I Have $5 Which Says Just About Everybody In Here Confuses Justification By Faith in Christ With Earning Rewards At The Bema Seat of Judgement.

Jenkins

2 Cor. 5:10, "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ."

"We" here indicates Paul is speaking of Believers, not about the Heathen who will be damned. The Bema Seat is not the Great White Throne of Judgement in Rev. 20:11 where the Damned will be tossed into fire. The Bema Seat of Christ is all about extra rewards being given to faithful Believers who earned them.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

"We" here indicates Paul is speaking of Believers, not about the Heathen who will be damned. The Bema Seat is not the Great White Throne of Judgement in Rev. 20:11 where the Damned will be tossed into fire. The Bema Seat of Christ is all about extra rewards being given to faithful Believers who earned them.
I've never understood the large percentage of Christians who think all believers will have the same glory in heaven in spite of all the verses showing our rewards will be different.

Jenkins

I've never understood the large percentage of Christians who think all believers will have the same glory in heaven in spite of all the verses showing our rewards will be different.
So True.

Can you imagine finding out that you were the very last person saved on Earth before the Rapture? Lol.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So True.

Can you imagine finding out that you were the very last person saved on Earth before the Rapture? Lol.
I would probably feel a bit cheated because God ended this dispensation before I had an opportunity to do any good works and earn any rewards.

I have a friend who has always believed God is going to bring the rapture "any day now. It's right around the corner." He's been saying that for 40 years. My response has always been, "God better not bring the rapture today. I want to build up more rewards."

He's not interested in rewards. He just wants out of here.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
before I had an opportunity to do any good works and earn any rewards.

I get what you're saying, but if you're becoming a Christian for the heavenly rewards, your priorities need adjusting.

It's not about the rewards. It's about relationships, with God, and with other believers.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I get what you're saying, but if you're becoming a Christian for the heavenly rewards, your priorities need adjusting.

It's not about the rewards. It's about relationships, with God, and with other believers.
Of course. I'm just saying I want both.

Hoping

Banned

Can you show the scriptures that refer to a Bema seat?

Hoping

Banned
Right there in the Greek at 2 Cor 5:10. It is wise of you to verify this. Blessings.
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

I don't see any reference to a "Bema" in that verse.
It is also clear from the verse that both good and bad people are going to be there and getting their just judgements.

Jenkins

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

I don't see any reference to a "Bema" in that verse.
It is also clear from the verse that both good and bad people are going to be there and getting their just judgements.
"We" excludes all bad people who are not Believers.

Strong's #968 bema, "judgement seat, tribunal throne."

Great of you to ask and learn. Oh, BTW, "bema" is the Greek. Anyone can find it.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
"We" excludes all bad people who are not Believers.
I don't agree.
It is written..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Tim 5:24)
Believers have already been judged, and paid the wages of their sin.
Strong's #968 bema, "judgement seat, tribunal throne."
Great of you to ask and learn. Oh, BTW, "bema" is the Greek. Anyone can find it.
So "bema" is just a fancy word for judgement seat.
How many judgements do you figure God will do?

Jenkins

I don't agree.
It is written..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Tim 5:24)
Believers have already been judged, and paid the wages of their sin.

So "bema" is just a fancy word for judgement seat.
How many judgements do you figure God will do?
Are you aware of Scripture on that? Do not expect other People to do the work for you.

Jenkins

Attainment of Heavenly Rewards is given in Scripture to be Primary Motivator for coming to God thru Jesus Christ. It is called "Hope of Glory."

Thank you for sharing your need here.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Attainment of Heavenly Rewards is given in Scripture to be Primary Motivator for coming to God thru Jesus Christ. It is called "Hope of Glory."

Thank you for sharing your need here.

Thanks for completely missing the point.

Hoping

Banned
Are you aware of Scripture on that? Do not expect other People to do the work for you.
It was a simple enough question for you.
It truly wasn't anything I have studied, but my own judgement happened at my death with Christ.
There will, however, be a final judgement too.

Jenkins

Thanks for completely missing the point.
The point was very simple to see. Apostle Paul constantly referred to attaining the Hope of Glory, Our Inheritance, and Pretribulation Rapture.

There is no arguement with me, just with plainly read Scripture.

Hoping

Banned
The point was very simple to see. Apostle Paul constantly referred to attaining the Hope of Glory, Our Inheritance, and Pretribulation Rapture.

There is no arguement with me, just with plainly read Scripture.
Constantly?
I only found one use of the phrase "hope of glory", and it was in Col 1:27..."To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"
Christ is my hope of glory.

Jenkins

Constantly?
I only found one use of the phrase "hope of glory", and it was in Col 1:27..."To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:"
Christ is my hope of glory.
Look up "inheritance," and the Greek "harpazo" in a comprehensive Lexicon.