Intro to the Age of Accountability

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
Introduction

I am going to present my theory on the Age of Accountability (AoA) in four parts. I'm posting it here, in my personal blog, so that I refer to it in the future. The first part deals with my private journey in understanding what the Bible has to say on the subject. The second part deals with the scientific evidence in support of the theory. The third part discusses some of the implications associated with the theory, and the fourth part is a basic summary.

It’s been my experience that this discussion raises all kinds of questions. I didn’t attempt to answer all of these questions at this time, but wanted to give a somewhat brief overview and leave the more difficult questions for later. Undoubtedly there will be questions such as, “What happens to children when they die before the age of accountability?” “What does the biblical age of accountability say about those who are developmentally disabled?” as well as many other questions.

I don’t claim to know the answers, but I’d like to point out that these questions apply to all theories concerning the age of accountability. Hopefully we can have in interesting debate that can help lead us all to a better understanding of God and His Holy Word, the Bible.