ECT Humility

popsthebuilder

Was Christ humble?

Is Christ our example?

How could anyone ever act like GOD is speaking through them to the point of boasting of such,even if it was true seeing as how Jesus the Christ who is over the believer and the head of the believer didn't do such?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Was Christ humble?

Is Christ our example?

How could anyone ever act like GOD is speaking through them to the point of boasting of such,even if it was true seeing as how Jesus the Christ who is over the believer and the head of the believer didn't do such?

excellent thread, thank you my friend.

yes and yes to both questions.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Was Christ humble?

Is Christ our example?

Whose words did Jesus speak? His own?

glorydaz

Was Christ humble?

Is Christ our example?

Truth is never boasting.

He told us many things one might consider boasting if they wanted to accuse Him.

The I AM verses, alone, declare Him to be the Great GOD, I AM.

Exodus 3:14
And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.​

I AM the Bread of Life.
I AM the Light of the World.
I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
I AM the Good Shepherd.
I AM the True Vine
I AM the Resurrection and the Life
I AM the Door

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Truth is never boasting.

He told us many things one might consider boasting if they wanted to accuse Him.

And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.​

I AM the Bread of Life.
I AM the Good Shepherd.
I AM the True Vine
I AM the Door

Nope.

They mean he came out from the great I Am.

popsthebuilder

Truth is never boasting.

I AM the Bread of Life.
I AM the Good Shepherd.
I AM the True Vine
I AM the Door
That is not the focus on this thread. And Jesus never boasted.

nikolai_42

That is not the focus on this thread. And Jesus never boasted.

I guess you'll have to define "boasting", then. In one sense you are absolutely correct - Jesus came not to do His own will, not to speak His own words - but to do that which He saw His Father do and speak that which His Father gave Him to say. He came to bear witness to the truth - not to elevate Himself. But that was because He came for a specific reason. In that sense, He deflected all attempts to be publicly exalted during His earthly ministry. Satan tempted Him in that way, Peter resisted Him in that way and crowds wanted to make Him an earthly king. Yes. He rejected all this. But on the other hand, the claims He made for Himself were outrageous (if they hadn't been true, that is). For anyone else to claim what He did would have been well beyond boasting - it would have been outright blasphemy.

But again, whether Jesus boasted or not is in the broader context of why He came. As has been pointed out, the way He came the first time will not be in the same manner - nor for the same purpose - that he returns bodily to earth.

I guess what I'm saying is - why is the boasting issue important? I'm not saying it isn't, but how would it be wrong for the Creator of all things to boast? It's an entirely different issue with Him than it is with us?

For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:4-6

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:18

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:21-22

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Isaiah 46:9-11

Could Jesus not have justly said all these things? Would that have been boasting? Was it boasting when said through Isaiah?

Again...my question is what do you mean by boasting and what is the import of that? Your OP sentence runs on a little and is a bit hard to understand (clearly, that is). Explain what you mean by boasting and why you believe Jesus never boasted.

popsthebuilder

I guess you'll have to define "boasting", then. In one sense you are absolutely correct - Jesus came not to do His own will, not to speak His own words - but to do that which He saw His Father do and speak that which His Father gave Him to say. He came to bear witness to the truth - not to elevate Himself. But that was because He came for a specific reason. In that sense, He deflected all attempts to be publicly exalted during His earthly ministry. Satan tempted Him in that way, Peter resisted Him in that way and crowds wanted to make Him an earthly king. Yes. He rejected all this. But on the other hand, the claims He made for Himself were outrageous (if they hadn't been true, that is). For anyone else to claim what He did would have been well beyond boasting - it would have been outright blasphemy.

But again, whether Jesus boasted or not is in the broader context of why He came. As has been pointed out, the way He came the first time will not be in the same manner - nor for the same purpose - that he returns bodily to earth.

I guess what I'm saying is - why is the boasting issue important? I'm not saying it isn't, but how would it be wrong for the Creator of all things to boast? It's an entirely different issue with Him than it is with us?

For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:4-6

For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
Isaiah 45:18

Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:21-22

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

Isaiah 46:9-11

Could Jesus not have justly said all these things? Would that have been boasting? Was it boasting when said through Isaiah?

Again...my question is what do you mean by boasting and what is the import of that? Your OP sentence runs on a little and is a bit hard to understand (clearly, that is). Explain what you mean by boasting and why you believe Jesus never boasted.
Good question. It is very important; if the Holy Temple and Christ of GOD did not boast and was wholly humble to the point of the death on the cross and He is our Lord and to will live in the hearts of the believers then how much more important is it for us to keep humility at the forefront of our thoughts words and deeds? Is Christ not the head of the body? Is the head of Christ not GOD?

peace

Last edited:

nikolai_42

Good question. It is very important; if the Holy Temple and Christ of GOD did not boast and was wholly humble to the point of the death on the cross and He is our Lord and to will live in the hearts of the believers then how much more important is it for us to keep humility at the forefront of our thoughts words and deeds? Is Christ not the head of the body? Is the head of Christ not GOD?

peace

So do you mean this :

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:1-11

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Good question. It is very important;

Yes it is. But it is not so hard to understand it.

If we are truly in Christ, the HS will guide us to have humble heart.

If we have humility, we don't speak so harshly or hurtful things to anyone.

We will think about WWJD without making excuses for hateful behavior or attitude.

There are too many arrogant behavior in this site, and if we cannot see it, we are definitely deceiving ourselves, and working against God and Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
Rats! I had assessed that this thread was about me, as next to the word "humility," in Danny Web's dictionary, is my picture, as I exhibit that quality magnificently, but am way too humble to state it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Rats! I had assessed that this thread was about me, as next to the word "humility," in Danny Web's dictionary, is my picture, as I exhibit that quality magnificently, but am way too humble to state it.

Nope, it is not about you. Don't be so selfcontious.

It is all about humility which not showing in "saved" Christians.

You are not the only one.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope, it is not about you. Don't be so selfcontious.

It is all about humility which not showing in "saved" Christians.

You are not the only one.
Oh. I did not know that.

Mess-hack was just voted as the #1 troll of TOL, w/o a sense of humor.

Good day to you, sir.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Oh. I did not know that.

Mess-hack was just voted as the #1 troll of TOL, w/o a sense of humor.

Good day to you, sir.

I understand your sense of humor and I think you are funny too. I am easily amused so I have sense of humor:)

But I am not troll because I cherish Jesus' teachings and humility is Jesus' one of main teachings.

Christianity is all about Jesus' teachings.

john w

Hall of Fame
I understand your sense of humor and I think you are funny too. I am easily amused so I have sense of humor:)

But I am not troll because I cherish Jesus' teachings and humility is Jesus' one of main teachings.

Christianity is all about Jesus' teachings.

You missed it-my post. You have no sense of humor, and are blowing it, here, mess-hack:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...hn-W-quot-The-Rifleman-quot-of-TOL-bobblehead!!!

Good day to you, sir, blessings, and may the LORD God pour down upon you, and that stupid hat, from heaven above, buckets of anti-freeze.

popsthebuilder

So do you mean this :

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:1-11
Exactly.

thank you.