If you sincerely follow the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to the Catholic Church

republicanchick

If you sincerely follow the Holy Spirit, He will lead you to the Catholic Church

You may have an aversion to the Roman Catholic Church, don't want to go there, heard so many odd and unkosher sounding things about it..

But you will nonetheless be led there b/c that is part of Christendom...

and if you study history of the Church (from reliable sources) you will learn more and more about this historic Church, THE Church... (but you don't believe that yet) and you will learn more and more and

well...

2 words

Scott Hahn

(Why re-invent the wheel? He has done all the research for you)

He was once anti-Catholic, but he, unlike most anti-Catholics here, STUDIED... and studied and studied... He studied so that he could prove Catholicism was WRONG... but he could not do that...

He has read literally THOUSANDS of books on theology... by Catholics and non-Catholics..

and most of you know what happened..

___

oatmeal

You may have an aversion to the Roman Catholic Church, don't want to go there, heard so many odd and unkosher sounding things about it..

But you will nonetheless be led there b/c that is part of Christendom...

and if you study history of the Church (from reliable sources) you will learn more and more about this historic Church, THE Church... (but you don't believe that yet) and you will learn more and more and

well...

2 words

Scott Hahn

(Why re-invent the wheel? He has done all the research for you)

He was once anti-Catholic, but he, unlike most anti-Catholics here, STUDIED... and studied and studied... He studied so that he could prove Catholicism was WRONG... but he could not do that...

He has read literally THOUSANDS of books on theology... by Catholics and non-Catholics..

and most of you know what happened..

___

So, show me from scripture why I should believe your post whatsoever.

Cruciform

Tell me another bed time story mommy.:chuckle:
Once upon a time, in the 16th century A.D., some prideful and arrogant men denied and rejected that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---and against which he declared that the powers of death would never prevail (Mt. 16:18)---and invented their own doctrines and sects based upon their personal, subjective, and entirely non-authoritative reading of the Bible. Since then, tens-of-thousands of competing and contradictory man-made non-Catholic sects have been concocted, categorically violating the will and plan of God, and implicitly claiming that Jesus Christ himself is a liar. The end.

Not a very happy story, is it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bradley D

One needs to read the Bible and then the doctrine of a denominations church. If it has questionable beliefs or practices. Then one needs to make a decision whether to join a particular church or not. I believe there are good Christians in the Catholic Church. But I do not agree with all their doctrine/beliefs.

Cruciform

You clearly avoiding my point.
No, I was agreeing with your point, that the "Catholic Church is the Church, not any other denomination."*

heir

TOL Subscriber
If a spirit is leading one to the Catholic church, it's a seducing spirit!

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Those who nameth the name of Christ should depart from iniquity and that includes the Catholic church or any other denomination.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
If a spirit is leading one to the Catholic church, it's a seducing spirit!

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Those who nameth the name of Christ should depart from iniquity and that includes the Catholic church or any other denomination.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Took the words right outta my mouth:) :chuckle:

republicanchick

Your OP is clearly indicating RCC is the church, not any other denomination.

Christ founded ONE Church. Believe it or not, God is not the author of confusion (60,000 denominations...)

That Church, the only one that has been around since the Ascension is the Roman Catholic Church

__

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Christ founded ONE Church. Believe it or not, God is not the author of confusion (60,000 denominations...)

That Church, the only one that has been around since the Ascension is the Roman Catholic Church

__

Nope the Roman Catholic emulation began at Corinth and was denounced by the FIRST BISHOP at Rome whose name was Clement.

republicanchick

Nope the Roman Catholic emulation began at Corinth and was denounced by the FIRST BISHOP at Rome whose name was Clement.

geeze.. i wonder where people get their information..

But whatever. I know the Catholic Church (dont just beieve but KNOW) is the Church Christ founded and history "agrees"

if u poeple want to be ignorant all your life and deprived of all that Jesus has for you, that is YOUR choice

I won't try to talk you out of it.. I know a losing battle when i see it

+