Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter had wrong ideas, but you are saying he was preaching truth at the time.
Peter is not the blooming idiot you Pente wannabes portray him as to cover for your non existent biblical argument. And where does the text imply that he was wrong or lying?

Put down the commentary.

SaulToPaul 2

Peter is not the blooming idiot you Pente wannabes portray him as to cover for your non existent biblical argument. And where does the text imply that he was wrong or lying?

Put down the commentary.

3.5 years with the LORD, another 40 days after his resurrection, and baptism WITH the Holy Ghost, and poor Peter was still toting around all of that "Jewish baggage", unclear about what to do.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Put down the commentary.

I did not look at a commentary, but read that Paul rebuked him to his face for his compromise. It is in KJV too.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
3.5 years with the LORD, another 40 days after his resurrection, and baptism WITH the Holy Ghost, and poor Peter was still toting around all of that "Jewish baggage", unclear about what to do.

The historical narrative has Peter preaching the true gospel, but also compromising (like he did when he denied Jesus 3x) due to pressure from the Judaizers. He still had ethnic issues like other Jewish Christians addressed by Paul, Hebrews, etc. This was a time of transition in the early church with doctrinal disputes, growing in understanding, etc. You interpret this transition as different gospels instead of sorting out the details of the one gospel. Two gospels undermines the one finished work of Christ and the whole NT, not just a MAD proof text or two.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I did not look at a commentary, but read that Paul rebuked him to his face for his compromise. It is in KJV too.
We're not talking Paul here, but Peter (nor are we anywhere near Acts 15, Galatians 2). You don't even know your own argument. Here it is:
After the cross, there is neither Jew/Gentile, but all are one in Christ through faith in His person and work.

Peter believed just like Moses.

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Exodus 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This is certainly written "after the cross"

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I guess John was carrying some of that "Jewish baggage", too according to rulz.

3 John 1:6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:

3 John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

SaulToPaul 2

I guess John was carrying some of that "Jewish baggage", too according to rulz.

3 John 1:6 Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:

3 John 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.

Yes, and John was always harping on eating food offered to idols.
I guess Paul hadn't straightened him out yet on that topic.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes, and John was always harping on eating food offered to idols.
I guess Paul hadn't straightened him out yet on that topic.

John? Corinthians? Retaining aspects of cultural-religious Judaism for Jewish Christians was part of the first century, formative ethos. The Pauline perspective relates to Jewish-Gentile Christian perspectives. Some Gentiles today are Messianic by choice and observe a mix of Jewish custom and overt Christianity. In none of this are two true gospels post-cross. Likewise, an African and Chinese Christian are not identical in their expressions of the gospel and Christian living. You are missing the principles and points of basic NT Christianity because of a false paradigm.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John? Corinthians? Retaining aspects of cultural-religious Judaism for Jewish Christians was part of the first century, formative ethos. The Pauline perspective relates to Jewish-Gentile Christian perspectives. Some Gentiles today are Messianic by choice and observe a mix of Jewish custom and overt Christianity. In none of this are two true gospels post-cross. Likewise, an African and Chinese Christian are not identical in their expressions of the gospel and Christian living. You are missing the principles and points of basic NT Christianity because of a false paradigm.

How can it be false. It is specifically stated.

Galatians 2:7 King James Version (KJV)

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

godrulz

Hall of Fame

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Galatians, Romans, Hebrews, etc. demonstrate that the gospel is related to the person and work of Christ. There is only one true gospel post-cross and many false gospels. Instead of a KJVO proof text for a preconceived MAD paradigm, exegete it in context in light of grammar, etc. (Greek).

It is simply a demarcation of ministry, NOT two true gospels/messages.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Galatians, Romans, Hebrews, etc. demonstrate that the gospel is related to the person and work of Christ. There is only one true gospel post-cross and many false gospels. Instead of a KJVO proof text for a preconceived MAD paradigm, exegete it in context in light of grammar, etc. (Greek).

It is simply a demarcation of ministry, NOT two true gospels/messages.
Contradictions abound for you one gospelers! You can't explain why the Bible in many places states the opposite of what it says somewhere else except to explain it away.

Sit down. You're benched.

SaulToPaul 2

Contradictions abound for you one gospelers! You can't explain why the Bible in many places states the opposite of what it says somewhere else except to explain it away.

Sit down. You're benched.

That's what we get, sister, for going to the Sloppy Exegesis and Eisegeis Institute of Lunatic Fringe Doctrines.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The second reference to the gospel is added.

It reads--

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as of the circumcision was unto Peter

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Peter was rebuked for what you also believe in that of there being a Jewish church and a gentile church.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You still don't understand.

The circumcision - made up of Jews and Gentiles
The uncircumcision - made up of Jews and Gentiles

Got it?

So there is no difference. One King, one Kingdom, one gospel, one Church.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So there is no difference. One King, one Kingdom, one gospel, one Church.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Rom 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
Still not accepting Galatians 2:7?