• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Is there any obvious evidence today for the biblical global Flood?

Right Divider

Body part
How am I supposed to put this in another thread?
Start a new thread and put this in it.
So, 3000 year old labs are still supposed to exist?
We unearth ancient artifacts all of the time. No such artifacts have been found.
Do you really expect us to believe that there were nuclear bombs 1000 years before Christ and then no advanced technology 1000 years later... nope. That's ridiculous.
All that remains is the evidence the explosions left.
I highly doubt this supposed "evidence".
I'd recommend that you buy the book as I can't explain an entire book to you in this format.
I'll save my money.
I figured you would be pretty skeptical so it's not a surprise to me.
Of course I'm skeptical. This claim is not reasonable.

Gary K

Banned
Start a new thread and put this in it.

We unearth ancient artifacts all of the time. No such artifacts have been found.
Do you really expect us to believe that there were nuclear bombs 1000 years before Christ and then no advanced technology 1000 years later... nope. That's ridiculous.

I highly doubt this supposed "evidence".

I'll save my money.

Of course I'm skeptical. This claim is not reasonable.
Let's look at the Biblical evidence instead of your opinion.

Man came forth from the creators hand perfect in every physical way. He lived about a thousand years and had a mind which he used to it's full capacity, not the 10-15% we humans use today. What could you accomplish learning wise in a life that long in an environment that was almost perfect in which food grew with all the nutrients the body and mind need to flourish. Their memory retention must have been photographic. I'd take those advantages over what I have today any day of the week as I'd be considered to have an IQ that is off the charts today.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Man came forth from the creators hand perfect in every physical way. He lived about a thousand years and had a mind which he used to it's full capacity, not the 10-15% we humans use today. What could you accomplish learning wise in a life that long in an environment that was almost perfect in which food grew with all the nutrients the body and mind need to flourish. Their memory retention must have been photographic. I'd take those advantages over what I have today any day of the week as I'd be considered to have an IQ that is off the charts today.

Start a new thread. Do not derail other threads, please.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm sorry JR, but I have to reply to this post.
This may be the funniest post in the history of TOL.

You go on to give a comment light on "Biblical evidence" and heavy on GK opinion.
Man came forth from the creators hand perfect in every physical way.
I assume that you think that this means that man had all knowledge as well.
He lived about a thousand years and had a mind which he used to it's full capacity, not the 10-15% we humans use today.
That is NOT "Biblical evidence", it is GK opinion.
What could you accomplish learning wise in a life that long in an environment that was almost perfect in which food grew with all the nutrients the body and mind need to flourish.
Again, you were talking about 3000 years ago and NOT at the beginning. Get your facts straight.
Their memory retention must have been photographic.
More GK opinion.
I'd take those advantages over what I have today any day of the week as I'd be considered to have an IQ that is off the charts today.
Again that has nothing to do with the lack of discovery of ANY ancient "high tech" society in the range of 3000 years ago. You would have us believe that this "high tech" society just completely vanished in the 1000 years before Christ. Sorry, not buying it.

Start a new thread and we can continue to demolish your idea.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He lived about a thousand years and had a mind which he used to it's full capacity, not the 10-15% we humans use today.
I don't get to tell this story too often so I'm kind of excited when I get the chance. My father was a biologist in the late 50s early 60s and he heard the doctor that gave rise to the "common knowledge" that humans only use 10% of their brain. He was able to hear what the doctor actually said. Bluntly, he said, "we use 10% of our brain at a time" and went on further saying that we use our entire brain every few minutes. So my dad reminded me of this whenever the myth was stated through the years.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't get to tell this story too often so I'm kind of excited when I get the chance. My father was a biologist in the late 50s early 60s and he heard the doctor that gave rise to the "common knowledge" that humans only use 10% of their brain. He was able to hear what the doctor actually said. Bluntly, he said, "we use 10% of our brain at a time" and went on further saying that we use our entire brain every few minutes. So my dad reminded me of this whenever the myth was stated through the years.
For some people, the ratio doesn't quite hold. :D

In geologic time if the Flood really did happen, it happened like a blink of an eye ago. So if there's any evidence in the rocks of the Flood, it should still be there, and it should be pretty clear. There's enough water on the earth (more than a billion cubic kms) to cover it all under 2km of water, if the earth's crust was uniformly thick, but it's not, we have deep ocean trenches and tall mountains.

