I have an idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I think a Battle Royale needs to exist that is truly a Battle Royale. Something with teams.

I think there should be a battle with me, Sozo, Lawless, and emahoslove, maybe e4e, on one team. And godrulz, keypurr, STONE, and whoever else believes in keeping the law for righteousness, on the other side.

What do you think?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lighthouse said:
I think a Battle Royale needs to exist that is truly a Battle Royale. Something with teams.

I think there should be a battle with me, Sozo, Lawless, and emahoslove, maybe e4e, on one team. And godrulz, keypurr, STONE, and whoever else believes in keeping the law for righteousness, on the other side.

What do you think?

I'm afraid I do not believe in keeping the law for righteousness. We are saved by grace through faith in the person and finished work of Christ. I also believe in the Law of Love. The commandments are summarized as loving God supremely and others equal as ourselves. I am also not antinomian and reject lawlessness. Because I love Jesus and others, I will not murder, kill, steal, commit adultery, etc. I cannot be saved by being a moral person or a Pharisee. Keypurr is a Sabbatarian, etc. If I was on their team, I would get kicked off their island.

I like the idea of a group Battle. However, few of us agree with each other on every point. Each thread is like a battle. I would also enjoy an Open Theism vs Calvinism battle more than one on the nuances of sanctification, since your team and myself are basically in the Protestant, evangelical tradition in the area of justification.

You would kick me off your island, and I would not want to be on the losing team of the 'law' island. I am in the New Covenant of Grace and am not a very good OT person. I do not know half the dietary and ceremonial laws. I like Augustine's idea of "Love God, and do as you please." This is a royal law of loving God and others.

Lovejoy

It seems to have been an interesting proposal, but, obviously, the teams are going to have to be re-thought. And, just possibly, the definitions of the sides.

Lovejoy

I should probably take a moment to state that I still think it is an interesting idea, no matter improbable.

SOTK

Yeah, I do too actually. There has certainly been no limit to the amount of discussions this topic has raised around here.

Lovejoy

Yeah. It seems mostly to be a matter of degrees, though, with just a few extremists on both sides. I would not know how to parcel it out so that a focused discussion could be had. God only knows what would happen if they let Freak back in as well.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Lovejoy said:
Yeah. It seems mostly to be a matter of degrees, though, with just a few extremists on both sides. I would not know how to parcel it out so that a focused discussion could be had. God only knows what would happen if they let Freak back in as well.

Freak would exercise our minds and exorcise the demons by deliverance. The fur would fly.

Lovejoy

godrulz said:
Freak would exercise our minds and exorcise the demons by deliverance. The fur would fly.
But demon free fur! That's what is important..

I mock, but I don't mean it. He takes Spiritual warfare far more seriously than I do (I believe Satan always has to go through Christ to get permission to test us), but that does not mean he is comical. Just a little paranoid. :noid:

SOTK

:chuckle:

Freak has some intersting stories. I'm not sure I can believe all of them, but some weren't too far fetched at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.