In Search Of The Truth

CherubRam

The reason people have trouble finding the truth is because it is not always pleasing. Only a very honest person would say" I want to know what the truth is, even if it does not please me. Most people like, feel good truth, which may not be the truth.

People tend to seek what pleases them, and the truth takes people out of their comfort zone. So what can be done? Unless people change their ways we will always be stuck with lies being accepted as truth. You would think that facts would dictate a persons coarse of action, but no, it does not. So what can be done when people are so dishonest that they don't know a fact from an opinion?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Well, on TOL, when you speak the truth you get banned. In religion when you speak the truth you get shamed and or excommunicated.

CherubRam

Well, on TOL, when you speak the truth you get banned. In religion when you speak the truth you get shamed and or excommunicated.

The household of God is also the Christian community.

Matthew 10
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When I started reading the bible it was because it was my last resort. I was a very unhappy person. I just wanted to know the truth about life no matter what it was. And many times I hit a place where it was believe what is written and suffer greatly inside, or lie about what is written. I went with what was written. After years of suffering I found out what the suffering was. It was unclean spirits in me trying to stop me from learning the truth. Because if I learned the truth they would have to leave. Some times the guilt and pain got so great I couldn't bear it. So I prayed to God, not to get rid of the pain but to give me strength to endure it. And over time the more truth I put in the lesser the pain. Later I found out that was what it meant by crucifying the emotions and feelings. And now I know what Godly love is all about. Suffering wrongfully but doing it willingly. Now I'm joyful all the time. And now there is a new twist. Everyone gets mad at me because nothing bothers me. But all I can do is giggle because that is their problem not mine.

1 Pet 5:10-11
10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
11 To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
(NKJ)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The household of God is also the Christian community.

Matthew 10
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Jesus was bitterly hated and killed for speaking the truth, did you forget that?????

The "sword" Jesus spoke of was the trouble between those who speak truth and those who petrify evolving religion into creeds, dogmas, doctrines and forms. Those who make the writings of Holy men into the writings of God, these people who retard science, social and political progress. If one member of a family believed in Jesus and the others did not, that would bring trouble.

One mans "truth" is another mans superstition.

CherubRam

Jesus was bitterly hated and killed for speaking the truth, did you forget that?????

The "sword" Jesus spoke of was the trouble between those who speak truth and those who petrify evolving religion into creeds, dogmas, doctrines and forms. Those who make the writings of Holy men into the writings of God, these people who retard science, social and political progress. If one member of a family believed in Jesus and the others did not, that would bring trouble.

One mans "truth" is another mans superstition.

Truth is narrowly defined, it is not broad and all encompassing.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Truth is narrowly defined, it is not broad and all encompassing.

God is Living truth, infinite and eternal truth. It's much broader than creeds and idols.

You seem to be implying that you have the only truth. Jesus encountered that with man made Judaism, they developed an Idea that their writings were written by God, any variance to their narrow mindedness was rejected, even when the heart said otherwise.

Today the narrow minded Jews still have a number of scripture based reasons that Jesus wasn't the expected Messiah.

Hawkins

The problem of modern education is that, people never try to define what a truth is, and how humans can reach such a truth.

Truth has never been systematically categorized. People treat all kinds of truth as scientific however this is not true in reality.

That's the problem.

CherubRam

God is Living truth, infinite and eternal truth. It's much broader than creeds and idols.

You seem to be implying that you have the only truth. Jesus encountered that with man made Judaism, they developed an Idea that their writings were written by God, any variance to their narrow mindedness was rejected, even when the heart said otherwise.

Today the narrow minded Jews still have a number of scripture based reasons that Jesus wasn't the expected Messiah.

Not all Hebrews rejected Yahshua as the Messiah. Did Christ and the disciples ever have a Sunday Sabbath? No. Did Christ and the disciple believe in Hell? No. Did Christ and the disciple believe in Messiah worship? No. Did Christ and the disciples believe in a trinity? No. And the list goes on and on. Did Christ and the disciples believe joining Paganism to God was a sin? Yes. Truth is narrowly defined.

