ISIS attack on Turkey airport killed up to 50 people and injures another 147

jeffblue101

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ataturk-airport-cause-multiple-injuries.html
Three explosions rocked Istanbul's Ataturk airport in what officials say was a suicide attack shortly before 8pm GMT

Eyewitness saw a police officer wrestle attacker to the ground just moments before the blast shook the terminal

A total of 36 people are confirmed dead, however this total is expected to rise to 50 according to Turkish officials

Reports claimed that ISIS is to blame for the attack, according to Turkish news agencies citing police sources
Three explosions rocked Istanbul's Ataturk airport in what officials say was a suicide attack shortly before 8pm GMT
Eyewitness saw a police officer wrestle attacker to the ground just moments before the blast shook the terminal
A total of 36 people are confirmed dead, however this total is expected to rise to 50 according to Turkish officials

Reports claimed that ISIS is to blame for the attack, according to Turkish news agencies citing police sources

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said all initial indications point to ISIS as having carried out the attack, however there has yet been no official claim of responsibility. At least one of the attackers is reported to have been a foreign national.

Interplanner

The surprise to those in the West with a cursory understanding of jihad is that it was where it was. Isn't Turkey Islamic enough for ISIS? No. On closer study, you find out the 'strange' fact that purging its own is really a higher priority than expansion. It's a pretty vicious system. Persuasion of others is pretty much out of the question. Containment, solidification are the way to expansion.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
No, see, jihad died with Bin Laden and Obama saved the world.
Let's refresh some conservative memories -

1. Who was president with majorities in both the House and the Senate during 9/11?

2. Who assured the American public that Saddam possessed "Weapons of Mass Destruction?"

3. Who appointed the chiefs of those intelligence agencies and the Pentagon who provided the "bogus" intelligence?

4. Who appointed the Secretary of Defense who systematically ignored the advice of his own military leaders concerning troop strength?

5. Who appointed an inexperienced Paul Bremer as Iraq's Provisional Authority Coalition Director? Bremer disbanded the Iraqi military and police while still armed, becoming the core of widespread sectarian violence foe which America lacked adequate "boots on the ground" to prevent civil unrest?

6. Who delivered the "Mission Accomplished/Bring Them On" Speech from the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln on May 1, 2003? Who challenged Iraqi dissent groups by stating, "There are some who feel like that the conditions are such that they can attack us there. My answer is bring them on. We've got the force necessary to deal with the security situation."

7. Who bears responsibility for 5000+ American military deaths, 32000+ wounded and from 150000 - 1 million Iraqi casualties?

8. Who handpicked Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki who alienated Iraq's Sunni population, setting the stage for the rise of ISIS?

9. Who permitted the torture of Afghan and Iraqi prisoners at Guantanamo Bay and inmate abuse at Abu Ghraib Prison?

10. Who failed to capture/assassinate Bin Laden?

11. Who selected the vice president that actively lobbied in favor of military intervention into Iraq and to this day has not admitted his lapses of judgment concerning WMD.

12. Who prosecuted the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars while continuing with tax cuts that were supposed to stimulate the economy? The net effect was bankrolling both with borrowed money which helped create the greatest economic depression since 1929! The current total is over $2 trillion but long term costs over the next 40 years may eventually reach $6 trillion!

These are just some of the fiascos created by our conservative friends - leaving it to the Democrats to clean up the mess!

Last edited:

theophilus

Because all of their ideas will bring destruction.
[MENTION=6141]Nick M[/MENTION],

I have been pouring over the articles at your TROP website. Thanks for posting it.

You are exactly right in your quote. They are destroying this country.

:thumb:

Aside,

I watch Robert Spencer, David Wood and even Matt Slick (when he's on) on The Trinity Channel (among other apologists and commentators). I wish more people would listen to them, and the writers at TROP, too.

America needs to WAKE UP! Damn quick, too.

:think:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
One of the things that keeps popping into my head as these terrorist acts/acts of war occur is that, even though I'm regularly packing heat, I've only got maybe 30 feet of range.

In many situations, like this one, it sounds like, that's just not going to work. It's better to be armed than not, but what I really want to be armed with is a rifle and not a handgun.

But, because we've decided that CCW is the way to exercise our rights, we've ruled out firearms with any useful range in many case.

Massad Ayoob has said that he drives around with a rifle in his trunk. I've got a big ol' SUV so I'm going to have to get more creative.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
And one of those, too.

:chuckle:

:think: The advantage of a bull-pup configuration is that you get the shorter overall length of the SBR without the loss of velocity just about guaranteed with a shorter barrel.

The disadvantage is that the BP configuration necessitates some pretty funky trigger linkage schemes. :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been pouring over the articles at your TROP website. Thanks for posting it.

You are exactly right in your quote. They are destroying this country.

That website is not maintained by a right wing Christain conservative. In case a lefty says "consider the source".