ECT I'm jazzed

fzappa13

I know most who post here have already been through stuff like this but I came to the child rearing endeavor much later in life. It's like discovering ice cream at 58.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know most who post here have already been through stuff like this but I came to the child rearing endeavor much later in life. It's like discovering ice cream at 58.

When our parental hearts experience such joy produced by our beloved offspring, we get just a glimpse of the Fathers joy when a son comes to faith in His Son.

I confess my little girl of 11 years old, came to faith in Jesus Christ before my own conversion. To my shame, I ridiculed her for her belief in Jesus for a long time, before He also brought me to my knees in repentance for my sins.

So it was my young daughter who felt the joy and awe you felt for your daughter's interest in the Lord's Words . . for her adult mother turning to belief in the Father she had already found.

God is so merciful and good to us all in so many different ways

fzappa13

When our parental hearts experience such joy produced by our beloved offspring, we get just a glimpse of the Fathers joy when a son comes to faith in His Son.

I confess my little girl of 11 years old, came to faith in Jesus Christ before my own conversion. To my shame, I ridiculed her for her belief in Jesus for a long time, before He also brought me to my knees in repentance for my sins.

So it was my young daughter who felt the joy and awe you felt for your daughter's interest in the Lord's Words . . for her adult mother turning to belief in the Father she had already found.

God is so merciful and good to us all in so many different ways

Neat how life works out like that. My parents were both agnostic and I didn't come to believe the word of God until they were both gone. In fact, the death of my father may have been indirectly responsible for setting my feet on the path.

fzappa13

Hi , and if she had said daddy , what does it means to make all see what is the Dispensation of the MYSTERY , I would be JAZZED !!

dan p

Well, maybe that's the difference between being a father and being an ideologue.

Last edited:

fzappa13

Good to hear!

Yeah, you can lead a horse to water but when they come up to you wanting a drink it is particularly gratifying. But, then your realize the gravity of the responsibility. Funny, she recited several today ... and I had to remind her about number 5 :chuckle:

elohiym

My 9 year old girl just asked me to print her out the ten commandments.

Good to hear. :)

When I first had the notion to become a Christian, I picked the Bible off the bookshelf at a friend's house and opened it. By providence I opened it to the ten commandments in Exodus.

Should not the law lead us to Christ, as it is written?

fzappa13

Good to hear. :)

When I first had the notion to become a Christian, I picked the Bible off the bookshelf at a friend's house and opened it. By providence I opened it to the ten commandments in Exodus.

Should not the law lead us to Christ, as it is written?

I guess everyone has their own way in. Mine was the red letters.