• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Is volcanism and the earth's surface radioactivity evidence of the Flood? yes or no.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, I'm thinking the north pole at the time would have been a seven million square km blanket of solid ice, 2km thick, underneath a seven million square km, 100 km thick blanket of granite (roughly circular, about 3000km diameter).

Maybe.

Its edges would have been assaulted by the rest of the wreckage and devastation from the breaking deep fountains, but toward its center I can't think that much would have changed, not right away, I guess except for all that drenching rain? But wouldn't it have been snow?

At rupture, it would have been all supercritical.

Bottom line, what are you saying? Instead of the north pole, where should we look to see the residual effect the Flood made at the north pole?
Somewhere near the 40th parallel. When the distribution of mass shifted on the surface, the conservation of angular momentum reacted by making the equator the ring with the greatest average mass cross referenced against the distance from the core of all the stuff.

Thus, the Himalayas migrated from where they were formed to near the equator and the poles of the time were replaced with what were subtropical areas, which is why we find mammoths in the ice and fossils of tropical species in the arctic circle.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the folks who taught you the theory of Newtonian gravity forgot to mention it has been replaced by general relativity. Gravity is not a force.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the folks who taught you the theory of Newtonian gravity forgot to mention it has been replaced by general relativity. Gravity is not a force.
It hasn't been replaced.

Relativity is a correction on the application of naive Newtonian equations in extreme situations.

It's not the best correction, and it requires the unfounded assumption of the constancy of lightspeed.
Not for the last 100 years.

Right now, in fact. Take that thing you're smoking and drop it. Guess what? Inverse square law.

I'm saying the current definition says it's not a force.

Of course it does.

NASA says so.

Quanta says so.

Universetoday says so.

Sciencefocus says so.

Who are you?

Maybe you can prove Einstein wrong and win ya a Nobel Prize.

Maybe you can offer something that isn't as stupid as this trope.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Really?
Looks like double speak to me.
Kinda blows this assertion of yours outta the water either way...
Gravity is the observation that masses are attracted to each other according to an inverse square law.

In general relativity, gravity is not a force between masses. Instead gravity is an effect of the warping of space and time in the presence of mass. Without a force acting upon it, an object will move in a straight line.

How We Know Gravity is Not (Just) a Force - Universe Today

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looks like double speak to me.
Kinda blows this assertion of yours outta the water either way.

In general relativity, gravity is not a force between masses.

Oh, so now you're qualifying your assertion?

Is gravity a force of any kind?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You do realize this means they think that gravity is a force, right?
Yep.
Double speak.
Sorry you fell for it. (pun intended)
Oh, so now you're qualifying your assertion?

Is gravity a force of any kind?
No to both questions.
It's their first assertion not mine...

"In general relativity, gravity is not a force between masses. Instead gravity is an effect of the warping of space and time in the presence of mass. Without a force acting upon it, an object will move in a straight line."

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep. Double speak. Sorry you fell for it. (pun intended)

:cautious:

No to both questions.

NASA says so. Quanta says so. Universetoday says so. Sciencefocus says so.

Who are you?

It's their first assertion that I believe...

"In general relativity, gravity is not a force between masses. Instead gravity is an effect of the warping of space and time in the presence of mass. Without a force acting upon it, an object will move in a straight line."

None of that says gravity is not a force.