Humility of faith...

Jamie Gigliotti

Faith/trust takes us away from the self and turns us to God.
"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." (1 Peter 5:5, James 4:6, Proverbs 3:34)
Do you desire His grace? Do you desire humility? How do we do this? Decide to. It is His will; say "Yes Lord". His Spirit convicts, we concede. To what?

Our need of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Confess it; know it, declare it.
1. Our need of His Mercy. God is Holy, we are stained by our sin. Jesus taught us; the Pharisee declared his righteousness the tax collector cried out for mercy. (Luke 18)
2. Our need of His power, His Spirit. We are weak. "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ May rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 & "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness." Galatians 5:22
3. Our need of His love. "So we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him." 1John 4:16
4. Our need of His word, His truth. "If you abide in my word you are truly my disciples, and then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."John 8:31-32
5. Our need of following Jesus' example. "in humility count others more significant than yourselves." As Jesus, "made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by being obedient to the point of death." Phiilipians 2:3, 7-8
6.Our need of reverant awe and worship of Him."I appeal to you therfore brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrafice, holy and acceptable to God which is your spiritual worship." Romans 12:1 And, "Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body, and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God." 2 Corinthians 7:1

It is all about Him.
When we think we are humble enough, that's a good indication we are not. Lord help us surrender to you in humility, more and more, in Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

In humility there is no boasting in ourselves. We act to surrender to Him and His goodness, love and truth shine through us. We boast of Him.

Bradley D

I heard someone once say if I was truly humble I'd be proud of it. Pride heads what they call the "Seven Deadly Sins." For after pride all other sins seem to follow naturally. Someone wrote "humility- a word often misunderstood....it amounts to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we could be." If I am not humble I cannot hear God. I cannot be taught.

Jamie Gigliotti

I heard someone once say if I was truly humble I'd be proud of it. Pride heads what they call the "Seven Deadly Sins." For after pride all other sins seem to follow naturally. Someone wrote "humility- a word often misunderstood....it amounts to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we could be." If I am not humble I cannot hear God. I cannot be taught.
Amen! What God can teach and do with a surrendered life... What could He not do?