I am a missionary trying to "convert" people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Oelund

My name is Patrick Oelund, and I am a Swede and work as a missionary in Russia and China. I am just interested what you folks do "over there". Are you just into debating or do you want to really change the world?

dreadknought

My name is Patrick Oelund, and I am a Swede and work as a missionary in Russia and China. I am just interested what you folks do "over there". Are you just into debating or do you want to really change the world?

:wave: Howdy there. Welcome to TOL. Browse around some of the threads and get back to us on the changing the world theme.

csuguy

Depends upon who exactly you are talking to. I would personally like to see a Reconciliation Movement within the church - a return to God, stripping out all the useless and contradictory practices and doctrines of the churches. Of course, such a movement cannot take place within the church. It's something that must be done outside of the existing churches. One day, I would like to start my own church.

But I'm a far way from doing anything like that. I need to acquire my Doctorate in Theology first.

elohiym

Greetings, Patrick.

I assume that different people have different motives for participating on TOL. My personal interest is in debating Christian theology, for my edification and the edification of others.

We can only change the world one mind at a time.

Patrick Oelund

csuguy, that is true. We need to come back to the beginning. Preach the Full Gospel.

Elohiym: Acts 1:8 Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the end of the earth at the same time :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:squint: Is this a trick question?

Patrick Oelund

What do you mean with a trick question? It is an ordinary question. Are you here only to debate on theological stuff or do you want to change your world by laying down your life for Jesus?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean with a trick question? It is an ordinary question. Are you here only to debate on theological stuff or do you want to change your world by laying down your life for Jesus?
OK then .. is it a stupid question?

The correct answer is: neither.

Most of us are here because it is a lively and happening website. That some of us debate and some of us accept Christ is in no way necessarily tied to the fact that we choose to spend time at TOL.

Why are you here?

asrpcp.org

Hey, I'm interested in going to Russia and China to preach! Believe it or not, God has been laying that on my heart. You want help? Count me in! I'll pay my plane ticket if you can provide the loal necessities!
I lie Not.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey, I'm interested in going to Russia and China to preach! Believe it or not, God has been laying that on my heart. You want help? Count me in! I'll pay my plane ticket if you can provide the loal necessities!
I lie Not.
Oh, dear Lord, please, NO! :chuckle:

Punisher1984

As one that sees religion as a bane to our civilization, I sincerily hope that your mission proselytize others into your faith ends in failure.

That said, welcome to TOL!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As one that sees religion as a bane to our civilization, I sincerily hope that your mission proselytize others into your faith ends in failure.

That said, welcome to TOL!
You have HOPE??!! :shocked:

Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.