John 4:22
You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

John 10
35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God cameand Scripture cannot be set aside

CherubRam

The problem of modern education is that, people never try to define what a truth is, and how humans can reach such a truth.

Truth has never been systematically categorized. People treat all kinds of truth as scientific however this is not true in reality.

That's the problem.

God is a fact. God's personal name means "Life Began." That means God Evolved. That is why He is called "The First," The Beginning," The Alpha."

Last edited:

Stuu

All rubbish answers.

Let's try again from the OP: What can be done when people are so dishonest that they don't know a fact from an opinion?

Stuart

M

Man.0

The reason people have trouble finding the truth is because it is not always pleasing.

Yes, knowing truth is not always pleasing. I think that more often than not, truth is shocking and very hard to swallow. Truth brings reality, but people don't want reality. Truth brings light, but people want to stay in darkness. Objectivity comes with truth, but people want to hold onto their cherished, subjective opinions. These reasons, and more, are why people often recoil from truth when presented with it. Who is the man or woman that will willingly embrace and receive truth?

You would think that facts would dictate a persons coarse of action, but no, it does not.

Don't emotions often tend to dictate a persons coarse of action? That's why politicians, false preachers, advertisers, marketers, and campaigners, appeal to people's emotions. It's a very effective way to persuade.

So what can be done when people are so dishonest that they don't know a fact from an opinion?

If you know what the truth is, present them with it. It's the remedy for all delusions. Whether they accept it or not, is another matter.

CherubRam

Yes, knowing truth is not always pleasing. I think that more often than not, truth is shocking and very hard to swallow. Truth brings reality, but people don't want reality. Truth brings light, but people want to stay in darkness. Objectivity comes with truth, but people want to hold onto their cherished, subjective opinions. These reasons, and more, are why people often recoil from truth when presented with it. Who is the man or woman that will willingly embrace and receive truth?

Don't emotions often tend to dictate a persons coarse of action? That's why politicians, false preachers, advertisers, marketers, and campaigners, appeal to people's emotions. It's a very effective way to persuade.

If you know what the truth is, present them with it. It's the remedy for all delusions. Whether they accept it or not, is another matter.
I have presented the truth many times, only to have it disputed as my opinion. Then I say I have not voiced my opinion, but have presented facts. Then I ask, "what facts have I presented that are in question?" At that point things get quiet and I get no reply. It seems that everyone wants to be the teacher, and not take to heart what is being said. I find that many just want to play the devils advocate. I have even had people say that the truth is whatever you want to believe. So to say the least, there has been no forward motion toward the truth.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I have noticed this as well.

I am curious if you have any further remarks about why this happens and, more importantly, how to communicate ideas in ways that don't alarm, threaten and provoke defensiveness among our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Stuu

I am certain that this thread is not your cup of tea.
The questions you started with are fantastic. But look what was done with them.

Then you said:
The problem with the truth is that it may seem stranger than fiction. At least for many people.
Again, completely right. We could explore the conflict that arises from the shock of being proved wrong by physical evidence, for example.

But I bet it will just be a load more mythology from the Book of Talking Snakes - definitely not my cup of tea.

Should it even be your cup of tea, if you are capable of asking questions that have the power to bring down the smoke and mirrors of christianity?

Stuart

Stuu

I am curious if you have any further remarks about why this happens and, more importantly, how to communicate ideas in ways that don't alarm, threaten and provoke defensiveness among our brothers and sisters in Christ.
Is that even possible with christian believers?

Stuart

CherubRam

The questions you started with are fantastic. But look what was done with them.

Then you said:

Again, completely right. We could explore the conflict that arises from the shock of being proved wrong by physical evidence, for example.

But I bet it will just be a load more mythology from the Book of Talking Snakes - definitely not my cup of tea.

Should it even be your cup of tea, if you are capable of asking questions that have the power to bring down the smoke and mirrors of christianity?

Stuart

Posting historical facts has not made a difference. I have shown that there are secret societies involved in Christianity, and dividing us, and no one cared. I have shown what different parables mean in the bible, and those were rejected. I would say that Christians seem happy with what they want to believe.