Is Perspecuity Necessary for Sola Scriptura?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course, Catholics are no more "brainwashed" than you are. Indeed, your claim that Catholics are "brainwashed" is simply part of your own "brainwashing" received at the hands of your chosen recently-invented, man-made anti-Catholic sect.

The sources I've provided are filled with biblical references and arguments, more than enough to satisfy your demand for scriptural proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
And who says that your sect is not man-made? Oh no I have left it open to another website.

iouae

The sources I've provided are filled with biblical references and arguments, more than enough to satisfy your demand for scriptural proof.

A characteristic of every brainwashed cult member I have known is that they cannot give a summary argument themselves.

They have to point to their cult site filled with it's "proof".

This proves they have no clear grip on their church's argument.

Cruciform

A characteristic of every brainwashed cult member I have known is that they cannot give a summary argument themselves.
No need, since these issues have been argued and answered by Catholics for centuries, and they have all long since been recorded in writing. There are times when I have argued and length a particular subject, but where they have already been adequately and concisely recorded, it seems prudent to save much time and energy by simply referencing reliable sources. Either way, my opponent receives precisely the same information, so there's really no basis for complaint.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus of Nazareth, the Divine Son of God Incarnate. Still waiting for your proof to the contrary.

I do not dispute that Jesus founded the Church. Thought Peter was the founder and rock upon which your "Church" was founded?

iouae

No need, since these issues have been argued and answered by Catholics for centuries, and they have all long since been recorded in writing. There are times when I have argued and length a particular subject, but where they have already been adequately and concisely recorded, it seems prudent to save much time and energy by simply referencing reliable sources. Either way, my opponent receives precisely the same information, so there's really no basis for complaint.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

I believe in the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Normally false doctrines take a whole site to explain.

Cruciform

I believe in the simplicity that is in Christ...2 Corinthians 11:3...Normally false doctrines take a whole site to explain.
The opinions that you have derived from your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted.

Also, I didn't direct you to "a whole site," but merely to a brief summary article. Try not to exaggerate.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, Jesus Christ himself founded his one historic Church upon the Rock of St. Peter (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15).

I believe that Jesus founded the "Church" is the the chief cornerstone/rock upon which it is built.

1 Peter 2:6-7New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”

iouae

The opinions that you have derived from your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted.

Also, I didn't direct you to "a whole site," but merely to a brief summary article. Try not to exaggerate.

Oh PLEASE not the "noted" empty threat.

I clicked on the here url you provided to the Catholic.com website you directed me to. Is your Catholic.com site not "a whole site"?

Keep digging. You are disappearing into a hole.

brewmama

I believe that Jesus founded the "Church" is the the chief cornerstone/rock upon which it is built.

1 Peter 2:6-7New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

“Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”
7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

“The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,”

What do you think you are proving? Do you actually think that the Catholic Church doesn't have Christ as the head, the founder, the chief cornerstone, whatever you want to call it? Of course it does. That does not in any way take away from the fact, supported by much scripture, that what Jesus established was the church, NOT to just give us the Bible. It never says anywhere in scripture that he was here to just give us the Bible, or that after the Apostles there was no longer hierarchical authority. And the Church he founded was the Catholic (and Orthodox) Church. To argue otherwise is to ignore history and to present as very obtuse and close minded.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you think you are proving? Do you actually think that the Catholic Church doesn't have Christ as the head, the founder, the chief cornerstone, whatever you want to call it? Of course it does. That does not in any way take away from the fact, supported by much scripture, that what Jesus established was the church, NOT to just give us the Bible. It never says anywhere in scripture that he was here to just give us the Bible, or that after the Apostles there was no longer hierarchical authority. And the Church he founded was the Catholic (and Orthodox) Church. To argue otherwise is to ignore history and to present as very obtuse and close minded.

And it has been determined by some to be wrong assumption.

Romans 1:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Do you believe it?