Israel (the modern country)

way 2 go

.https://www.coffeeandcovid.com/p/reckless-saturday-october-14-2023

But all we have to go on is media, which is packed with official and amateur propaganda, rumor, innuendo, hot takes, overreactions, and simple errors.

Having issued those disclaimers, since many have asked, I will tell you what I think.

I think Israel may be rushing into a horrible mistake. I think Gaza could be a trap. I base this on two unarguable facts. First, while some quibble around the edges about the extent of the atrocity, Hamas’s furious and morally inexcusable attack was clearly designed to inflame Israelis’ rage and elicit the full spectrum of negative emotion, and to create massive political and moral pressure to force Israel’s government to act fast.

In legal strategy, when an opponent pushes you to act fast, it’s generally because they don’t want you thinking too hard about your next move, and they are hoping you’ll make a mistake. Usually it signals a trap.

The second red flag is Hamas’ unaccountably-high level of intelligence, planning, organization, and execution. Many believe that a major state must also be involved. Obvious candidates include Russia, Iran, and even China. Whoever it is must also have predicted and planned for how Israel would respond. It is impossible to believe the plan somehow stops at Gaza’s border. It looks a lot like they wanted to draw Israel in to Gaza on the ground.

Not only does it smell like a trap, but the certain cost in harms to Palestinian civilians and the predictable loss of Israeli soldiers fighting in the Gaza rubble will be enormous in a ground action, and maybe ultimately unaffordable. Israel has a clear moral imperative to defend itself, but everyone seems to agree there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye.

Based on limited and unreliable information, that’s what I think. Hopefully cool heads will prevail. We will probably find out sooner rather than later.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They should have just maintained the total blockade until the Palestinian people gave up the hostages and the terrorists. And if they chose not to, then starve them out. Play the waiting game.

And deny them electronic communications. No contact with the outside world.

way 2 go

They should have just maintained the total blockade until the Palestinian people gave up the hostages and the terrorists. And if they chose not to, then starve them out. Play the waiting game.

And deny them electronic communications. No contact with the outside world.
read somewhere today they shut off the internet to gaza

Jasmine

. . . . . I'm loathe to defend a horrible leader like Trump . . . . .

The man who overturned Roe v Wade. A terrible leader?

I can give you a list or pure evil policies of the democrats. I dare you to name ONE evil policy of Trump's!

Jasmine

Have you ever noticed that the democrats always try to place antisemitism at the feet of conservatives, but whenever an incident like this attack takes place, the horrible evil antisemitism always starts spewing forth from the Left?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The man who overturned Roe v Wade. A terrible leader?
Not everything he did was bad. You take me for some binary apparatchik to whom a lack of praise for Trump means I praise leftist leaders.

And let me mention another aspect of overturning Roe. I don't give as much praise for overturning Roe as I would have given a leader that sought the abolition of human abortion. Trump is OK with some babies being murdered before they are born as long as their fathers are criminals. He had a rousing endorsement of this policy when he talked with Tudor Dixon who showed her own lack of being a good leader when she changed from advertising herself as an abolitionist to being pro-choice with exceptions at his suggestion.

I can give you a list or pure evil policies of the democrats. I dare you to name ONE evil policy of Trump's!
I bet I could give you longer list of evil policies of the Democrats than you can. They are the evil party, after all.

The problem is, the Re-publicans are the stupid party.

And naming an evil policy of Trump's can be done at WARP SPEED. And if you don't catch that reference, just look at the evil leftists he hired and listened to and the leftists he didn't fire... and it's not because his heart was in the right place, but because he's a leader that lacks good character judgement. And that's just one of his flaws that makes him a horrible leader.

Last edited:

ok doser

Thought about putting this one in the dishonesty of the left thread or the dishonesty of the leftist media thread but I'll just drop it here

ok doser