Ideas and mockery.

Mocking You

When is it justified to respond to an idea with nothing but mockery?

Evolution?
Flat Earth?
UFOs?

It depends on what you're trying to achieve. If it is your goal to change minds, the scientific approach is probably needed.

If you're just going to react to the ideas, mockery is perfectly acceptable.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Absolutely. Along with his friend, Sarcasm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Mocking is from the flesh. Not the Spirit
2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Acts 5:32
32 "And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."
Luke 22:63-65
63 Now the men who held Jesus mocked Him and beat Him.
64 And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him, saying, "Prophesy! Who is the one who struck You?"
65 And many other things they blasphemously spoke against Him.
Luke 23:11-12
11 Then Herod, with his men of war, treated Him with contempt and mocked Him, arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe, and sent Him back to Pilate.
12 That very day Pilate and Herod became friends with each other, for previously they had been at enmity with each other.
Jude 1:17-19
17 But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ:
18 how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly lusts.
19 These are sensual persons, who cause divisions, not having the Spirit.
Gal 6:7
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
John 15:20
20 "Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
Acts 5:41-42
41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name.
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
2 Pet 3:3
3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
(NKJ)

3456 mukterizo (mook-tay-rid'-zo);

from a derivative of the base of 3455 (meaning snout, as that whence lowing proceeds); to make mouths at, i.e. ridicule:

KJV-- mock.

2 Tim 2:24-26
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
(NKJ)

1Thes 2:5-7
5 For neither at any time did we use flattering words, as you know, nor a cloak for covetousness-- God is witness.
6 Nor did we seek glory from men, either from you or from others, when we might have made demands as apostles of Christ.
7 But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:24-26
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:5-8
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

xxxAlot of people have trouble recognizing the difference between mocking and humor. Humor is done on a friendly basis. Mocking is done to ridicule or insult someone. Mocking is done through ignorance of the truth what ever the truth may be on the subject being mocked. Truth is truth and some times it hurts to hear it. And many think they are speaking truth in their mocking. Know this that if you are wrong in your mocking you will answer for it on judgment day. It will condemn you.

Matt 12:34
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
(NKJ)

Matt 12:36-37
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:mock: Squeaky.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk