not open for further replies.