In Search Of The Truth

CherubRam

Revelation 1:19-20.
“Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. The mystery of the Seven Stars that you saw in my right hand and of the Seven Golden Lampsticks is this: The Seven Stars are the messengers of the Seven Congregations, and the Seven Lampsticks are the Seven Congregations.

Truth is made known by reason of the facts.

Stuu

Posting historical facts has not made a difference. I have shown that there are secret societies involved in Christianity, and dividing us, and no one cared. I have shown what different parables mean in the bible, and those were rejected. I would say that Christians seem happy with what they want to believe.
Excellent. And I think you're right. I'm not sure how many categories there are. Maybe these are some:

Genuine ignorance (never really questioned it)
Willful ignorance (don't want to know)
Confirmation bias (only read what you already believe)
Denial (find excuses to carry on believing despite contrary evidence)
Misrepresentation (distorting the contrary evidence to discredit it)

Others?

Stuart

popsthebuilder

Well, on TOL, when you speak the truth you get banned. In religion when you speak the truth you get shamed and or excommunicated.
Yes, but that must end. Religion is supposed to be the truth, not lies. People get defensive and angry when you bring their ability to be honest with themselves into play. A change is coming though. More and more people are becoming aware of the truth.

CherubRam

Excellent. And I think you're right. I'm not sure how many categories there are. Maybe these are some:

Genuine ignorance (never really questioned it)
Willful ignorance (don't want to know)
Confirmation bias (only read what you already believe)
Denial (find excuses to carry on believing despite contrary evidence)
Misrepresentation (distorting the contrary evidence to discredit it)

Others?

Stuart
Good list.
The question here is, how do you get Christians to move in the right direction. Christians have been like trying to herd cats.

Ben Masada

In Search of the Truth

In Search of the Truth

The only way to best search for the Truth is to start by looking for it in the right place. That's what Jesus said about the Truth that it is the Word of God. (John 17:17) And the Word of God, the Psalmist said, was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20) One more evidence to the fact is found in Isa. 2:3. "And many people shall go and say: Come you and let us go up to the Mountain of the Lord, to the House of the God of Jacob and He will teach us of His ways and we will walk in His paths; for out of Zion shall go forth the Law and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem. "

CherubRam

The only way to best search for the Truth is to start by looking for it in the right place. That's what Jesus said about the Truth that it is the Word of God. (John 17:17) And the Word of God, the Psalmist said, was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psa. 147:19,20) One more evidence to the fact is found in Isa. 2:3. "And many people shall go and say: Come you and let us go up to the Mountain of the Lord, to the House of the God of Jacob and He will teach us of His ways and we will walk in His paths; for out of Zion shall go forth the Law and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem. "

Yes, but my concern is for before then. Did you ever read my thread called "who is a Jew or the nation Israel?" I will repost the thread in case someone has not read it.