The Bible says the tallest mountains were covered by 15 cubits of water at the Flood's height. A cubit is over a foot in length, so this is over 15 feet over the tallest mountain peaks. That height of water corresponds to the 2km depth aforementioned. Which means the tallest mountains before the Flood were no more than 2km tall, whereas today Mount Everest for example is like 9km tall.

The waters of the Flood wouldn't just stay up at a high level for any longer than gravity would permit, so something changed in order to allow both the level to drop down, but also for mountains like Everest to rise up.

If the surface of the earth was separated from the crust by water, then the Flood could have occurred through the collapse of this structure. That would fairly quickly submerge the entire surface under 2km of water.

So now the question is, what happened so that the total height from the earth's mantle of rock is now between like 7km and 20km (Mariana trench Challenger Deep being like 7kms and Everest's summit being like 20kms from the mantle directly underneath them), which is a range of like 13km of rock. For the Flood's water to cover a 2km mountain means that even if 7km thickness at Mariana trench didn't change, the tallest mountain's summit was no more than 13kms from the mantle.

What causes rock to rise up 7km toward the sky?
Right at the flood the Bible says in Genesis 7:11 that the fountains of the great deep opened up and the the windows of heaven were open.
Isn't it possible that not only did it rain water but water came from the depths of the Earth, the great deep.

What article says at a low point there is 1/2 the amount of water of the oceans in the mantle and on the high point there is two to three times the amount of ocean water in the mantle. So it's a possibility that the water went back to where it come from. The Bible gives no indication other than it's subsided or what the great deep is.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Right at the flood the Bible says in Genesis 7:11 that the fountains of the great deep opened up and the the windows of heaven were open.
Isn't it possible that not only did it rain water but water came from the depths of the Earth, the great deep.

What article says at a low point there is 1/2 the amount of water of the oceans in the mantle and on the high point there is two to three times the amount of ocean water in the mantle. So it's a possibility that the water went back to where it come from. The Bible gives no indication other than it's subsided or what the great deep is.
Excellent point!

You should read Walt Brown's book on this exact topic.

Hydroplate Theory

Excellent point!

You should read Walt Brown's book on this exact topic.

Hydroplate Theory
Thank you - I just read a bit of what's online and I find it interesting. I learned a few years back that scientists are now saying that the Earth was once a water world. Somewhere in the beginning there was no visible land.
Isaiah is giving reference to why some ministers believe that the Earth *became* void and without form, that something drastically happened to it. And God put it back together and later created Adam.
Thank you I may not read the book but I will read what's online, that will make an interesting read.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thank you - I just read a bit of what's online and I find it interesting. I learned a few years back that scientists are now saying that the Earth was once a water world. Somewhere in the beginning there was no visible land.
Isaiah is giving reference to why some ministers believe that the Earth *became* void and without form, that something drastically happened to it. And God put it back together and later created Adam.
Thank you I may not read the book but I will read what's online, that will make an interesting read.

The entire book is available online.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There was never any such thing as God "putting the Earth back together", for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them. (Exodus 20:11)

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
This is what the HPT says, along with HPT-type theories which aren't exactly Mr. Brown's HPT (he invented the HPT and the HPT is his intellectual property).

What article says at a low point there is 1/2 the amount of water of the oceans in the mantle and on the high point there is two to three times the amount of ocean water in the mantle.
If true this is consonant with the HPT and HPT-type theories. It shows that the fountains of the great deep only reduced the underground water by half instead of basically all the way. It comports with HPT and HPT-type theories which believe the fountains are like planetary plumes.

230531073559-enceladus-water-vapor-plume-james-webb.jpg

So it's a possibility that the water went back to where it come from.
No it's not possible unless our understanding of the mechanism which drove the fountains is wrong. The fountains were fountains because they were under pressure and they were releasing that pressure. Once that pressure released, the water could not go back anymore than toothpaste can be put back into the tube.
The Bible gives no indication other than it's subsided or what the great deep is.
Right. The whole general idea is that the World ocean is the residual water from the Flood.