Iraqis — With American Help — Topple Statue of Saddam in Baghdad

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Iraqis — With American Help — Topple Statue of Saddam in Baghdad

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,83580,00.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq — In a scene of triumph and jubilation televised live throughout the world, Iraqi citizens in the heart of Baghdad -- with help from a large U.S. military vehicle -- toppled a huge statue of Saddam Hussein Wednesday and began dancing on it when it fell to the ground.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's a quote from the above article:

One man took a sledgehammer to the statue's base, then handed it off to others so everyone could take a swing.

"I'm 49, but I never lived a single day," said Yusuf Abed Kazim, a Baghdad imam who was pounding the statue's pedestal. "Only now will I start living. That Saddam Hussein is a murderer and a criminal."

Sounds like these people are happy that our military is there to me.

NarrowWay

Awww, shucks!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that it's funny that Al-Jazeer is now finally showing our side of the story. They'll probably start saying that they were on our side all along.

Goose

Originally posted by NarrowWay
I think that it's funny that Al-Jazeer is now finally showing our side of the story. They'll probably start saying that they were on our side all along.
Kinda like the anti-war protesters. LOL What fools.

Goose

Could we excommunicate the protestors, and then give the Iraqi's that love the U.S. and freedom, honorary citizenship?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Unlike some countries, I don't think we do "honorary" citizenship.

You either got or you ain't!. ;)